Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 7:22:49 PM EDT
Wouldn't 594 prevent buybacks, or at least increase the cost and paperwork to hopefully prohibitive levels? I mean if it passes, wouldn't each and every gun have to be transferred to the PD, then transferred to the company that is doing the destroying? Just wondering outloud.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Technically you are probably right, but no one will enforce it on them regardless.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
With no LE exemptions in the bill, it will basically end "no questions asked" buybacks.

Of course, departments can just ignore the law. Who can stop them? Grant co. Sheriff just the other day stated on live radio that they would continue stopping drivers in unmarked patrol cars, despite violating the RCW. "Gotta get the bad guys."
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With no LE exemptions in the bill, it will basically end "no questions asked" buybacks.

Of course, departments can just ignore the law. Who can stop them? Grant co. Sheriff just the other day stated on live radio that they would continue stopping drivers in unmarked patrol cars, despite violating the RCW. "Gotta get the bad guys."
View Quote

Reason #9003 I can't wait to move to TX.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:45:51 PM EDT
[#4]
TX has it's own gun-related issues, but on the topic at hand, my immediate gut response is "who the hell cares about the actual buy backs, I-594 would eliminated the great opportunities at buybacks for pro-2A people to buy cheap guns from people waiting in line!!"
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#5]
What I was thinking was that maybe this would be a foot in the door for getting it repealed if it does pass. The anti's seem to hold fast to a buyback being able to control crime if this law truly does that or could prevent it then it may be an opportunity.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The police could contract with an FFL to handle the transfers without a bkgd check.  FFL's are exempt in I-594 when receiving a gun.

Randy
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The police could contract with an FFL to handle the transfers without a bkgd check.  FFL's are exempt in I-594 when receiving a gun.

Randy
View Quote

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top