Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2014 7:04:12 AM EDT
Anyone else going to head out there? Current prices on lowers have me looking for some components to complete some builds.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone else going to head out there? Current prices on lowers have me looking for some components to complete some builds.
View Quote

I might swing out on sunday morning.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe sunday aswell
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 5:39:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I was there a couple of months age. Lots of good deals.............on beef jerky, jewelry, and model airplanes. And all for only $12 admission fee.

It's a good thing that Steve hasn't figured out a way to charge for parking......yet.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 5:52:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to go as usual but $13 admission fee eats up any savings on whatever I would buy. Cheaper to order.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty good show. Lots of lowers from $60+ (most for $100-spikes,etc...). Lots of rifle powders, but no pistol. Loads of primers @$30k to start.

Also, some .22, but expensive. Saw quite a bit of PMC xtac (m855 @$370k and m193@$350) that I thought was a pretty good deal.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 4:32:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Def coming from WV. Always cool to look regardless.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Goin to the show and want someone to look at my m1 carbine and tell me what i have...

I recently acquired it, and was told it was a war bring back etc...

The adj rear sight is blocking all the info, and just want an experts opinion.

Who should i take it to?
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Goin to the show and want someone to look at my m1 carbine and tell me what i have...

Who should i take it to?
View Quote

A "bring back" from which war?
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who should i take it to?

post pics over in the M1 section or C&R section of the Armory,  

Link Posted: 6/7/2014 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I was told WWII....co-worker who isnt a gun guy says it was his grandfathers gun that he brought back and had re-conditioned

i know very little about these guns, but know that $250 is a good deal regardless of what it is...even if its just a shooter.

And pointers on who to take it to?

Thanks fellas
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, first of all, with the adjustable rear sight, it ain't a WW2 bringback. They didn't put those sights on until after the war.

BUT......for $250, who the hell cares? Buy the damn thing. Buy it now. And enjoy shooting it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, first of all, with the adjustable rear sight, it ain't a WW2 bringback. They didn't put those sights on until after the war.

BUT......for $250, who the hell cares? Buy the damn thing. Buy it now. And enjoy shooting it.
View Quote

Yea, im skepticle of its lineage as he is  not a gun guy, and gramps died in '87.

When i got it, it was dusty, the bolt was taken out of it, and there was a decomposing zip tie stuck down the barrel.

Ill post some pics in the C&R forum thanks...is there any way to discover the guns info without taking off the rear sight?
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm volunteering for VCDL tomorrow at the gun show!
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 1:46:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yea, im skepticle of its lineage as he is  not a gun guy, and gramps died in '87.

When i got it, it was dusty, the bolt was taken out of it, and there was a decomposing zip tie stuck down the barrel.

Ill post some pics in the C&R forum thanks...is there any way to discover the guns info without taking off the rear sight?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take a flashlight and look carefully under the rear sight, especially from the sides. You should be able to read the first and and last letters of the maker's mark. If you can post those, we can figure out who made it. You should also look at the top of the barrel, just behind the front sight. That will tell you who made the barrel, which is often a clue as to who made the gun.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Two local dealers I know gave up their tables and nobody I know was talking of going. Too many shows there and the panic is long over.

$12.00 (with coupon) to get in for the same old shit.....No thanks, that will pay for online shipping to my door.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Two local dealers I know gave up their tables and nobody I know was talking of going. Too many shows there and the panic is long over.

$12.00 (with coupon) to get in for the same old shit.....No thanks, that will pay for online shipping to my door.
View Quote

Looking at the lack of traffic in this thread I doubt the show was all that well attended
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Found the best price on a Ruger 22/45 black lite I've ever seen! Didn't buy it but one day it will be mine oh yes it will be mine.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#19]
There were actually quite a few good deals.  Used glocks <$400 and I saw quite a few god MK III deals.  I didn't traffic the AR tables much so I don't know what they were like price wise, but it's certainly looking to be back to normal-ish.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#20]
See any police trade in G19s?
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saw a box police of trade in G17's for $389 IIRC. One guy had a Gen 2 G19 that someone had done a nice stipple job on with night sights for $450.

I was amazed at how slow the show was on Sunday afternoon.

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 4:36:35 AM EDT
[#22]
I was there all three days. I spoke with several dealers and by all accounts it was a SLOW show- low attendance and low sales. Trader Jerry had some really good deals (mixed with a few not so good deals). You could get a brand new gen3 G17,G19 or G22 for $450 plus sales tax and the phone call. He also had Ruger SR22 pistols WITH a threaded barrel for $330 plus tax and call. Dark Sun had a couple Yugo AK pistols for $389. They were snapped up fast. Ammunition prices were down but still much higher than buying in bulk online. Most of the vendors took much of it back home with them. I heard a lot of moaning from dealers regarding the upcoming July show which is traditionally their worst.

For me this is as much of a social event as a shopping trip.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 4:39:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Saw a box police of trade in G17's for $389 IIRC. One guy had a Gen 2 G19 that someone had done a nice stipple job on with night sights for $450.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that box go G17 trade-ins; VERY rough and NO magazine but they did have some old, dim night sights.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 4:45:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw lots of AR parts but hard to identify who they came from and what quality they are. Every time I asked, I was told; "Colt" "FN" or just "mil-spec.". Honestly, Palmetto State Armory is probably a better bet- known quantity plus they will make it right if there is a problem.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 5:02:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few years ago, a co-worker asked me to come over for Easter brunch with his extended family and look at an M1 Garand that "was carried by Gramps in WWII". It was a spectacular condition post WWII production gun sold to his grand-father through DCM/CMP. The family told me that I must be mistaken because Gramps told them he carried it in WWII. I am certain what he had said or meant was that he carried one just like it in WWII, not that particular rifle. They showed me the "Government paperwork" (DCM) to prove it. They then all looked at me like I had called Gramps a liar

I did manage to show them how to open the action, check the chamber and close the action without losing a digit before I was politely asked to leave before I accused Gramps of being a panty wearing draft-dodger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top