Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2014 4:30:35 PM EDT
I am inclined to make an offer on 10 acres of land just outside Winchester. Would I be able to, legally, set up a little plinking range?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You will have to check to see what the local county ordinances allow for.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Frederick County will let you shoot all you want. The sheriffs are pretty understanding and don't hassle you either unless you're really raising hell.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#3]
My first house was in Shawneeland (north Frederick co.); most lots were 1/4 to 1/2 acre.  There was lots of shooting going on in the 80's there!  I'm sure things have settled down now, but yes, Frederick County is freedom friendly.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Back in the 80's - Shawneeland still had quite a few lots that were not sold to individuals and also a lot of land still held by the original owners (not divided into lots yet) and there was hunting on most of the mountain top
There was also a "rock quarry" that we target shot at -- my family had a lot there back then and I've taken alot of deer and turkeys off that mountain
not any more sadly
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My first house was in Shawneeland (north Frederick co.); most lots were 1/4 to 1/2 acre.  There was lots of shooting going on in the 80's there!  I'm sure things have settled down now, but yes, Frederick County is freedom friendly.

View Quote

Top Top