Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2016 3:35:16 PM EDT
Dear Mr. Xxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me. I appreciate hearing from you.

I took note of your opposition to proposed gun safety laws.  The Supreme Court made it clear in District of Columbia v. Heller that every law-abiding citizen has an individual constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Over the years, it has been my firm conviction that we must work to protect this right by enforcing laws that keep guns away from terrorists and criminals, without compromising the rights of responsible gun owners.

Please be assured that I will continue to use my leadership position in the Senate to help protect our school children, neighbors, and families from tragic gun violence. At the same time, I will continue to protect the interests of law-abiding gun owners throughout Nevada.  Like many Nevadans, I do not believe these two concepts are mutually exclusive, and I will keep working to that end.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,
HARRY REID
United States Senator
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
What a POS. How does this guy stay in office?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
i had to see him, dina titus and catherine cortez masto in person this week. Good thing non of them brought up gun control or i may have gotten myself fired for arguing with them.

it's funny so many of these politicians just have standard letters they send out on any particular issue. Some of them you will write to expressing support for the 2a and they send you back a form letter about how they want to reinstate the assault weapon ban.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#4]
it's funny so many of these politicians just have standard letters they send out on any particular issue. Some of them you will write to expressing support for the 2a and they send you back a form letter about how they want to reinstate the assault weapon ban.
View Quote

Ran into that on an issue about horses.  The reply letter stated exactly opposite the views I had shared, as though I didn't know my own mind.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dear Mr. Xxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me. I appreciate hearing from you.

I took note of your opposition to proposed gun safety laws.  The Supreme Court made it clear in District of Columbia v. Heller that every law-abiding citizen has an individual constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Over the years, it has been my firm conviction that we must work to protect this right by enforcing laws that keep guns away from terrorists and criminals, without compromising the rights of responsible gun owners.

Please be assured that I will continue to use my leadership position in the Senate to help protect our school children, neighbors, and families from tragic gun violence. At the same time, I will continue to protect the interests of law-abiding gun owners throughout Nevada.  Like many Nevadans, I do not believe these two concepts are mutually exclusive, and I will keep working to that end.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

I got the same e-mail yesterday. Mind you my e-mail to him was sent 4 months ago.

What a joke canned form letter

Sincerely,
HARRY REID
United States Senator
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top