Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Walmart where I live today had .22 in stock for about 2 hours. about an hour in the first guy seen it and called several friends.  They showed up about 15- 30 minutes later (one every few minutes). The few that were left were gone in another 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#2]
What does a 555 pack at Wally world go for?

V
OUT
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What does a 555 pack at Wally world go for?

V
OUT
View Quote

Last time I found 555 packs (Federal) at Wallyworld, they were about $18 (2012?). As I haven't seen any there since the "Sandy Hook panic",  I'd also like to know what they cost now. The only 555 pks I've seen in two years, were at gun shows... $75 or thereabouts.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Just did a Wallyworld inventory search, for "up north" stores in my area.

http://arfcomammo.azurewebsites.net/WM_ByStore.aspx

FWIW... as of 5pm, Easter Sunday... Rhinelander, Wausau (Rib Mountain), and Minocqua have nothing.

Merrill has Rem 225 ct for $11.17, Rem Target 100ct for $8.17. ("limited stock" on both).

Antigo has Federal Lightning 50ct for $2.47 "in stock". Rem Target 100 ct for $8.17 & CCI Stinger 50ct for $6.47, both "limited stock".
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the federal 525 I bought this past winter was $23.97.
I think I've seen the label for 555's for 27.97? Not really sure, as I haven't looked at labels in a while.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
The 550 round federal bulk pack were 23.97.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:31:34 AM EDT
[#7]
It's quite possible that the current "shortage' of certain types and calibers of ammunition can be attributed to a resurgence of the "survivalist phenomenon" that occurred in the 1970's and 80's. I remember that some of the survivalist "gurus" such as Mel Tappan, Ragnar Benson and Howard Ruff all advised the stockpiling of gold and silver bullion, freeze dried food stuffs as well as ammunition, the ammunition to be used as intended but also as an item of "barter". Maybe that's the reason that .22 ammunition flies off the shelves, never to be seen again.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure it's a small part (barter), but not a driving force. I think the most recent survivalist surge (zombie craze based) hit its peak a year or so ago, but the shortages didn't hit until newtown.

I'm not sure I'd barter with my potential enemies by giving them ammo though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can't believe I found this...

<a href="http://s156.photobucket.com/user/AJ_Dual/media/ace_zps52b01ccf.png.html" target="_blank">http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/AJ_Dual/ace_zps52b01ccf.png</a>
View Quote

Neckbeards' wet dream.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#12]
That's just cruel...

I have to say, I used the Walmart App the SWIRE posted  and last night a Walmart popped up near me with 550 Fed value packs. I ran over and the kid working said they did have them , but they were locked up and not going on the shelves until this morning at 8am.

So for the hell of it, I went over just before work and got there at 7:30. My expectation was that there was going to be a line of Neck beards.. I would be at the end of that line, and they would be sold out before I got to the front.

To my surprise, there was one guy at the counter buying 1 box. and I looked behind the counter in the glass case and could see about 9 more cases. So I bought the 3 case limit and left.$23.97 per case.

That is the first time in over a Year and a half, I was able to purchase .22's at Walmart. and without that App, it would not have happened.

I checked that app at noon and  they were gone.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's just cruel...

I have to say, I used the Walmart App the SWIRE posted  and last night a Walmart popped up near me with 550 Fed value packs. I ran over and the kid working said they did have them , but they were locked up and not going on the shelves until this morning at 8am.

So for the hell of it, I went over just before work and got there at 7:30. My expectation was that there was going to be a line of Neck beards.. I would be at the end of that line, and they would be sold out before I got to the front.

To my surprise, there was one guy at the counter buying 1 box. and I looked behind the counter in the glass case and could see about 9 more cases. So I bought the 3 case limit and left.$23.97 per case.

That is the first time in over a Year and a half, I was able to purchase .22's at Walmart. and without that App, it would not have happened.

View Quote

That wasn't the Minocqua store, was it? Because I checked both Rhinelander and Minocqua this morning, using that same App, same situation (but I didn't get any). I had to go to Rhinelander today for a job. Sure enough, Rhinelander had zilch in the app (and the store, i checked anyway, app was right), and Minocqua had the same Federal 550s for $23.97 that you found. When I got home from Rhinelander at about 2pm, I checked again.... gone at Minocqua.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#14]
The west milwaukee walmart had some in today but I was stuck at work and couldn't pick any up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:26:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That wasn't the Minocqua store, was it? Because I checked both Rhinelander and Minocqua this morning, using that same App, same situation (but I didn't get any). I had to go to Rhinelander today for a job. Sure enough, Rhinelander had zilch in the app (and the store, i checked anyway, app was right), and Minocqua had the same Federal 550s for $23.97 that you found. When I got home from Rhinelander at about 2pm, I checked again.... gone at Minocqua.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's just cruel...

It was here in the Fox Valley.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top