Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2015 12:46:12 PM EDT
http://m.gazette.com/man-dies-after-being-hit-by-bullet-at-pike-national-forest-campsite/article/1554995

A 60-year-old man died Friday in Rainbow Falls Park between Woodland Park and Deckers after deputies believe he was hit by a stray bullet, the Douglas County Sheriff's Office said.
View Quote

Just what was needed to further restrict shooting on NFS land.

Know your target and what is beyond.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Sad story
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
So sorry shawnson.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Wow. I know we haven't met at a shoot/camping trip yet, but that made it feel more personal as you are an active member of the HTF. I'm sorry for your loss, and can't imagine what you are going through.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Wow. I know we haven't met at a shoot/camping trip yet, but that made it feel more personal as you are an active member of the HTF. I'm sorry for your loss, and can't imagine what you are going through.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

We will meet up some time I am sure. Thank you for your thoughts.

I know it sounds silly but I was kinda pissed that it is believed to be a .223 round. So very likely from an AR.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So sorry shawnson.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Thanks mark
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#8]
My condolences.
Makes no damned sense.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:57:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Sincerest condolences to your family.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow.  My condolences, pard.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn.  Stupid.  People.  Stupiding.  

So...its legal to defend the lives of others with lethal force.   I wonder if its legal to shoot people firing their guns into the air in a celebratory fashion?  

Anyone a lawyer?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry man.

It's probably the kind of person who got places like Left Hand Canyon closed.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]

I'm sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you and your family.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Shit Shawn, I'm so sorry to hear that. Give me a call if you guys need anything at all.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 12:06:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Your family has our condolences.  What a tragedy to have happen on such a holiday.  I know my wife and I stopped at the one campground off hwy 67, south of the designated shooting area, and we could hear gunfire that was too close to be at the shooting area.  Someone has been doing this for a while, and now there is a death.  It devastated a family, and left a black eye on all gun owners.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry, man.  I feel terrible for you and the family.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#17]
The only thing I can say is sorry, especially with such a awful careless tragic death that was 100% preventable.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#18]
such a reckless act.  I really hope they find the jackass.   Best thoughts to the family and friends of the victim.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:16:03 AM EDT
[#19]

There are no adequate words Shawnson  -- IM if you need anything.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Any update if the Sheriffs office has any leads or anyone has come forward yet?

Sorry dude!
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 12:33:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Any update if the Sheriffs office has any leads or anyone has come forward yet?

Sorry dude!
View Quote

No. There has not been any new information given. If I hear anything I will be sure to let y'all know.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#22]
*Update*

No new information has been given by the police department at this time.

A Go Fund Me account has been created for my Uncle by his church to help the family with the funeral expenses and other miscellaneous cost associated with his passing.

Any donation is extremely appreciated. Thank you again for everyone's well wishes, prayers and condolences.

http://www.gofundme.com/donationsforglenn

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Can't give much at the moment, but did what I could. How is your family doing?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

First off, Thank you very much. Most of the family is doing as well as I would expect.

My cousin who was there is really having a hard time. During the day she is staying busy with all the things to get done.

But at night she has not been sleeping and when she does sleep she is having night terrors. I think this is going to take her some time to cope with.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

First off, Thank you very much. Most of the family is doing as well as I would expect.

My cousin who was there is really having a hard time. During the day she is staying busy with all the things to get done.

But at night she has not been sleeping and when she does sleep she is having night terrors. I think this is going to take her some time to cope with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My prayers with you and your family. I pray for peace for all of you.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:31:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I know I don't know you personally but please PM me if you need anything. Im so sorry. I just cant imagine. Again, if you need anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top