Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2014 3:08:36 PM EDT
Anyone know the most common snakes in the foothills area near Bear Creek and Morrison just west of Denver?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen two rattlesnakes on North Table Mountain. So they're pretty common?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Rattler, bull and Gardner
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:29:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm nowhere near Denver but yesterday I saw a 6' bull snake right outside my house.  It explains why I haven't seen those ground squirrels in a while.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Rattlesnakes, bull snakes, garter snakes, and depending on where you are, milk snakes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:27:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Met that little fucker on the Chimney Gulch trail my second or third day here. My foot was about a foot away from that before I heard the rattle

Taught me a lesson about hiking with headphones for damn sure.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#6]
The only rattlers I have seen in 28 years in CO have been downrange at Ft Carson and the area the OP mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only rattlers I have seen in 28 years in CO have been downrange at Ft Carson and the area the OP mentioned.
View Quote

The only one I have seen was a dead one in the middle of the street about a minute from my house. Still no sightings in the foothills of ft collins. Or RMNP.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:57:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The only one I have seen was a dead one in the middle of the street about a minute from my house. Still no sightings in the foothills of ft collins. Or RMNP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen a ton.  A bunch in Golden, a couple in Roxborough State Park, a couple near the flatirons, and quite a few out at Pawnee.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:36:05 AM EDT
[#9]
A rattler just behind a bench at Riverbend ponds in Fort Collins.  My little kid was about 3 feet from one very pissed off snake.  

Scared the living fuck out of me, and I left a bruise on kids arm pulling him back.

I've heard they were bad at Horsetooth this summer.

Top Top