Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2015 9:34:49 PM EDT
My question: is it legal to buy/own a SBR if it was manufactured that way and bought from a manufacture or dealer?  I've read all the 594 posts that are here and understand the we can't make a SBR in Washington.  I  just read some more of the latest 594 posts, the answer as far as I can determine is NO. But I'm no lawyer and can't make heads or tails out of the 594 language and I'm not alone in that!!!!!!!!!  

I bought a Semi Auto Thompson Tommy gun from Cabelas last month (16.5" barrel) and would like to get the short barreled Thompson M1 semi auto. Can't figure out if Form 4s are still being approved or not.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, factory SBRs are perfectly legal.

As long as it was built and registered by the manufacture, then it will go to your dealer on a Form 3 and delivered to you on a Form 4.

The other option that I've tossed around is sending out a gun to a SOT in another state. Have them register it on a form 2, then transfer it back in state on a form 3 and pick it up on a form 4.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

As long as it was built and registered by the manufacture, then it will go to your dealer on a Form 3 and delivered to you on a Form 4.

The other option that I've tossed around is sending out a gun to a SOT in another state. Have them register it on a form 2, then transfer it back in state on a form 3 and pick it up on a form 4.
View Quote

Considering that NO forms are being approved for Washingtonians right now, me thinks that plan isn't going to work.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Considering that NO forms are being approved for Washingtonians right now, me thinks that plan isn't going to work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You do know that it won't be like that forever.

If they decide that form 1 submissions are a no go, then my plan actually works just fine.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:50:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this also going on with the form 4's for factory SBR's bought at the LGS?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything seems to be fair game.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:]

You do know that it won't be like that forever.
View Quote

I see no evidence of that, so no, I don't "know". "Temporary" ATF idiocy has a way of becoming permanent.

I hope it's not perma... But I'm not counting on it by any means. At this point I'm presuming it will be. If that changes, good deal. Otherwise it's past due to move to a free state. Seattle sucks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:54:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Colt 6933. I got it last week. Four months to the day.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:26:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top