Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2016 12:49:00 PM EDT
Hello all. Looking for your thoughts on my situation. I love shooting and up until recently my father has been a member at a local shooting club. Recently he has moved, thus cancelling his membership. This leaves me up to the decision as to whether I should start my own membership there, or search other places to shoot. Ideally I'd like to get 20 acres, or use a friends land, but I don't know anyone with that much land to setup a range. I don't mind shooting at the range where you have to be a member, but the rifle range is only 100M, and they aren't the most open people with setting up steel targets. Also, the membership is $100 to get in, $75 a year, 15 hours a year, and  a NRA membership is required. Basically I'm curious what you guys would do, or does anybody have a spot near Oconomowoc that I could setup steel targets? I'm willing to clean up after myself, or leave targets up for your use!

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
How far Southeast?  Racine?  

Do you know about McMillers (Eagle / Palmyra WI)
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in Oconomowoc, just became a member of Oconomowoc Sportsman's club. They do new members in the spring AFAIK. $200 initiation, $100 yearly dues, 10 hours work. IIRC They have 8 pistol caliber bays, rifle range for 30, 100, 200, 300yd. Targets available on premises for use. It was close and a coworker got me in. It's just south of Ixonia. Worth looking into for the future IMO.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How far Southeast?  Racine?  

Do you know about McMillers (Eagle / Palmyra WI)
View Quote

I've heard mcmillers has a limit on how fast you can shoot. Looking for a place I can go and not have to worry about dealing with dumb people.
Top Top