Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2015 11:17:45 PM EDT
I am thinking of moving to Duluth.  How in the heck do you guys drive in the winter??  Hills and more hills.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It's not too bad most of the time.  You just avoid the biggest ones when it's bad out, there's plenty of alternate roads.  The past two years we've gotten some good rain that iced them bad but usually it's pretty bearable.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to hear.  Many of the streets look as if they be very treacherous in the winter time.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to hear.  Many of the streets look as if they be very treacherous in the winter time.
View Quote

Been a while since I lived in Duluth, but the streets were hazardous in the summer when I was there. I don't know what they did with the city budget, but they certainly didn't use it for street repairs.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Defensive driving, alternate routes, and good insurance backed by street negotiation skills.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:34:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

From what I've heard, downhill has the right of way in the winter.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Duluth does a pretty good job of keeping the streets clear.  Side streets are another matter.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got a job in Duluth! Starting mid September. If anyone has advice on good (safe/quiet) places to rent up there, please shoot me a message.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#8]
PS, sorry for the thread-hijack. I'll let you know how the roads are when I get up there
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I just got a job in Duluth! Starting mid September. If anyone has advice on good (safe/quiet) places to rent up there, please shoot me a message.
View Quote

East Duluth but not on the hillside, out in the country in MN or WI, or in Hermantown would be my suggestion.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Subaru.  Mine passes the 4x4's on the hills in winter snow.  Pay attention and park it if things get icy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:07:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I live in east duluth and its really nice over here. My roommate had a black guy come in his house and hold a knife to his throat then wrap an extension cord around his neck so he would open the safe but that wasnt because of the area, it was a craigslist sale gone bad. He got beat up REALLY bad by the guy before he kicked him in the nuts and got out of the house. The guy and his girl accomplice are now in jail. Worked out good for me since Im a security guard. Thats why he let me move in for such a good price haha.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool story bro.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I live in east duluth and its really nice over here. My roommate had a black guy come in his house and hold a knife to his throat then wrap an extension cord around his neck so he would open the safe but that wasnt because of the area, it was a craigslist sale gone bad. He got beat up REALLY bad by the guy before he kicked him in the nuts and got out of the house. The guy and his girl accomplice are now in jail. Worked out good for me since Im a security guard. Thats why he let me move in for such a good price haha.
View Quote

So do you drive around in the Ford Escapes in the Miller Hill Mall parking lot?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top