Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2014 8:15:30 AM EDT

I'll be in Va Beach area from 8-12 Sept for training.  

Anything interesting over there?  I haven't been in 15+ years.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.colonialshooting.com/vab/

Thats the newest gun shop in town. Plus Superior gun and pawn is just down the street. A&P Arms(?) out by Oceana, Bob's in Norfolk, and Superior has a small shop off Little Creek in Norfolk. There is another one on Tidewater Dr but I dont recommend going there, the owner is a dick and everything is overpriced.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are into long range and/or Vintage Sniper, Norfolk County Rifle Range will be having a match on Sep 13 at Academi. Go to NCRR.net for details if interested, where are you training?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Also check out "The Armory" off Indian River Road. They have the best prices in town.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are into long range and/or Vintage Sniper, Norfolk County Rifle Range will be having a match on Sep 13 at Academi. Go to NCRR.net for details if interested, where are you training?
View Quote

I have a DCJS Instructor course at the Va Beach SD Training Center.  Should be done by 5 every day.  Just looking for way to kill some time.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#5]
C2 shooting center is a bit of a hike but still in Virginia Beach, and has ranges up to 300 yds.

For things to do/places to eat, you can go to Town Center, the oceanfront (strip) or Chick's Beach (off Shore Dr) for seafood.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:28:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
C2 shooting center is a bit of a hike but still in Virginia Beach, and has ranges up to 300 yds.

For things to do/places to eat, you can go to Town Center, the oceanfront (strip) or Chick's Beach (off Shore Dr) for seafood.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
that place is awesome

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not a gun store or range, but check out GSS Gear while you're here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
London Bridge Trading company is there too. On London Bridge Road, strangely enough.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Thanks.

I'll have to check some of these places out.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#12]
VA Beach stuff:

Things to do in VA Beach

I am there every 3-4 months and LOVE VA Beach.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#13]
During your visit try to get to my favorite,

The Armory
5313 Indian River RD
Virginia Beach VA 23464
757 424-1617

Neat shop with a huge amount of guns  and ammo that  you will like.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Watermans (orange crushes)

Crocs on Thursday nights

Blue Petes

Lunacy

Catch 31

Mahi Mahs

Rockefellers

Downtown Norfolk (Ghent area)

80/20 burger bar, belmont, colley cantina, mad dogs for happy hour ($10 pitchers)

Go to the beach and paddleboard.

Fishing

Oceana Skeet & Trap Range if you want to shoot some birds

Rock climbing at the rock gym

Townecenter - Keegans (late at night for  live music)

Yardhouse

I could keep going but what are you looking to do?

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Crocs on Thursday nights

Blue Petes

Lunacy

Catch 31

Mahi Mahs

Rockefellers

80/20 burger bar, belmont, colley cantina, mad dogs for happy hour ($10 pitchers)

Fishing

Yardhouse

View Quote

I don't know anyone or have family in that area so I'm just looking for a decent place to eat and some places to kill some time.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Thats the newest gun shop in town. Plus Superior gun and pawn is just down the street. A&P Arms(?) out by Oceana, Bob's in Norfolk, and Superior has a small shop off Little Creek in Norfolk. There is another one on Tidewater Dr but I dont recommend going there, the owner is a dick and everything is overpriced.
View Quote

Is Colonial worth $20/hr?

Edit: BTW What was A&P by Lynnhaven mall arms is now owned Superior.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't know anyone or have family in that area so I'm just looking for a decent place to eat and some places to kill some time.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crocs on Thursday nights

Blue Petes

Lunacy

Catch 31

Mahi Mahs

Rockefellers

Fishing

Yardhouse

Just let me know when your here!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:44:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish I was in town, I would do a brewery tour crawl with a DD.  We do have some nice breweries if you want to check out some local brew.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wish I was in town, I would do a brewery tour crawl with a DD.  We do have some nice breweries if you want to check out some local brew.
View Quote

Damn.  I wish you were to.

I checked out Colonial Shooting Academy after class today.  Nice place, but the prices looked a little high.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#20]
If your still here on saturday theres a gun show accross the bay in Hampton.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:06:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want to shoot a rifle its one a few that you can shoot one at indoors around here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:08:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I checked out Colonial Shooting Academy after class today.  Nice place, but the prices looked a little high.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Waaaaaaaaaay to high. You can shoot pistol at Bobs for $10 an hour and you get to use the own ammo, I think Colonial makes you but there's. But Colonial does have FA rifles you can rent.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Waaaaaaaaaay to high. You can shoot pistol at Bobs for $10 an hour and you get to use the own ammo, I think Colonial makes you but there's. But Colonial does have FA rifles you can rent.
View All Quotes

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish I was in town, I would do a brewery tour crawl with a DD. We do have some nice breweries if you want to check out some local brew.

Damn. I wish you were to.

I checked out Colonial Shooting Academy after class today. Nice place, but the prices looked a little high.

$20/hr + overpriced range ammo?

I really hope C2 and Superior doesn't get any dumb ideas.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I am a member of Colonial Shooting Academy. I do not work for them.

1) They do not require you to shoot their ammo unless you rent their firearms.
2) You can shoot as fast as you want as long as the rounds go where they are suppose to go. I can run 6rd bill drills all day long.
3) You will be able to draw from the holster eventually after you are "holster qualified" and they get the "tactical" range up and running for the public
4) I go shooting often so the $40/month membership works for me. That's only 2 hours month if you're paying as you go.
5) The $20/hour range fee keeps the riff raff away and which is fine by me.
6) There is AC during the summer and heat during the winter
7) If you buy a suppressor from them, you are able to shoot it on their range while you wait for it to get approved.
8) You can shoot rifle, pistol and shotgun on all 4 bays.
9) They have turning targets you can set a timer too

That's all I can think of as of now. Please let me know if you have any questions about CSA. I hate seeing misinformation passed along.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll defiantly have to check them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top