Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/6/2015 9:33:16 AM EDT
Friday July 3rd while out camping with his oldest daughter, His 3 Grand kids and his Son in law my Uncle was killed while sitting around the camp fire after dinner.

He was killed by some careless assholes falling bullet. It entered the top of his left shoulder and traveled through his heart killing him within a minute.

My cousin preformed CPR on her own Father for over 30 minutes while driving out from the camp site to where they meet the ambulance.

The entire family has been struck by this. My uncle was the gentlest, caring, loving Men I ever knew. His faith was absolute and I know he is in a better place,

But we are left to pick up the pieces and try to make sense of this whole mess.

http://kdvr.com/2015/07/05/man-shot-and-killed-while-camping-at-rainbow-falls/

Police have been working their tails off to find the guy responsible but have not confirmed anything yet. They did confiscate many rifles from campers in the area.

*Update*

No new information has been given by the police department at this time.

A Go Fund Me account has been created for my Uncle by his church to help the family with the funeral expenses and other miscellaneous cost associated with his passing.

Any donation is extremely appreciated. Thank you again for everyone's well wishes, prayers and condolences.

http://www.gofundme.com/donationsforglenn

Very sorry for your lose. <<Striker>>

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear about your uncle.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:38:00 AM EDT
[#3]
sad
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Friday July 3rd while out camping with his oldest daughter, His 3 Grand kids and his Son in law my Uncle was killed while sitting around the camp fire after dinner.

He was killed by some careless assholes falling bullet. It entered the top of his left shoulder and traveled through his heart killing him within a minute.

My cousin preformed CPR on her own Father for over 30 minutes while driving out from the camp site to where they meet the ambulance.

The entire family has been struck by this. My uncle was the gentlest, caring, loving Men I ever knew. His faith was absolute and I know he is in a better place,

Police have been working their tails off to find the guy responsible but have not confirmed anything yet. They did confiscate many rifles from campers in the area.

View Quote

You are 100% correct and I hope they find the jackass who did it...

Me and my families deepest condolences.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#5]
that's a horrible story, OP.  I'm very sorry for your family's loss.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#6]
My condolences on the loss of your uncle.

How did the cops manage to "confiscate many rifles from campers in the area?" That doesn't exactly sound legal.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#7]
My condolences

This world is getting dumber (and more dangerous) by the minute. Be careful out there folks.

I hope your family finds peace.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Very sorry to hear that OP.

Last year or the year before a 4 year old boy was killed in Brandermill by the same thing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How did the cops manage to "confiscate many rifles from campers in the area?" That doesn't exactly sound legal.
View Quote

Crime scene?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Crime scene?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crime scene?

Or it's possible that the campers gave them up for ballistics testing to clear themselves.

I am very sorry for your family's loss, OP.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Jesus, sorry to hear that man. We always say stuff like that is one in a million and really it is even more rare than that, but what does that matter when it happens the end result is just horrific.

well wishes to you and your family.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Sorry to hear that is horrible

Don't fire carelessly into the air. PERIOD.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry to hear about that. I never understood the whole shooting into the air thing.

My condolences to your family.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#15]
My condolences to you and your family.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#16]
So sorry OP.

Good PSA.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#17]
My deepest condolences to you and your family.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Heard on the radio this morning about a teenage girl in Atlanta getting shot in the head while watching TV in her living room Saturday night.  They believe it was celebratory gunfire.  

Goddamn, some people are so stupid.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow that's terrible. Sorry about your uncle op and I hope they find the guy.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm sorry for your loss.  I hope your family comes through this OK and the cops find the idiot that killed him.

This isn't the frickin middle east.  We don't shoot guns in the air here.  We should be smarter than that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm so very sorry OP.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Sorry to hear about that. Prayers to your family.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#24]
My condolences OP.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Prayers for you and your family
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Sorry for your loss OP.  Hope they find a match.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Damn, that's awful.  Sorry to hear about your Uncle.  

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Every year this happens somewhere.

How can people continue to be so stupid?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Homicide investigation in an area that shooting is illegal. I imagine people could have made a stink about it but the sheriff said people where being cooperative.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Saw that on the news.  Sorry to hear it was your Uncle.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm very sorry for your loss.  Needless and tragic.  

This sixteen year old girl was killed in Atlanta by the same kind of insane behavior.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Four simple rules.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Thoughts and prayers with you and your family in this hard time.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Homicide investigation in an area that shooting is illegal. I imagine people could have made a stink about it but the sheriff said people where being cooperative.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea how wide an area they're looking at? Was it confined to a campground or do they think it might have been farther? Did any of the family recall hearing a shot?
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:15:44 AM EDT
[#35]
That is awful. So sorry for you and your family.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#36]
I am very sorry to hear this and for the loss of your relative.
This shit is so inexcusable.

Every few years we have a fatality like this in Houston from people randomly firing in the air and usually on New Years eve.
In fact a few years ago I came home from a camping trip at that time of the year to find a bullet imbedded in the carpet at the foot of my bed along with sheetrock dust on the floor from some crazy mofo doing this very thing.
Right through the roof and straight through the ceiling.
Again,very sorry.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Heard on the radio this morning about a teenage girl in Atlanta getting shot in the head while watching TV in her living room Saturday night.  They believe it was celebratory gunfire.  

Goddamn, some people are so stupid.  
View Quote

Struck behind her ear.A neighbor is being sought.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:17:32 AM EDT
[#38]
My aunts fiancee (dead 2 years now) used to shoot M856 tracers off into the air. I remember asking him if he knew where they were landing, and his answer was "eh, over there somewhere". As cool as it was to watch them fly off forever, I could never get over the unease of not knowing where they were landing.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry for your loss.

And in for the GD derp....
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Was that up in Rainbow Falls.....condolences brother.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Any idea how wide an area they're looking at? Was it confined to a campground or do they think it might have been farther? Did any of the family recall hearing a shot?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did hear shooting but had not heard a shot for about 10-15 min before he was hit. Search area is in about a 90 to 120 degree arch from point blank out to almost 5 miles.

They have not given us all of the details due to it being a ongoing investigation. This is just what we have pieced together from the bits we have been told.

Search area could be larger or smaller I don not know for sure.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#43]
So sad op prayers sent
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#44]
best wishes op, and family.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Oh man, I'm sorry, OP.  
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Sorry to hear about your uncle. That's really shitty.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They did hear shooting but had not heard a shot for about 10-15 min before he was hit. Search area is in about a 90 to 120 degree arch from point blank out to almost 5 miles.

They have not given us all of the details due to it being a ongoing investigation. This is just what we have pieced together from the bits we have been told.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope they find the responsible party in a timely fashion and again, sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#48]
A cop shoots a 4 year old girl through the leg while trying to shoot the family's dog and some posters call this an "accident" that shouldn't result in any criminal penalty.

I doubt that those folks will believe that this "accident" should be treated the same way.

OP sorry for your loss, it's terrible to lose someone like that especially in front of children.  I hope they catch the fool that did this.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#49]
awful, my condolences to your family.  We should never need reminders like this.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 10:43:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fucking shitheads...

I love in a densely populated city and some of these fucking idiots were shooting guns in the air.

The Mexican guy a half block away, a couple years back, mag dumped his AK into the air. I went over there and politely asked him not to do that because the bullets come back down and not only fuck up people's roofs, but could very well kill someone.

His reply was, and I quote, "No, don't worry. They go into space..."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top