BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2016 11:35:57 AM EDT
How's that shit show going day one?

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#1]
#sr99clusterfuck

this is how wsdot is trying out when the tolls go into effect.

just like how they charge 10.00 one way to get from Lynnwood to Bellevue.

crooks
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Haha.  

Really though, sorry for folks who have to live and work in that hell hole of a city.  Just try not to kill anybody.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It could be dead Jim.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
WSDOT: Viaduct will not reopen until it is safe

It could be dead Jim.

So, that means when the tunnel is done right?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]
The tunnel will be a failure and the viaduct will be condemned, both will happen simultaneously. City leaders will claim that this was unexpected, maybe declare a state of emergency, and request federal funding. Then Tutor-Perini will sue the state (just like they do every time a job goes wrong) and probably win.

Everyone said this would happen, and they should just tear down and rebuild the viaduct. Cheapest option, and best results for everyone who lives and works in/around the city - EXCEPT the waterfront developers.  Well, look who won out on that fight, and will ultimately end up fucking everyone - even themselves.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
#sr99clusterfuck

this is how wsdot is trying out when the tolls go into effect.

just like how they charge 10.00 one way to get from Lynnwood to Bellevue.

crooks
View Quote

The regional ripple effect of closing the viaduct is good for express lane "business", so I don't expect it to be finished - 1 way or another - anytime soon.

ETA: Vote NO on Sound Transit 3.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The tunnel will be a failure and the viaduct will be condemned, both will happen simultaneously. City leaders will claim that this was unexpected, maybe declare a state of emergency, and request federal funding. Then Tutor-Perini will sue the state (just like they do every time a job goes wrong) and probably win.

Everyone said this would happen, and they should just tear down and rebuild the viaduct. Cheapest option, and best results for everyone who lives and works in/around the city - EXCEPT the waterfront developers.  Well, look who won out on that fight, and will ultimately end up fucking everyone - even themselves.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#8]
The tunnel is a toss up. Maybe they get through, maybe they don't. The deeper they go the less man made bs.

The people who live in Seattle got a vote. Those idiots had a chance to stop this stupid shit.
SDOT is the worst enemy in this debacle. They could have repurposed an incoming and outbound street.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 4:17:52 AM EDT
[#9]
It wasn't too bad.  Took me about one hour from Harborview to West Seattle (at 15:00), but it was Friday.  I expect it to be much worse by next Thursday. I deliver packages and from my subjective POV, Thursday has the worst PM rush hour traffic.  I think it's all a ploy to get people to vote for ST3.  Yes, I'm paranoid and conspiratorial minded about the ST3.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It wasn't too bad.  Took me about one hour from Harborview to West Seattle (at 15:00), but it was Friday.  I expect it to be much worse by next Thursday. I deliver packages and from my subjective POV, Thursday has the worst PM rush hour traffic.  I think it's all a ploy to get people to vote for ST3.  Yes, I'm paranoid and conspiratorial minded about the ST3.
View Quote

Hell, no conspiracy there. They used to be open about the fact that they wanted to screw up traffic so bad that people would then ride mass transit be default.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hell, no conspiracy there. They used to be open about the fact that they wanted to screw up traffic so bad that people would then ride mass transit be default.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to be a bit off topic here, CavVet, but WashDot  wants fewer people on the freeway by 2020 than it was in mid 1990s.  Statewide tolling,  GPS in our cars (pay by milage) they're on the table.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top