Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an old riding mower that could be shot up. I'm not sure if I will make the shoot but I can get it to someone who is going if there is interest in it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be doped-up on Xanax on a 13-hour flight from Chicago to Tokyo .... I'm feeling mixed emotions over this fact....
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I am flying in late on Friday but hope to make it. I am looking forward to seeing some familiar and new faces!

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would be awesome. We had two of them at the last shoot. I'm about 3 hours away but maybe someone local? Volunteers? Anyone???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have an old riding mower that could be shot up. I'm not sure if I will make the shoot but I can get it to someone who is going if there is interest in it.

That would be awesome. We had two of them at the last shoot. I'm about 3 hours away but maybe someone local? Volunteers? Anyone???

I work in Frankfort and would be willing to drive to the Shelbyville exit on 64 to meet someone.

I also have a working Craftsman self propelled mower that I would like to see blown up while running.  It has been the biggest POS mower I have ever owned and I want it to die a terrible death.  

What are the shoot guidelines on children, such as 6 and 8 year old girls?  Are they welcome, welcome to only watch, or is that too young either way?  Especially given the recent news story of the 9 year old girl.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I MIGHT HAVE FOUND A TRUCK!!!!

We have about a 50/50 chance of him selling it to us for what ever we can pitch in.  I can haul it to the range.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We still need one. Seems the days of free targets with scrap value are over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there currently a vehicle to shoot or does one need to be acquired?

I will start the vehicle fund with a donation of 100$,

Is there anyone locally who can acquire a derelict vehicle? Post above kinda answered that!
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:02:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am flying in late on Friday but hope to make it. I am looking forward to seeing some familiar and new faces!

View Quote

Hope you can make it as well, its been a few years.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Anybody camping Friday night?

I plan on getting there around 830 Friday night,along with a friend or two.
We were the only dumb asses who camped last year on Friday,it was a little cold if you remember
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#12]
So disappointed in myself. Without even thinking about it I booked a CCDW class for this Saturday, I'm the instructor so I can't back out. Sorry fellas I really wanted to get out and meet everyone. I'll try to make it to the Friday night meet up. Safe shooting and have a blast!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I have to work friday night so I will be there around 12:30 to1:00.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Probably won't make it this year unless all the stars align. Have been working out of town for the last 4 weeks. Unless JPH2 wants to stop by and pick me up on his way down
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#17]
What cool guns is everybody else bringing so everybody knows what ammo we need to have?

I'll start.  If you want to shoot my stuff, it needs to be factory ammo.

SPAS 12 - 12 gauge 2 3/4" only.  It needs to be high brass to run semi auto.  It will run low brass in pump mode.

Five seveN - 5.7x28 and I have a suppressor for it.

HK Mark 23 - 45acp and I have a suppressor for it.

AR15 - 300 Blackout I have a suppressor for it.

1911 - 45ACP and I have a suppressor for it.

Heavy B - 308 and I it can be suppressed as well
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll be 3-gunning in the morning.

After I will run up to the main range and hopefully try and squeeze in with my M82a1 and MAX-31 mk2.

If you have factory ammo, you can use them. I'll bring some extra .50 if someone wants to shoot it, we'll figure out a trade/cost or something.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#20]
It looks very unlikely that I will be able to make it down this year.

I've been dealing with a medical issue the past couple weeks, infection on my left leg that required iv antibiotics and I still have to wear special dressings for a couple more weeks.

I am healing up nicely but being unable to work for the past two weeks has put a huge strain on my family's schedule to cover for me and they are having to play catch up on shit they need to do.

Look forward to seeing you all again when I get the chance.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#22]
i'll be bringing a friend or two arriving around 11:00.

I will bring the SCAR17S and the M16 for sure. Factory ammo is all you need to shoot them. I will also have the .22lr  and 9mm uppers as well.

Forgot to add, I will have a 6.8 Upper on hand.

I also will have a beta mag for 5.56 mag dumps if you are so inclined.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I plan on bringing my:

556 SBR (as seen in my avatar)
Blaser Tactical 2
300 blackout AR with SDN-6
K-31

I'll be bringing a friend and he said he would bring:

SCAR 16 and 17
Beretta ARX100
AR 15

There may be more. I plan on just coming up the day of and not spending the night prior like I used to. I will be traveling a lot lighter than normal.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:49:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I plan on bringing my:

556 SBR (as seen in my avatar)
Blaser Tactical 2
300 blackout AR with SDN-6
K-31

I'll be bringing a friend and he said he would bring:

SCAR 16 and 17
Beretta ARX100
AR 15

There may be more. I plan on just coming up the day of and not spending the night prior like I used to. I will be traveling a lot lighter than normal.
View Quote

Glad you could work it out. See you there!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Probably won't make it this year unless all the stars align. Have been working out of town for the last 4 weeks. Unless JPH2 wants to stop by and pick me up on his way down
View Quote

I would, as it's nice to make some new friends, but there is no room in my car.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm in!
First time in a couple years. (Since my son was born)
I'll bring an assortment of suppressed stuff 22, 9, 45, 5.56, 300blk, 308. Also bringing the m11/9. :)
ETA: Just as I was able to shoot tons of cool stuff my first time out, anyone is welcome to shoot my guns. Brass cased factory ammo please. (The steel doesn't run worth a shit in the mac anyway)
I am in need of a fixed bbl spacer for a TiRant 45 if anyone has a spare.;)
Planning on camping Friday and Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's bad news. Take care of yourself so you'll be around for next year's shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looks very unlikely that I will be able to make it down this year.

I've been dealing with a medical issue the past couple weeks, infection on my left leg that required iv antibiotics and I still have to wear special dressings for a couple more weeks.

I am healing up nicely but being unable to work for the past two weeks has put a huge strain on my family's schedule to cover for me and they are having to play catch up on shit they need to do.

Look forward to seeing you all again when I get the chance.

That's bad news. Take care of yourself so you'll be around for next year's shoot.

Will do jeep.   It was pretty unnerving calling doc on labor day to see when I could get in and to ask how to take care of it till then and being told to head straight to the ER after describing it.   Luckily it was still localized and the antibiotics knocked it down before it moved to the blog stream.   At this point I am down to just having a unni boot dressing with once a week check ups till the wounds finish healing.   I expect I'll get some scars as a reminder to be more careful in the future.

The real silver lining is that in going in for this I discovered that my blood pressure was through the roof and doc got me on a couple meds that have worked wonders for how I have been feeling.   After I hurt my knee last year I got down real bad and put on a lot of weight since I could barely get around.   I had been trying to loose weight for months but couldn't seam to make any progress.  

I have lost at least 30 lbs of water weight in the past couple weeks on those meds and my BP was down to 140/85 from 200/110 in a few days.   Finally starting to really feel like myself again for the first time in almost a year and really looking forward to being able to get back in the field shooting and hunting again.   Before those meds I was really worried I might be crippled for good.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#28]
How late in the day the event usually go?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How late in the day the event usually go?
View Quote

UTC. (until Complete)

The ones I have been to start thinning out around 2-3pm, and the bulk of the people start packing up around 4-5pm. Then there is usually a group that get together for dinner after the event. It mostly depends on how far of a drive home it is for most people.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I am bringing my

and my 50BMG all are welcome to shoot them.

I also am camping Friday n Saturday.

I also stay till about 5 then go up to the steakhouse for dinner. I think its the Tumbleweeds on SR 1526,    off exit 121  I-65
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Is there anyone locally who can acquire a derelict vehicle? Post above kinda answered that!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is there currently a vehicle to shoot or does one need to be acquired?

I will match the 7 foot vikings offer of $100.00 dollars.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Going to try to make it.  I'll bring a few guns, but they'll probably be pretty pedestrian compared to what it sounds like some of you guys have.  I'll bring a cooler with a couple twelve packs of soda and some water for folks to stay hydrated, too.  I've probably met a couple dozen HTFers over the years, but I look forward to seeing some new faces and old ones.

I probably won't go, but if you're in town for the dinner the night before, I can vouch that thevibe's restaurant is some good food and he's a nice guy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:49:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We have about a 50/50 chance of him selling it to us for what ever we can pitch in.  I can haul it to the range.
View Quote

Has there been any traction on acquiring a vehicle?

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Just finalized my plans.  I will be coming on Saturday and my g/f will meet me there sometime in the early afternoon with her two daughters.

I still have the old riding lawn mower that I will bring.  Does it need to be there before 9am or can it be rolled out during a cease fire?  It rolls well and would be easy to push out.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
We can push it out. Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just finalized my plans.  I will be coming on Saturday and my g/f will meet me there sometime in the early afternoon with her two daughters.

I still have the old riding lawn mower that I will bring.  Does it need to be there before 9am or can it be rolled out during a cease fire?  It rolls well and would be easy to push out.

We can push it out. Thanks!

Great, that will make it a bit easier on me getting there.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#38]
For the NRA voting members of the group I will have a petition to get Arfcom member SCDonttreadonme, aka Timothy Knight, on the NRA Board of Directors ballot.  He was instrumental in making the Colorado election recalls happen.  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1617923_Knight_for_NRA_Board________Nomination_help_needed.html

The petitions have to be in to the NRA by the end of September so time is running out.  If you have been an annual member for 5 years or a life member make sure you find me and sign the petition.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
For the NRA voting members of the group I will have a petition to get Arfcom member SCDonttreadonme, aka Timothy Knight, on the NRA Board of Directors ballot.  He was instrumental in making the Colorado election recalls happen.  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1617923_Knight_for_NRA_Board________Nomination_help_needed.html

The petitions have to be in to the NRA by the end of September so time is running out.  If you have been an annual member for 5 years or a life member make sure you find me and sign the petition.
View Quote

I've got his materials as well.  I've been swamped with work and won't/haven't had much time to circulate it.  If it helps consolidate things and provides more opportunities to help Knight, I can sign yours and if someone else wants to handle/help circulate the one I have that would probably work well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I know this is a little late to ask but if anyone will be bringing an Hk VP9 please let me know! I've been dying to get my hands on one for a while and would like to get a few rounds down range if at all possible.
Thanks and see you all tomorrow!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#42]
How do we know who's who/who do we let know we're afcom'rs to get the meet and greet rolling? Ps. I'll be bringing an old xerox machine minus glass, 2 empty 30 lb helium tanks, and around 30 empty brake clean cans.
I'll be shooting my Para black ops 14.45 1911 and 11in SBR .300BLK

Are we going to have "Hi my name is" stickers?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#44]
See you fellas tomorrow!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:55:28 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have dropped it off at the range.  One of the guys camping has the key.  I MUST have the battery back before it gets shot up.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:31:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:26:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Headed out now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Have a great day everyone.

Wish I was there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Everyone have fun and be safe, wish I could have made it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Triggers were pulled, things caught on fire, hot dogs were ate and BS was shot.  It was a good day.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top