Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 6:59:19 AM EDT
Youth and Apprentice Deer Hunting Day

September 24 and 25

Statewide.
Resident and nonresident youth hunters 15 years of age and under or holders of a valid apprentice hunting license, when in compliance with all applicable laws and licenses, may hunt when accompanied and directly supervised by an adult who has a valid Virginia hunting license or is exempt from purchasing a hunting license. Nonresident youth of any age need to have the appropriate licenses (unless exempt from purchasing a license).
Deer of either sex may be taken.
Antlerless deer taken on the youth and apprentice deer hunting weekend are in addition to an antlerless deer taken under the youth antlerless deer regulation and on either-sex deer hunting days.
Deer harvested by youth or apprentice hunters count against their daily and season bag limit.
Blaze orange requirements and exceptions for firearms deer season are in effect (see General Hunting Regulations).
Deer hunting with dogs is prohibited, except that tracking dogs are allowed (see Hunting with Dogs).
Adult hunters accompanying youth or apprentice deer hunters:
do not need a deer/turkey license on this weekend.
shall not carry or discharge a weapon.
shall maintain close visual and verbal contact with, provide adequate direction to, and can immediately assume control of the firearm.
Unless specified above, all other normal firearm deer regulations apply (e.g., daily and season bag limits, tagging and checking, EAB, special antler restrictions, etc.).
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be out with my son. He's stoked as can be.
We have seen a couple of decent bucks on trail cams recently. Hopefully I'll post a follow up on Monday.

Wish us luck.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I plan on being out with the youngest.  He has been stoked for weeks.  Hopefully it won't be too wet.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Best of luck to all the youth hunters.

I wish my stepson had an interest in hunting.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Both of my friends kids got a doe. One yesterday on my farm, the other this morning on another place he hunts. Both taken with my kid friendly 243 loads.

I wish they would have had this when I was a kid, although deer were scarce back then.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:34:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Hunted most of Saturday and Sunday morning.  Saw nothing.  U think they 15 inches of rain last week did us in.  The farm was really wet. Oh well. Archery starts Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Number 1 son came thru! Shot a 5 point buck and a doe..

Great weekend and very proud of the boy.

If my retarded ass could figure out how to post pics, I'd post em up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top