Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2017 12:38:59 PM EDT
This time with a wife and four kids, likely Richmond.

I can't wait to get out of FL...

Can't wait to live in non NOVA VA.

Saw on the news that Blue Ridge had a Richmond operation that closed down?

Fill me in, where am I shooting.

Need an indoor and outdoor option.

THANKS!

And if you are local to richmond, please email me, I need to meet up, make contact.  

blackberrymw@gmail

thanks!

(also, wtf is up with the governor and this whole blue shift?  when did that happen?!  Gotta get my VCDL membership going again.)
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Church Hill usually has some shooting going on. Moving targets too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
The Amelia WMA has a shotgun and rifle range (up to 100 yards), and is very nice.  It's a bit west of the city, but worth the drive IMO.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Indoor ranges you do not have much as BRA has shut down and you now have Colonial Shooting Academy and Dominion on southside. I have never shot at Dominion so I can comment on them. I was a member at CSA for 3 years and got fed up with their antics and have yet to step foot in their after 9 months. You will pay high for the price of a membership that gives you little to nothing( discounts on already overpriced items, can not used your own ammo for rifles, poor planning on sales, etc). I used them all the time and bought multiple guns from them, but have bought elsewhere now. There Ego needs to be checked at the door.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
For indoors, Dominion are nice people, but you have to buy their ammo.  Pretty sure they also had a sign indicating no AR15s were allowed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome back to VA! I've been back home for a year now after 5 years behind the iron curtain in NY.

Check out Black Creek gun club on the east side of Richmond (not far from the airport).
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Four kids! You all have been busy!

-shooter
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 12:14:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome back!

The folks at Dominion are nice. I have been there a number of times when some of the guests were acting like fools, though. I don't really see that at Colonial. Dominion does not allow ARs.

Shooting at Amelia has become a hassle. It is often pretty crowded, and of course you can't shoot pistols.

I use to like Black Creek because it was low key. I haven't been there in a long time, so I'm not sure what it is like now.

This area could really use a place with ranges longer than 100 yards, ranges where you can shoot multiple targets, steel, and offers training courses worth a damn. Who is going to open up that facility? Come on!
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome back to the Old Dominion...
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:26:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Have fun back in Va!
Should have come to the Panhandle though!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome back to the Old Dominion...
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top