Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 10/29/2004 2:58:07 PM EDT
This is a new thread started just for the Phase I class. The class is scheduled for May 18th-20th 2005 at the Blackwater USA. Cost for the class will be $775. That price does not include lodging if you choose to stay at Blackwater.  

Blackwaters website:
www.blackwaterusa.com

Contacts for more Information:
Va_Dinger
VA-gunnut

Phase I class:

1.)Day One:
Welcome brief
Characteristics of the pistol
Fundamentals of shooting the pistol
Ammunition and ballistics
Load/Unload/Press check
Ready positions
Tactical/retention reload
Clearing malfunctions
Multiple shots on multiple targets
Speed reloads

(2.)Day two:
Characteristics of the carbine
Fundamentals of shooting the carbine rifle
Zeroing procedures
Load/Unload/Press check
Barrel sight relation
Ready positions
Tactical/retention reload
Clearing malfunctions
Facing movements
shooting positions

(3.)Day three:
Shooting around barricades
Shooting moving targets
Shooting moving targets around barricades
Adverse angles
Sight management drills
Shooting on the move
Pistol transition
Percision shooting

Equipment required:
Carbine rifle, sling, 4-6 mags, Carbine mag holder(tactical vest, harness, chest rig, etc.), weapon cleaning gear, Pistol, pistol holster, 3-5 pistol mags, pistol mag holder, eye+ear protection. Seasonal protective clothing depending on time of year for coarse. Coarse is held during any weather condition. Rain gear is suggested in any season.

Ammunition required: These should be considerd minimums!
600 rounds of pistol ammo per student.
1200 rounds of carbine ammo per student.

Link to the discussion from the last class:Report
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Blackwater FAQ:

Where is Moyock?
Moyock is in the Northeast corner of the state of North Carolina. Blackwater's maingate is located in Moyock. Blackwater ranges are in Camden North Carolina, our driveway is nearly 4 miles long.
Are civilians allowed at Blackwater?
All people of goodwill are welcome at the Blackwater Training Center. We are strong proponents of the Second Amendment.

Can I stay at a local motel/hotel/bed and breakfast?
Most people who train at Blackwater enjoy staying at our facility for its comfort and convenience but you are more than welcome to stay at one of our local bed and breakfasts or a hotel/motel in Elizabeth City or Chesapeake.

Do you sell ammunition?
Yes, we have ammunition and a fully stocked Pro-Shop.

Do you sell the targets that you shoot at Blackwater?
Absolutely, checkout http://www.blackwatertargets.com

Can I lock my gun up in your vault?
We have a large walk-in vault for you to lock up your guns if you desire.

What should I wear at Blackwater for my course?
Blackwater is located just miles from the coast and usually is very temperate...BUT always bring rain gear and if it is considered winter in the rest of the country then it may be winter in North Carolina, of course it may not but better to be safe than sorry.

If I dont stay at Blackwater where can I stay?
We have some excellent local B and B's as well as chain hotels.

What are the hours of the Pro-Shop?
Monday, Wednesday and Friday - 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Can I buy ammo at Blackwater and what kind do you sell?
Yes, we keep all small arms ammo in stock. We use appx. 1 million rounds per year.

Do you sell guns?
Yes, all guns sold at Blackwater are transfered to an FFL in your local area.

Do you provide cleaning equipment?
No, we provide a modern cleaning area with compressed air, cleaning tables and sinks. Cleaning gear is available in the Pro-Shop.

Will I get a certificate of completion?
Yes

Do you have hook-ups for Recreational Vehicles?
No, all RV's must be fully self contained.

Do you shoot when it is raining?
We shoot all the time...bring rain gear.

If I fly in, do you have a service to pick me up?
No, it is highly recommended that if you fly into Norfolk International that you rent a car for your stay.

Can I purchase a Gift Certificate for training or targets?
Yes, call us at (252) 435-2488

When can I check in on Sunday?
You can check in between 4:00 PM and 9:00 PM on Sunday. Please let us know if you will have a late check-in so we can accomodate.

What is your normal instructor/student ration?
1:7

How many employees do you have at Blackwater?
175 -- and growing

What if I have to cancel my course?
If cancellation is made 30 days or more prior to a scheduled course, a full refund of moneys paid will be made.

If cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to a scheduled course, Blackwater will charge a $50.00 cancellation fee. Any other money paid may be applied to another course at Blackwater. The rescheduled course must be within 6 months of the cancellation date.

There are no refunds for no-shows.

OPTIONAL BUNK AND BREAKFAST PACKAGE
DAILY RATE

Bunk bed in bunkroom plus breakfast each day: $35.50
Private individual room plus breakfast each day: $66.00
Semi-private 2 person room plus breakfast each day: $47.50 per person.
You may wish to call the below listed facilities if you decide to stay in town or if we do not have rooms available.

Local B and B's
252 area code

Trisha's B and B Moyock, NC 232-0301 4 miles north
The Palmer House B and B Barco, NC 453-6286 20 miles south
All B and B's offer a special Blackwater Rate
Hotels
All in Elizabeth City, NC and area code 252
Approximately 25 miles west of Blackwater

Days Inn 335 4316
Hampton Inn 333-1800
Holiday Inn 338 3951

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
My current list of members interested in the April 2005 Phase I class:

Aimless
Hoplophile
JC_
TallGuyInSFL
PrivateJoker
Subzero
Hallmark_Ent
Stillie
MAP
Thebomber
The_Rock
ThellURider
lonewolfman007 + son
bulldog1967
chris914
DarkViper
roscoe-p
GUN N 4FUN
Vinh
dport
bulldog1967
operator9
TheYeti
threefiftynone
dakota777
Irish317
WaWaTuSi
Woden
SERE1
Feedingcannibal (Nov)
pikachu

Anybody still interested please reply on this thread or contact me/VA-gunnut with an IM/email.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright! Talked to the wife..... so far I'm good to go!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]
when you say carbine i assume you mean like an AR-15 Right? As far as the pistol is concered is a 45 caliber allowed?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
when you say carbine i assume you mean like an AR-15 Right? As far as the pistol is concered is a 45 caliber allowed?

Yes, .45 caliber pistols are allowed. While any carbine is technically allowed, you could say we encourage the use of an AR15.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Figures, right after Knob Creek weekend.  

What is the situation if someone has a 'bum' knee and can't get into all sorts of positions if one needs to?

I'm seriously thinking about taking this...  If I would maybe I could finally hit what I aim at.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 4:17:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm interested. I'll have to drop a leave chit at the end of the year.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:05:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm in.

Add me to the list.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok this may sound like a dumb question but im asking any wayhat
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:30:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Some one in NC told me that transporting a weapon like the AR-15 across VA-NC line was illegal unless you contacted some agency like the state police.

Did this 'expert' understand that the AR15 is semi-auto and not a machine gun?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#14]
well that is what i siad but he told me i was wrong. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Like i siad a Dumb question
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#15]
BTW... I can't F'ing wait...........
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 1:42:15 AM EDT
[#16]
***Blackwater Credential Policy***
BTC requires applicants for training to submit documentation of responsibility before they are accepted as students. Each student must submit ONE of the following credentials listed below and a photo copy of there current drivers license. These items are to be submitted with a fully completed BTC application.

Accepted Credentials (Need only one of the following):
(1.) Photocopy of current CCW
(2.) Criminal Background check from LEO agency - printed on there letterhead
(3.) Letter Of Good Character from, as an example, Church Pastor, Local Banker, or City Council Person.
(4.) Photocopy of active duty military ID card
(5.) Evidence of employment with Local, State, or Federal Law Enforcement Agency

Everybody must submit a BTC approved evidence of credential. In the first Phase I class most guys used a photocopy of there CCW or went down to there local police station and asked for a criminal background check on themselves.

Blackwater 2005 Training Application:
www.blackwaterusa.com/new/2005training.pdf

Link Posted: 11/3/2004 4:36:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
BTC requires applicants for training to submit documentation of responsibility before they are accepted as students. Each student must submit one of the following credentials listed below and a photo copy of there current drivers license. These items are to be submitted with a fully completed BTC application.

Accepted Credentials:
(3.) Letter Of Good Character from, as an example, Church Pastor, Local Banker, or City Council Person.
(5.) Evidence of employment with Local, State, or Federal Law Enforcement Agency

Everybody must submit a BTC approved evidence of credential. In the first Phase I class most guys used a photocopy of there CCW or went down to there local police station and asked for a criminal background check on themselves.

How soon do we need to have these to Blackwater?
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:03:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BTC requires applicants for training to submit documentation of responsibility before they are accepted as students. Each student must submit one of the following credentials listed below and a photo copy of there current drivers license. These items are to be submitted with a fully completed BTC application.

Accepted Credentials:

The cut off is one month before the start of the class, but theres no need to send them in just yet.  I'll let everybody know when Blackwater's ready for our paperwork.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Accepted Credentials:

The cut off is one month before the start of the class, but theres no need to send them in just yet.  I'll let everybody know when Blackwater's ready for our paperwork.

Whew... That'll give me some time to get the CCW taken care of!
I appreciate your efforts Dinger!
Link Posted: 11/4/2004 5:18:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Two quick questions:

On the application, it states, "Evidence of no felony criminal history from a law enforcement agency on their letterhead or photocopy of their current Concealed Weapons Permits AND letter of good character from, as an example, Church Pastor, local banker, or City Council person."

Is the letter required for both the background check and CHP, or just the CHP?

This would be my first firearms class, so if I put no for prior firearms training will I be rejected?
Link Posted: 11/4/2004 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/6/2004 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/6/2004 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
How about a copy of a recently approved Title II tax stamp? That is as much proof of a recently passed background check as a CCW permit.

I'll ask Monday.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#24]

Equipment required:
Carbine rifle, sling, 4-6 mags, Carbine mag holder(tactical vest, harness, chest rig, etc.), weapon cleaning gear, Pistol, pistol holster, 3-5 pistol mags, pistol mag holder, eye+ear protection. Seasonal protective clothing depending on time of year for coarse. Coarse is held during any weather condition. Rain gear is suggested in any season.

Ok, so the Mrs. asked what I wanted to Christmas, and instantly I starting thinking about Springtime at Blackwater.  I just picked up a Blackhawk vest from a friend, but aside from that, I have no other "Tactical" gear.

What do the veterans of the Blackwater taining courses suggest as gear essentials?
(Specific Recommendations are welcome!)

What would you guys recommend to bring beyond the required equipment?
(Things we might not think to bring but would be VERY helpful)

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#25]
There was a really good thread in this folder a few months back about the post-Blackwater gear critique. I can't dig it up, as I'm not a member, but it's squirreled away somewhere around here.
Link Posted: 11/8/2004 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 5:28:13 AM EDT
[#27]
planning on doing phase 1 class.
what ammo is recommened? since this big part of class, was wondering what types/brand first class used? how good did work for you?
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
How about a copy of a recently approved Title II tax stamp? That is as much proof of a recently passed background check as a CCW permit.

Blackwater just told me no on this. A photocopy of a  NFA tax stamp is not an accepted credential.

Accepted Credentials:

Link Posted: 11/9/2004 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Thanks for checking, I think i'll pass.  I have jumped thru enough hoops for one year.

Obviously it’s your decision, but getting a criminal background check is really no big deal.  It took me all of fifteen minutes at my local police department last year.
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/9/2004 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I have been thinking about the Pat Rodgers class, It is about the same drive either way for me.  Whichever is the least hassle.

I simply don't understand why they wont take a recent tax stamp as a proof of a background check but will take a CCW which is of a lessor standard.  You don't even have to be fingerprinted for a CCW in WV.  The tax stamp sould be approved within the next 60 days so it will be just a current as a CCW permit.

Just a heads up, but Pats classes require basically the same credentials. This is a direct quote from the man himself; "All participants need to be vetted- either a valid pistol license, full time police, or active duty military. I reserve the right to accept or deny any students"
Link Posted: 11/10/2004 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/15/2004 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Perhaps Pat will consider a recent Tax Stamp as sufficient proof of vetment.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/15/2004 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm starting to get really excited. My wife is really happy about me going to. Not sure how to interpret that. Actually, she's going to CA with our daughter so not potential for a guilt trip exists.

Bomber
Link Posted: 11/29/2004 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks like I'm in!

Mike
Link Posted: 11/29/2004 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Looks like I'm in!

Mike

Great  I sure hope Phase I & II are on the same week.
Link Posted: 12/2/2004 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Awesome.  I was hoping you guys were going to do something like this again.  Count me in if the class is not full.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm tagging this one.  

You have been added to the list of interested members.
Link Posted: 12/11/2004 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/12/2004 1:48:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm tagging this one.  

You have been added to the list of interested members.

And you have been added to my short list.

Link Posted: 12/19/2004 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey I might actually be in town for this. When is the latest I can let you know if funds work out and I actually make it back from this godforsaken country in one peice?
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Hey I might actually be in town for this. When is the latest I can let you know if funds work out and I actually make it back from this godforsaken country in one peice?

I don't know about the others here, but when you make it back from the sand box I'm good for paying at LEAST $50.00 towards Blackwater for you.

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Now, who else is in?!

Link Posted: 12/25/2004 4:44:31 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Now, who else is in?!

I will be contacting everybody after the first of the year to figue that out. Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/27/2004 9:08:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Been busy over the last few days with christmas and all and trying to keep in touch with the family and all on a shaky connection. Had a weird day and then I logged on the board and saw this. Wow I dont know what to say because that is flattering. That goes way beyond buying someone a beer at the airport and you dont have to do it.

You dont at all have to do that but I dont see where I can really refuse that kind of offer either. Thanks for the careing guys. With all that has gone on in the last few weeks it is really nice to hear the support from at home.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top