Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2015 9:14:05 PM EDT
Hello,

I am a Mclean county resident wanting to build a SBR.  Has anyone been successful?  If yes, would you please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you read the tacked thread at the top of the HTF?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_23/509091_How_to_obtain_a_SBR_in_the_land_of_corruption____.html

Or were you specifically asking about McLean County?  Sorry, I can't help with that.

EDIT:  Sorry if I seemed confused, righteous or pompous about the OP's post.  I was trying to be helpful in pointing out to someone who joined in April and had a total of 9 posts that there was a tacked thread.  When I first joined as a '13er, I had been lurking awhile but didn't necessarily pay attention to every tacked thread in every forum I visited.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:03:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you read the tacked thread at the top of the HTF?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_23/509091_How_to_obtain_a_SBR_in_the_land_of_corruption____.html

Or were you specifically asking about McLean County?  Sorry, I can't help with that.
View Quote

Yeah reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
Op wants to know if anyone in mc lean county has had success in a sbr
Damn 13  er's
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I think he wants help building one
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
my brother was going to but never got around to it, decided the pistol was easier.  

questions
1. Have you read and do you meet the requirements to be able to possess one?
2. Do you live in B/N or do you live in the Burbs so to speak?  if in the burbs do they have their own pd?  a small town pd might be easier for the cleo sign off.

I have considered it, but don't have a C&r.  I didn't know who to talk to first.  Normal PD, County Sherriff or I think the States attorney works too.  

sorry I'm not more help
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 2:12:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm aware of 3 people in Mclean Co that have legally gotten SBR's.  All had C&R licenses first, then filled out the rest of their paperwork, had the County Sheriff sign off on it, and then sent everything in to the Feds for approval.  IIRC, took about 8-12 months start to finish back then.  As others have already noted, follow the tacked thread provided.  I've not personally done it, but have been toying with the idea of it in the future.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#6]
good to know the sheriff will sign off
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:54:54 PM EDT
[#7]
My younger brother built one. C&R holder.
If you want to get in touch with him, pm me and I'll get you in touch with him.  I don't know if he had the first one, but he had one of the first ones.

ETA:
County sheriff signed off on his.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I would suggest talking to Ron Darnall about it.  He and his wife taught my hunter's safety class umpteen years ago.  (She even made me lunch so I didn't have to run into town!  Who does that now a days!?)

You've probably already been there a million times, but he does have at least one DD, a French Anti-tank gun I believe.  You don't get the usually gun store BS there, in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Mailed my form 1 off about 2 weeks ago after having the McLean County Sheriff sign off on it.  Easy process, just have to be patient.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top