Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Suppressor bill just passed committee 8-5 in our favor and has been reported to the House.
View Quote

fuck yea
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We were told that about the CCL law, and the SBR law...

What will end up happening is a crappy law such that the ATF decides to really restrict what suppressors if any can be approved in Illinois much as they have with SBRs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it is handguns only on the range for now.

That stinks. Still way better than nothing though.
Better then nothing and can be amended later for general use.  

What will end up happening is a crappy law such that the ATF decides to really restrict what suppressors if any can be approved in Illinois much as they have with SBRs.

We live in IL. You have to be practical about it. We're very fortunate we have a shall issue CCW law. Holding out for the perfect CCW law would have been stupid.  Other states had crappy CCW laws at first and they were gradually improved.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We live in IL. You have to be practical about it. We're very fortunate we have a shall issue CCW law. Holding out for the perfect CCW law would have been stupid.  Other states had crappy CCW laws at first and they were gradually improved.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it is handguns only on the range for now.

That stinks. Still way better than nothing though.
Better then nothing and can be amended later for general use.  

Ill take them for pistols first..........

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#4]
SB 206 HFA 2 is being debated right now in the House.  Rep. Davis is asking a bunch of stupid anti-gun questions of Rep. Phelps.

Live audio/video here:  http://www.ilga.gov/house/audvid.asp#
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
SB206 just passed.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
SB206 just passed.
View Quote

69 yes, 46 no.  Back to the Senate for concurrence.  Woot!
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SB206 just passed.

I'll wait until we see how ATF will interpret the language before I get too excited.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#8]
ASA posted it on Facebook and it's not the clearest, but you can see who voted which way:

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I am already researching cans.... so for those of us not familiar with the process, what are the next steps for the bill to become law?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am already researching cans.... so for those of us not familiar with the process, what are the next steps for the bill to become law?
View Quote

The shortest path: The bill goes back to the Senate because it was a originally a Senate bill that was amended by the house.  The Senate must concur, which will make the bill passed by both houses.  Gov. Rauner must then sign the bill into law.

I'm sure there could be complicating factors.  I don't know what would happen if the Senate passed its own amendment, for instance. If this is even possible, I don't know.  Maybe the Senate has to just do an up-or-down vote on the concurrence and that's it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The shortest path: The bill goes back to the Senate because it was a originally a Senate bill that was amended by the house.  The Senate must concur, which will make the bill passed by both houses.  Gov. Rauner must then sign the bill into law.

I'm sure there could be complicating factors.  I don't know what would happen if the Senate passed its own amendment, for instance. If this is even possible, I don't know.  Maybe the Senate has to just do an up-or-down vote on the concurrence and that's it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks! are we looking at another year before its all said and done?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Who had to suck Madigan's dick to get him to vote yes?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Any idea when it would take effect once passed?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe it's immediate once signed into law.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I believe it's immediate once signed into law.
View Quote

Whoa, that would be great.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#16]
According to the amendment:  "Effective immediately."
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Sweet! Thanks guys.

Just when I was beginning to lose hope on suppressors in IL it looks like we may finally get them.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
usual suspects.

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Per Todd Vandermyde via Illinois Carry:

guys we are still at the capitol, the senate Presidnet and Kwame are holding the bill hostage

we are working all the angles we can. more when I can start calling the senate presidents office and ask for a floor vote on concurance
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe next session.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

guys we are still at the capitol, the senate Presidnet and Kwame are holding the bill hostage

we are working all the angles we can. more when I can start calling the senate presidents office and ask for a floor vote on concurance

Take the time you need. I'll be broke ass once passed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:29:29 AM EDT
[#22]
30 minutes to go and it looks like Cullerton and Raoul win.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Cullerton just announced the Senate has concluded its business, but it will not adjourn until the House is done, as well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 1:53:04 AM EDT
[#24]
well maybe in 6 months we'll all be back here at  right at the beginning.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

well maybe in 6 months we'll all be back here at  right at the beginning.  
View Quote
I think they have to reconvene for another session this summer. Hopefully we can get it passed then.

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm over here wondering what Cullerton wants in trade to call it for a vote. I'm guessing HB1016 or something very similar.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm over here wondering what Cullerton wants in trade to call it for a vote. I'm guessing HB1016 or something very similar.
View Quote

Was this a bill hostage plan from the beginning?  Why else would they have gotten a basically unanimous vote the first time through the Senate.  Was the amendment really that different?

edit: deleted link to votes cast before supressor language was added.  Ed explains below

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Was this a bill hostage plan from the beginning?  Why else would they have gotten a basically unanimous vote the first time through the Senate.  Was the amendment really that different?

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/votehistory/99/senate/09900SB0206_04232015_008000T.pdf

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/votehistory/99/senate/09900SB0206_04232015_008000T.pdf

I hate this state!
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 1:41:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it was completely different.

The original SB 206 was a minor technical change related to statutes of limitations.  The Senate then amended it, replacing the original text with changes to the Illinois Controlled Substances Act.  That is the version that originally passed the Senate unanimously in April 2015.  The House, after receiving the bill from the Senate, amended it by gutting it and replacing it completely with the suppressor legislation.  House Amendment 2 is what the House passed.  This version of the bill then had to go back to the Senate to get them to concur with the House.  That's where it stalled out.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 2:03:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The original SB 206 was a minor technical change related to statutes of limitations.  The Senate then amended it, replacing the original text with changes to the Illinois Controlled Substances Act.  That is the version that originally passed the Senate unanimously in April 2015.  The House, after receiving the bill from the Senate, amended it by gutting it and replacing it completely with the suppressor legislation.  House Amendment 2 is what the House passed.  This version of the bill then had to go back to the Senate to get them to concur with the House.  That's where it stalled out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  I was away,  had little access and had not caught up on everything.  I thought the bill that originally pased senate was voted in 2016 and  already had amendment with suppressor language.  Looking closer at bill status tonight, I see that was actually a 2015 vote as you said.  It makes more sense now

Hopefully we can get them to let it come up for a vote during the summer sessions.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#32]
What the libtards are saying

Dear Friend,

I wanted to reach out and give you an update on what happened in Springfield this past week.  As you know, we had hoped to see a vote in the House of Representatives on HB 1016 – our Gun Dealer Licensing legislation.   However, due to a dirty procedural maneuver by the other side, the House was unable to hold a fair vote on the bill this session.  Although this is a setback, we now have a clear roadmap to pass this life saving measure moving forward.

Stand with us to show your continued support for Gun Dealer Licensing by clicking here to take action.

Despite 87% of Illinois voters supporting Gun Dealer Licensing the House of Representatives instead chose to cower before the corporate gun lobby and passed legislation last night what would allow for silencers on all guns in Illinois.   We are currently doubling our efforts in the Illinois Senate to stop this dangerous and irresponsible legislation.  Click here to see how your legislator voted.

On a positive note, the General Assembly unanimously passed legislation that would increase penalties for individuals trafficking firearms onto our streets and killing innocent people.  We applaud them on this effort and encourage the Governor to be responsible and sign this important piece of the legislation into law.

We obviously have a lot of work ahead of us, but I wanted to bring you up to speed on what has been happening in Springfield.
Together we will continue to go forward fighting for stronger gun violence prevention measures in Illinois.  Thank you for your continued support.

In Peace,

Colleen Daley

Executive Director

P.S. – Tomorrow is National Gun Violence Awareness Day don’t forget to #WearOrange to show your support.
View Quote

"Silencers". Pew pew pew. Just like in the James Bond movies,

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#33]
I don`t believe 87%  of people in Illinois support gun dealer licensing, 87% of people in Illinois don`t even know this is going on.  As far as silencers this is about education, people hear crap like that and they think you can just go out to Walmart and pick up a silencer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I don`t believe 87%  of people in Illinois support gun dealer licensing, 87% of people in Illinois don`t even know this is going on.  As far as silencers this is about education, people hear crap like that and they think you can just go out to Walmart and pick up a silencer.
View Quote
They are totally ignoring the witness slips... We put out 100 slips for every 1 of theirs and they still claim to have the public support. Lying assholes.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They are totally ignoring the witness slips... We put out 100 slips for every 1 of theirs and they still claim to have the public support. Lying assholes.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No that's the gun lobby.....don't tell me you didn't get ur check?
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:51:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Must have been lost in the mail again.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Has everyone in this thread hit the link the Nra sent out last week and called Cullertons office?
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 3:51:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Has everyone in this thread hit the link the Nra sent out last week and called Cullertons office?
View Quote

This one?

https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=253

I say keep bumping this thread with the link.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This one?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one?

That link will get you there. Here is another direct one as well

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160601/illinois-general-assembly-adjourns-from-its-2016-legislative-session-but-the-fight-is-not-over
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 4:06:55 AM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This one?

That link will get you there. Here is another direct one as well

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160601/illinois-general-assembly-adjourns-from-its-2016-legislative-session-but-the-fight-is-not-over

Awesome
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#41]
sent an email urging passage  of this and got a response (maybe automated )

Thank you for your e-mail.  SB206 is in the senate for a concurrence vote.  The senate sponsor of the bill, Senator Raoul, is the only one that can call the bill for a vote.  I will encourage him to call the bill an if he does I will be in support and vote yes.

Thank you for contacting me.

Sen. Tim Bivins

Illinois State Senate, 45th District
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#42]

Thank you for your e-mail. SB206 is in the senate for a concurrence vote. The senate sponsor of the bill, Senator Raoul, is the only one that can call the bill for a vote. I will encourage him to call the bill an if he does I will be in support and vote yes.

Sen. Tim Bivins
View Quote

This is an accurate assessment of the current situation.
Raoul is very anti-gun.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:49:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Raoul is very anti-gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank you for your e-mail. SB206 is in the senate for a concurrence vote. The senate sponsor of the bill, Senator Raoul, is the only one that can call the bill for a vote. I will encourage him to call the bill an if he does I will be in support and vote yes.

Sen. Tim Bivins

Raoul is very anti-gun.

So, how dead is this bill?
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sen. Tim Bivins

Raoul is very anti-gun.

It got taken out back,  shot in the head by a suppressed .22 and is now part of Comiskey Park.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It got taken out back,  shot in the head by a suppressed .22 and is now part of Comiskey Park.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sen. Tim Bivins

Raoul is very anti-gun.

Yeah, it was a throwaway bill so that the southern IL dems could get a vote and say "we tried". They do the same with anti-gun bills.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#46]
There are a lot of things in play but one of the most significant indicators is the Senate sponsor....
anything could happen but, now a super majority will be required for passage...should the bill get to the floor.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Bump.

Update?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Very stalled in the Senate.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:55:23 AM EDT
[#49]
They meet today (6/29) but am very doubtful it gets brought up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:39:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They meet today (6/29) but am very doubtful it gets brought up.
View Quote

i doubt it will even be thought of being brought up today. the senate is wasting so much time on idiotic bullshit resolutions. been listening to them talk about 1 res for atleast 30 mins. completely pointless and yet they still get paid today
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top