BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 12/29/2004 4:16:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey I might actually be in town for this. When is the latest I can let you know if funds work out and I actually make it back from this godforsaken country in one peice?

I don't know about the others here, but when you make it back from the sand box I'm good for paying at LEAST $50.00 towards Blackwater for you.

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Now, who else is in?!

I can match your 50!

Sean
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey I might actually be in town for this. When is the latest I can let you know if funds work out and I actually make it back from this godforsaken country in one peice?

I don't know about the others here, but when you make it back from the sand box I'm good for paying at LEAST $50.00 towards Blackwater for you.

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Now, who else is in?!

I can match your 50!

Sean

I'll match your $50.

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If there is any room left....please add me to the list of those wishing to take the class.

thanks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I am interested in this if you got the room.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Now, who else is in?!

I can match your 50!

Sean

I'll match your $50.

Bomber

Cool, that's $150...let's keep it goin'!
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You have been added to the list.

****The guy's who are just posting interested recently  might not make it to the April class as we can only have 14 students per class. It's not really a problem becuase we have another Phase I in November.***
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

****The guy's who are just posting interested recently  might not make it to the April class as we can only have 14 students per class. It's not really a problem becuase we have another Phase I in November.***

How many interested parties as it stands now?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:53:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How many interested parties as it stands now?

I have 29 guys on my list. Remember, this is for two Phase I classes (April+November). The guys who contacted me first will get on the April. Everybody else goes on the November class list.

Aimless
Hoplophile
JC_
TallGuyInSFL
PrivateJoker
Subzero
Hallmark_Ent
Stillie
MAP
Thebomber
The_Rock
ThellURider
lonewolfman007 + son
bulldog1967
chris914
DarkViper
roscoe-p
GUN N 4FUN
Vinh
dport
operator9
TheYeti
dakota777
Irish317
WaWaTuSi
Woden
SERE1
Feedingcannibal(Nov)
pikachu

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#9]
You left me off the updated list
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You left me off the updated list

10-4, you have been added.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Since I'm not in the top 14 I should assume I'm in the November class?

If that's the case, go ahead and remove my name. I'm moving from the Hampton Roads area in October and I don't want to pay for lodging.

Sorry about being fickle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Since I'm not in the top 14 I should assume I'm in the November class?

If that's the case, go ahead and remove my name. I'm moving from the Hampton Roads area in October and I don't want to pay for lodging.

Sorry about being fickle.

I have no idea who will actually attend the April class yet. I'm sure many of guys above you on the list will end up not attending for one reason or another. Things like work, kids, and money could make some guys attend the November instead or not at all. I'm off work all next week and will be concentrating on getting all of this straight. Stay tuned, I will be contacting everybody on the list.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like it may be too late BUT please add me to the list of definites...for April. I will cross my fingers that there are enough instructors/range space to run two classes simultaneously...? There seem to be enough interested parties.  

I hoped to use the opportunity not only to improve my skills but also get a feel for Blackwater and see if employment there might be a possibility. By November I'll be down a different career path I imagine.

Semper Fi and good shooting to those who get to go (don't shoot your eye out!).hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Looks like it may be too late BUT please add me to the list of definites...for April. I will cross my fingers that there are enough instructors/range space to run two classes simultaneously...? There seem to be enough interested parties.  

I hoped to use the opportunity not only to improve my skills but also get a feel for Blackwater and see if employment there might be a possibility. By November I'll be down a different career path I imagine.

Semper Fi and good shooting to those who get to go (don't shoot your eye out!).

I've added you to the list. I'm also going to ask Blackwater about running two Phase I's at the same time in April. I was told NO the first time, but it never hurts to ask again. They just have so much going on with there regular classes and Acadamy training. I don't think they have enough ranges available.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I am interested in attending the November class.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys, I'm looking to get some boots so I can have them broken in by April... What do you guys suggest?

ETA: How about an Idea who makes a good Ambi Mag Catch/Release?
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hey guys, I'm looking to get some boots so I can have them broken in by April... What do you guys suggest?

Check IM
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I spoke with Blackwater yesterday. Carol is looking into the possibility of running both Phase I classes on the April 13,14, and 15th dates. No promises, but I'm trying. One change from last year is that the full payment must be sent in with your application/credential paperwork to hold your seat in the class. No $100 deposit this year. Blackwater has had more than a few scumbags pay just the deposit, attend a class and then deny they attended the class when Blackwater sends them a bill. They screwed it up for everybody. I'm going to be contacting the first group on my list tonight to confirm interest in the April class and just keep going down the list until I get 14. Everybody else will go on the list for the November class. Blackwater is sending me the official quote for the class and once I sign it and return it to them the first 14 guys can start sending in there payments/paperwork. There will be a time limit on how long the first 14 guys get to have there paperwork/payment into blackwater. I cannot risk an empty seat with such a long list of guys possibly waiting till November. I will post more on all of this when I hear back from Blackwater.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
There will be a time limit on how long the first 14 guys get to have there paperwork/payment into blackwater.

About how long?
I'm submitting my CCW paperwork next week and I'll probably have to wait 45days.

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check IM

Thank You Sir!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There will be a time limit on how long the first 14 guys get to have there paperwork/payment into blackwater.

About how long?
I'm submitting my CCW paperwork next week and I'll probably have to wait 45days.

I'm not going to give an exact date till I hear back from Blackwater, but I think you will be cutting it close.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I sent out IM's to the first group of guys. If they decide not to attend or do not reply in the next week I will continue down the list. Also remember that there is a chance we can hold two 14 student classes in April.

April Class:
(1.)Aimless
(2.)Hoplophile
(3.)JC_
(4.)PrivateJoker
(5.)Subzero
(6.)MAP
(7.)Thebomber  
(8.)The_Rock
(9.)Bulldog1967
(10.)DarkViper
(11.)chris914
(12.)dport

November:
Hallmark_Ent
ThellURider
Vinh
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Edit - Double post
Link Posted: 1/15/2005 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Eagerly awaiting news-Finger on "Spend" button. Funds ready and armed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2005 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I need to request those days off and wring out a few of my ARs.. Please let us know when for the money and Creds ASAP.

TR
Link Posted: 1/16/2005 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I need to request those days off and wring out a few of my ARs.. Please let us know when for the money and Creds ASAP.

TR

The class is a go and your seat is locked.  Feel free to make any arrangements you need. We should be able to start sending in paperwork and payment in a week or so. I just have to sign the quote and send it back to Blackwater.
Link Posted: 1/17/2005 6:03:59 PM EDT
[#27]
ok so at this point unless there is 2 classes in april am i to plan for the november class or are you still waiting on confirmations?
Link Posted: 1/17/2005 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
ok so at this point unless there is 2 classes in april am i to plan for the november class or are you still waiting on confirmations?

Your fairly high up the list, so you have a good chance of making the April class even if we only have one class in April. It all depends on how many more confirmations I get this week.
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 2:54:11 AM EDT
[#29]
    I do not know about the rest of you guys, but for all the work Dinger is doing putting this together he deserves a hat, "T" shirt at least from you fellows.  
    good luck with the phase I class and I hope the both classes together works out,
Doug form Afghanistan, Oh by the way it is snowing here, and cold as hell
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
    I do not know about the rest of you guys, but for all the work Dinger is doing putting this together he deserves a hat, "T" shirt at least from you fellows.  
    good luck with the phase I class and I hope the both classes together works out,
Doug form Afghanistan, Oh by the way it is snowing here, and cold as hell

What a coincidence! It's snowing and cold here too!
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 10:49:59 AM EDT
[#31]
IM's sent to the next five guys on my list.

chris914
DarkViper
roscoe-p
GUN N 4FUN
Vinh
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#32]
A few questiions;

1.  The application to send in is the one on the Blackwater Web site?

2.  Any recommendations on holsters? I'll be shooting a 1911 and as of now I intend to bring a Kydex belt holster.

Thanks for the help,

Mike
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

chris914
DarkViper
roscoe-p
GUN N 4FUN
Vinh

So close, so very close.

What's the official count at? 9 I reckon?
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
A few questiions;

1.  The application to send in is the one on the Blackwater Web site?

2.  Any recommendations on holsters? I'll be shooting a 1911 and as of now I intend to bring a Kydex belt holster.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

I will be putting together a email or IM with instructions on everything you need to submit shortly. I prefer a drop leg holster, but I'm sure your belt will do fine. Several guys from last years class used them with zero problems. If Blackhawk made a CQC for a light railed 1911, I would probably be using a belt holster myself.
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 5:15:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

chris914
DarkViper
roscoe-p
GUN N 4FUN
Vinh

So close, so very close.

What's the official count at? 9 I reckon?

Yes, I have nine confirmations as of today.
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I brought two holsters to the class last year. I used a belt holster for the pistol portion of the class, and I used a drop leg for the carbine portion. I find that belt holsters don't work well with the tac vests. I would base your hoster decision on what type of system your going to use for carrying extra AR mags.

I was going to purchase this Blackhawk Hip Pouch. I'm not a "one size fits all" type so I do not think a chest rig will work. Do you think this mag pouch will be OK?

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

chris914
DarkViper
roscoe-p
GUN N 4FUN
Vinh

I have not recieved the IM yet just incase you have sent it and i should have got it
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 4:51:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

chris914
DarkViper
roscoe-p
GUN N 4FUN
Vinh

I have not recieved the IM yet just incase you have sent it and i should have got it

I wonder if something went wrong with the IM's. I sent all five on the 21st. Not one of the other four guys has replied, I wonder if they actaully got them? Just to be safe I will send them out again.
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 6:01:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

chris914
DarkViper
roscoe-p
GUN N 4FUN
Vinh

hing

I recieved it this time and responded please let me know if you got it. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

chris914
DarkViper
roscoe-p
GUN N 4FUN
Vinh

I wonder if something went wrong with the IM's. I sent all five on the 21st. Not one of the other four guys has replied, I wonder if they actaully got them? Just to be safe I will send them out again.

I recieved it this time and responded please let me know if you got it. Thanks

You have been confirmed for a seat in the April Class.
Link Posted: 1/23/2005 3:38:24 PM EDT
[#43]
. Disregard, my mistake.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 4:43:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Sign me up.  I can do  the April class.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#45]
VA,

Any update on the potential for a second class in April?

Bomber
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
VA,

Any update on the potential for a second class in April?

Bomber

I should hear something this week.
Link Posted: 1/26/2005 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Fingers crossed for that second April class.
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#48]
IM's sent to the next three guys on my list.

dport
7 - November.
operator9

No word from Blackwater yet on the second April class.
Link Posted: 1/29/2005 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#49]
so close,  the anticipation is killing me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2005 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
so close,  the anticipation is killing me.

I know, I know....Fingers are crossed

Sean
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top