Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm still here guys.
Let me know what I can do.
I'd be happy to store things for anyone until you can move out, but again, no NFA in RI.
If I were in your shoes, I would seriously talk to someone out of state, who could legally store your nfa items short term. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
Let me know when the shooting starts.
View Quote

find me a fire job in the carolinas with a decent pension

i only know how to put fires out and save kitties
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How about that guy who said the common denominator isn't "mental health". They are still tip toeing around the mental health issue.
View Quote

The guy's name is Schwartz.  He's the director of the "Institute of Living".  Just another asshole.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Bridgeport's mayor (Finch? or something like that) was on WFSB this morning.  He is happy about Bass Pro because they are responsible, blah, blah, hunting, blah, blah...   He continued on about how wonderful Malloy is blah, blah....  

These commies make me want to puke.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still here guys.
I'd be happy to store things for anyone until you can move out, but again, no NFA in RI.
If I were in your shoes, I would seriously talk to someone out of state, who could legally store your nfa items short term. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Shooting granny's kitten out of a tree isn't the same thing as saving it.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still here guys.

A couple of the state reps and senators are getting funding for the ANG fire dept at BDL.

Not related to your idea, but just wanted to toss it out there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still here guys.

It was a less Lethal baton round.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bridgeport's mayor (Finch? or something like that) was on WFSB this morning.  He is happy about Bass Pro because they are responsible, blah, blah, hunting, blah, blah...   He continued on about how wonderful Malloy is blah, blah....  

These commies make me want to puke.

View Quote

If they actually open their doors, they won't last a year.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm still here guys.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A couple of the state reps and senators are getting funding for the ANG fire dept at BDL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still here guys.

too old anyways
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still here guys.

yum, cherrios
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I won't shop at Bass Pro. Main reason is their prices. I have been to 2 of them in the last few months. Prices are higher by 10-20% over Cabela's. Cabela's prices are usually high too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:38:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I won't shop at Bass Pro. Main reason is their prices. I have been to 2 of them in the last few months. Prices are higher by 10-20% over Cabela's. Cabela's prices are usually high too.
View Quote

Fuck bass pro. They opened in Foxboro, Ma, where ONLY Ma residents can buy guns/ ammo.
Had they opened here, they'd be making a lot more $.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Fuck bass pro. They opened in Foxboro, Ma, where ONLY Ma residents can buy guns/ ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the same thing. Open 20 miles or less away in RI and everyone can buy. After I have seen their prices I would not shop there anyway.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I thought the same thing. Open 20 miles or less away in RI and everyone can buy. After I have seen their prices I would not shop there anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I give Cabelas a pass, they got mao fucked same as y'all.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least Cabela's prices are not as crazy as bass Pro. If you are not a MA resident with a FID card you can't buy ammo period. CT you can get either non-resident pistol permit or an ammo certificate that allows anyone to buy ammo.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#16]
This whole fucking thing is bullshit but the Anti's are going to ride this train as far as it will go.  We know legislation is being crafted and we know Dan is itching to sign something more drastic.  It's coming.  I have already heard the argument for new legislation and it will be persuasive for those who don't value their liberty and just want a fake sense of security.  Fucking assholes.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This whole fucking thing is bullshit but the Anti's are going to ride this train as far as it will go.  We know legislation is being crafted and we know Dan is itching to sign something more drastic.  It's coming.  I have already heard the argument for new legislation and it will be persuasive for those who don't value their liberty and just want a fake sense of security.  Fucking assholes.
View Quote

Yes. It will be persuasive. The media is already massaging the message for the politicians and setting the groundwork for the soon to be proposed anti rights bills.

The problem we face is that Sandy Hook happened here in CT. Because of that things are different now. Prior to Sandy Hook such recommendations being suggested by this committee would not be seriously considered by the legislature. Because of Sandy Hook and because so many politicians used it to advance their agenda they will be more inclined to jump on the commission suggestion bandwagon than they would prior to Sandy Hook. Prior to Sandy Hook most anti right legislation tended to die in committee. Post Sandy Hook the chances are better than even that even soft anti rights legislation has a good chance of getting out of committee and to a full vote by the legislature. Malloy will sign any anti rights legislation that lands on his desk. Its pretty much assumed he will not sign any legislation that advances one's 2A rights.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm studying to be a state trooper and get my CDL, ya know, so I can drive the MRAP around.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm studying to be a state trooper and get my CDL, ya know, so I can drive the MRAP around.
View Quote

I've got my CDL, I'll drive, you shoot!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Firepolock, any idea where you wanna live in the Carolinas? I grew up in NC and my folks live down in SC now. I can talk to a few friends and have them keep an eye out for fire jobs if you'd like.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm going west.. Oklahoma or Texas .
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

KY if I go
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Firepolock, any idea where you wanna live in the Carolinas? I grew up in NC and my folks live down in SC now. I can talk to a few friends and have them keep an eye out for fire jobs if you'd like.
View Quote

more of a pipe dream

but anywhere really i guess

but the smokey mountains are awesome
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#24]
i have a sister company in Charleston sc. go there every year for a few weeks for work. i would never ever live down there.

first, to fucking hot. in the summer you can't even go outside. its god awful.

second, the racism is deep there. to the point where its difficult to go about life. everyone hates the other.

if i leave ill end up in the north. Vermont , new Hampshire , or Maine. i know they are doomed too, but its spread out enough that it doesn't matter much
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
i have a sister company in Charleston sc. go there every year for a few weeks for work. i would never ever live down there.

second, the racism is deep there. to the point where its difficult to go about life. everyone hates the other.

if i leave ill end up in the north. Vermont , new Hampshire , or Maine. i know they are doomed too, but its spread out enough that it doesn't matter much
View Quote

Except Vermont will go liberal!!!!!

I lived there in the Deep South ! It was tough, I didn'tike it there!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
i may end up north myself. I have a job that I can transfer with just gotta tell the owner. We are gonna start getting the house ready this spring to sell or turn it back to a multi family and rent it out.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup

And the "fakefriendly" stuff.  I never fell for it for a second.  But most people do.

Charleston is a nice little city though in the upscale areas.  Wouldn't want to live there though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Go West, far West... but not all the way West...

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Charleston and Savannah are beautiful cities to visit. Doubt I would want to live there. From VA to GA the racism is really rampant and makes me uncomfortable. Not only do they hate non-white people, they hate northerners. You will never fit in. A buddy of mine moved to Atlanta and in the city it is fine but in the smaller towns it is like the 1800s. He lives in a smaller town and his neighbors get a along with him but he is known as "the Yankee neighbor, but he is cool".

I thought about Oklahoma at one time. I have an uncle in Tulsa.

Florida is where the wife wants to go. I have worked on her the last 10 years and she finally has come around to agreeing to move. I can deal with FL as long as my workshop has A/C. I told her I want a workshop at least one garage bay size. Ideally 20 x 40. She agreed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I tried very hard to get/find work in Texas.  To no avail.  You kind of need to be there in order to start working there, and for me I just don't have the money to move on out.  Best thing I can hope for is to move laterally to NY which is far worse, and milk that city for big money (I hope) and then make my getaway in 5-10 years.  It really sucks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:50:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Spin up a "Go FundMe" site targeting CT liberals for a moving fund to help you leave.... Have 'em put their money where their stupid mouths are...

Might just work...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yup

And the "fakefriendly" stuff.  I never fell for it for a second.  But most people do.

Charleston is a nice little city though in the upscale areas.  Wouldn't want to live there though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

Lol
Don't worry the black folk would hate you too.

Don't act like a now it all liberal Yankee fuck and you'll be fine.

You think racism is worse? No it's just up front and not behind the back. Up here it's the racism of low expectations and pity.

And my friends across the south are very friendly. Even if it's 'fake' it's better than snob fucks looking thru you when you hold a door for them, not even grunting.

Y'all be all judgy n shit...

And this too
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:24:05 AM EDT
[#33]
FWIW, I think we all knew that this was coming. Some of us decided to roll the dice by complying and registering anyway.

Some of us decided not to.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:36:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Everyone just take a deep breath and calm down...

In a way this is a lot easier than 2012/13. We know the legislature has a blank check to write any bills they see fit practically directly into law via ecert. There is no process that matters, nothing legal we can do will affect the outcome of it.

A lot of us ran ourselves ragged last time for absolutely nothing. It's not worth having a coronary over something you cannot change.

Have a drink, go out with friends, fix up your house to sell, etc. Ignore them as best you can until there's an MRAP idling in your driveway at 3AM which we all know will likely never happen.

So they pass another hundred laws, who cares? They can stack 'em with the other volumes of ones that also don't make any sense, can't be enforced, and aren't funded.

Give no fucks.... it's refreshing.
View Quote

You have a point. Look at the MASSIVE amount of capital our side invested in fighting 1160 two years ago. It was an impressive array of political will. In the end, what was the net result? 1160 became a reality.

Maybe it's time to just fight it in court and then deal with those results. Between many of our brethren leaving the state and illegals flocking to it, we may never again see anything but dark blue here, so you can forget electing our way out of this.

Imagine what we could accomplish if (magically) 5,000 liberty-minded gun owners decided to move to New Hampshire in the next two years. A toss-up state would then lean red.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#35]
man they malloy re-elect really took the fight out of us
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not at all.... First round was playing by the rules...

Doesn't work.

Second round up now. Make good choices.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Doesn't work.

Second round up now. Make good different choices.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't work.

Second round up now. Make good different choices.

(For slightly more accuracy)
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lol

You think racism is worse? No it's just up front and not behind the back. Up here it's the racism of low expectations and pity.

And my friends across the south are very friendly. Even if it's 'fake' it's better than snob fucks looking thru you when you hold a door for them, not even grunting.

And this too
<a href="http://s398.photobucket.com/user/spkap/media/2014-06/34517988-80A3-4116-B588-C4D6BB5DB6A9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp69/spkap/2014-06/34517988-80A3-4116-B588-C4D6BB5DB6A9.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

Lol

And this too
<a href="http://s398.photobucket.com/user/spkap/media/2014-06/34517988-80A3-4116-B588-C4D6BB5DB6A9.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp69/spkap/2014-06/34517988-80A3-4116-B588-C4D6BB5DB6A9.jpg</a>

I wasn't talking about black people mister judgy.

I also get along fine with southerners.   I have a little method for getting along with them.   But I'm more apt to trust a Yankee boy who I can get a better read on.   You just act like your visiting disneyworld when with them and don't talk about winning some stupid war 140 years ago and you'll be ok.  

Oh and get your plates changed over quick.  One of our mutual friend's car got all keyed up for having "Yankee plates" by a bunch of good ol' boys that were real friendly like with him be'fo.    It probably wasn't personal, and was just the moonshine talking.   My advice was to leave his Yankee ways at home, not call the police,
And get his tags changed.   It's worked well since.

Not that I would classify that part of Florida as "the south" but people like to pretend they are rednecks and buy pickup trucks and adopt a non-geographic drawl for street cred.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

No

They haven't moved yet.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No

They haven't moved yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No

They haven't moved yet.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i love Vermont. it definitely will go lib but there isnt enough there to make a difference. there's no jobs, no industry, no money.

huge drug problems too

lots of country and no enforcement.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No

They haven't moved yet.

There is a huge difference between them preparing to make a move, making a move, and just bleating and whining for political visibility.

We knew this report was coming.  We knew that they would come back with recommendations that exceeded what already was enacted legislatively.   But they now have to have the political juice and interest to do something.   As far as I am concerned, the "something MUST be done" has been accomplished by having his self serving committee.  That is the mindset of these people.  The coming together of big egos and titles somehow "fixes" shit.  It's the bullshit college professor mindset.

Don't take this as ambivalence or unwillingness to stand up to these clowns.  You know where I stand.   But I'm very resistant to bluffs and bluster from the other side.   They DO present a significant threat, but I see this as bluster.    I might be wrong, but until the legislature starts acting, they have no teeth.  And I think the commission is simply quite pleased with themselves  they could blow as much hot air as they could.   Our reaction can only validate their misguided intent.

I'll be there shoulder to shoulder when it's time man.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#43]
There is no reason for anyone down south or out west to have an ounce of respect for a so-called "Yankee".

All the Yale and Harvard fucks that end up being president keep scewing them.  The northeast and the west coast keep screwing them too.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#44]
This has come to me from a trusted friend. Take it for what it is worth but I have never found him to be wrong on these issues.  I was hesitant to post it but after some encouragement from a well regarded CTHF member I PM'd I have decided to post it up.

This is the Argument that is being currently put forward in Hartford:

Over 20 years ago the Connecticut legislature and Governor passed an Assault Weapon Ban in order to get rid of military style rifles. But despite the governments best efforts gun dealers, manufacturers and citizens exploited loopholes and circumvented the spirit of the law. Because of these actions the Bushmaster AR15 was available for sale in Connecticut and used at the Massacre in Sandy Hook. Had the spirit of the law been followed, that rifle would not have been allowed in the state.

After the Sandy Hook tragedy Connecticut strengthened the gun laws with common sense bipartisan legislation yet there was very little compliance by the citizenry. At the same time loop holes like Pre-Bans have been exploited by dealers which have brought more deadly Assault Rifles into Connecticut. Individuals on the internet and at rally?s have bragged about flouting the new laws and smuggling in high capacity magazines.

So after our best efforts of trying to find common ground with grandfathering provisions and such we find there is no other option left for us except to take more definite measures to make these laws as simple and uncomplicated as possible. We will enact the findings of the Sandy Hook commission which involves a ban on anything that may hold more than 10 rounds and there will be no grandfathering. This will finally rid our state of the weapons we have intended to outlaw for the last 20 years.

If you don't vote for this the blood of the next Sandy Hook will be on your hands and we will make sure all your constituents are aware of it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This has come to me from a trusted friend. Take it for what it is worth but I have never found him to be wrong on these issues.  I was hesitant to post it but after some encouragement from a well regarded CTHF member I PM'd I have decided to post it up.

Over 20 years ago the Connecticut legislature and Governor passed an Assault Weapon Ban in order to get rid of military style rifles. But despite the governments best efforts gun dealers, manufacturers and citizens exploited loopholes and circumvented the spirit of the law. Because of these actions the Bushmaster AR15 was available for sale in Connecticut and used at the Massacre in Sandy Hook. Had the spirit of the law been followed, that rifle would not have been allowed in the state.

After the Sandy Hook tragedy Connecticut strengthened the gun laws with common sense bipartisan legislation yet there was very little compliance by the citizenry. At the same time loop holes like Pre-Bans have been exploited by dealers which have brought more deadly Assault Rifles into Connecticut. Individuals on the internet and at rally?s have bragged about flouting the new laws and smuggling in high capacity magazines.

So after our best efforts of trying to find common ground with grandfathering provisions and such we find there is no other option left for us except to take more definite measures to make these laws as simple and uncomplicated as possible. We will enact the findings of the Sandy Hook commission which involves a ban on anything that may hold more than 10 rounds and there will be no grandfathering. This will finally rid our state of the weapons we have intended to outlaw for the last 20 years.

If you don't vote for this the blood of the next Sandy Hook will be on your hands and we will make sure all your constituents are aware of it.

View Quote

So...who is your friend?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

A blind deaf man with no arms or legs saw this coming. We all knew the end game. Like I posted above, some people decided to comply anyway...and some people didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hbkbnyhUkM
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#47]
And whether you complied or not has zero to do with what comes next.Those who hide in the shadows and those who stand
up and say here it is come and take it at your own risk need to be
united and resolute in defense of the constitution,and against tyrrany and treason.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:21:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Just someone who would rather remain anonymous.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Blah Blah Blah... So we're going to pass even more unenforceable laws that take teams of lawyers to decipher....

The fact that they didn't sweep up people who stood up in public and essentially yelled "Fuck You" says volumes.

They can't because there's no money and no will to do so.

"We're going to hunt down and imprison or kill the responsible professional men and women (i.e. the few remaining taxpayers) who could afford these high-priced mythical items of mayhem based on a bizarre arbitrary set of features"

The emporer has no clothes.

Although he does have thugs with guns so things may get ugly fast, although I doubt it. Some of those thugs aren't too bright.. Hard to say...

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
And whether you complied or not has zero to do with what comes next.Those who hide in the shadows and those who stand
up and say here it is come and take it at your own risk need to be
united and resolute in defense of the constitution,and against tyrrany and treason.
View Quote

Hear, hear.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top