Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2014 3:28:33 PM EDT
Just got back from the R state convention in LV today.

Overall it was the usual semi-organized chaos that happens when you get a lot of people with strong opinions together.
Some items might seem to be a reaction to current events but I can assure you that is not the case as the platform has been developed over several months.
These type of conflicts arise too often, today it's a ranchers cattle, not that long ago it was bull-trout in Jarbidge, among others.

One thing that sets the R convention apart from the D's, GUNS, lots of guns being raffled off and ON DISPLAY inside the convention hall.
Two hand guns and a Colt® CAR-15.
None of our politicians seemed the least concerned.

I was a member of the platform committee.
Due to a rule change platform items are no longer defined as being state or federal issues, they usually overlap anyway.

The party platform is intended to serve as the defining document of what a party stands for and a guide to what position elected officials of the party are expected to take on issues.

A few "Platform planks" that might be of some interest here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We expect our elected representatives and the courts to interpret the Constitution using original intent and context".

"We strongly affirm the Second Amendment guarantees the individual right to keep and bear arms without infringement (i.e., Blue Card registration).
(Yes, the blue card example IS specifically mentioned in the plank text exactly as reproduced here!)

"We support reciprocity laws with all states to carry concealed weapons across state lines".

"The federal government shall relinquish to the state of Nevada her federally controlled public lands".

"We support removing limitations by the federal government in the development  of natural resources". (States Rights, 10th Amendment issue).

"We strongly support the livestock industry in Nevada and support established grazing and water rights on public lands.
State and local government shall protect private property rights in accordance with the pre-existing key federal statutes that confirmed or granted property rights to western ranchers including split-estates. (i.e. grazing, water, and easements)".

"We strongly support removal of the sage hen (Grouse) from consideration for inclusion on the endangered species list".

"We support our national sovereignty and reject the concept of global governance.
No treaty shall override the United States Constitution, nor shall the international or foreign law be relied on or cited when United States Court or any other cases are decided".

"We support ending our current financial contribution to the United Nations and ultimately withdrawing from the United Nations".

One more was added that I do not have the exact language for, it demands that the U.S. retain control over the internet.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the report, you're always giving us good information.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

Kind of curious about the last one about the internet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Our idiot Gov. wants to let other countries "share" control of the 'net.
Yah, I want to deal with China, No. Korea, Russia, Iran, and all the other bastions of freedom deciding what I can see or post.
Not to mention how much more effective their industrial espionage and cyber attacks on our critical infrastructure would be if they had the blueprints and top tier access.
This is one of those things that should get those pushing it hung for treason.
Worse than the fluster-cuck done on the Panama Canal.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yah, I want to deal with China, No. Korea, Russia, Iran, and all the other bastions of freedom deciding what I can see or post.
Not to mention how much more effective their industrial espionage and cyber attacks on our critical infrastructure would be if they had the blueprints and top tier access.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of my favorite bumper political bumper stickers as a kid       We'll keep the canal, You can keep Carter
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the AAR, Richard.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I'll have to start paying attention more.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top