BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2016 11:07:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Despite the fact I have no interest in this I'd vote yes on it IF there isn't some other nastiness hiding along with it in those pages.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Despite the fact I have no interest in this I'd vote yes on it IF there isn't some other nastiness hiding along with it in those pages.
View Quote

Same here.  I can't stand pot smoking and find it disgusting and I don't think it speaks well for a person if they are a habitual user, but I oppose the war on drugs and anti-marijuana laws have become a dead letter here.  If there aren't garbage provisions in here, I'm inclined to vote "yes" on this one.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be voting no on this one.  

The pot of today is not the pot of the days when i tried it.  

This new stuff is insane and does cause all kinds of problems.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm voting Yes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm voting no on the regulation of marijuana act. It will just create more work for the cops. Legalization doesn't come with taxes and regulation. This is a step in an authoritarian direction.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Reducing the restrictions on a controlled item like marijuana will reduce crime.
Reducing the restrictions on a controlled item like firearms will increase crime.

Am I the only one seeing the hypocrisy?
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The people that will really be happy will be the lawyers.  

1.  You'll need one if you get busted by the feds.  

2.  You'll need one when your boss fires you for smoke a joint three weeks earlier (there currently is no test that can show you are under the influence, just that you smoke some in the recent pass.  

3.  You'll need one when you get busted for DUI from smoking a joint three weeks earlier (see 2).

4.  You'll need one if you are caught with any and it isn't readily apparent it came from a "legal" source.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Voting yes on this one, not for me but people should have the choice.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I will vote yes in hopes that it puts a leash on all the illegal pot farms near our property.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:02:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm voting no on the regulation of marijuana act. It will just create more work for the cops. Legalization doesn't come with taxes and regulation. This is a step in an authoritarian direction.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Voting NO, because I hate hippies and potheads.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Decriminalize entirely: no taxes, no regulations.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:00:16 AM EDT
[#15]
What, exactly, does this one do aside from legalize marijuana?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's about freedom and choice.

And I guess only you are capable of determining and deciding what rights, freedoms, and choices people should be allowed to have.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

And I guess only you are capable of determining and deciding what rights, freedoms, and choices people should be allowed to have.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a limit to that, though, otherwise all laws would be immoral.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think 1960's comedian Lenny Bruce nailed it when he said originally as we started to gather together in groups in the caveman days we needed rules on where to eat, sleep, and shit. And then governments were formed and now there are regulations on everything except including where to eat, sleep, and shit.

View Quote

FTFY
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Do we think people who favor and/or support this are anti-gun.?

I'm inclined to believe they are.  Amirite.?

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/23993-ninth-circuit-rules-marijuana-card-holders-may-not-own-firearms

Willing to give right up.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Voting yes on this one.  I don't do it, but I don't really care if you do.  And people who want to smoke weed are going to smoke weed anyways, regardless of whether or not it's against the law.

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 3:00:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I have had to stop the process of selling a firearm when a potential customer, after filling out a 4473
opens their wallet to show me their CDL and in the pocket next to it is a pot card,
then the argument ensues about it being "legal" in California at which point I have to explain that we are
a FEDERALLY LICENSED business and that they have technically perjured themselves on a federal form.
There have also been incidents where we had to refuse service when a person comes in the shop REEKING
of pot (or alcohol for that matter)
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out if it passes!    
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
As a registered voter I got the voter information guide and was confused because I thought it was the phone book at 222 pages for 15 propositions. Knowing that I’ve been fooled before I thought I would reach out and as opinions on decoding this’s year’s batch of lies.

Thought it might be fun to hear some comments and see how the board here votes.

Prop 64 Legalization of Marijuana. Allows adults over the age of 21 to buy pot like alcohol.

View Quote

Vote for this if you want to further degrade your society. You want pot shops all over the ghetto. You want increased DUI deaths, victims.
You easier access to pot for your kids. You want more money for your state gov to misappropriate.

No bullshit, the above scenerios are manifested in Portland!

But hey weed is cool right, what harm could it do? Please....
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Vote for this if you want to further degrade your society. You want pot shops all over the ghetto. You want increased DUI deaths, victims.
You easier access to pot for your kids. You want more money for your state gov to misappropriate.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a registered voter I got the voter information guide and was confused because I thought it was the phone book at 222 pages for 15 propositions. Knowing that I’ve been fooled before I thought I would reach out and as opinions on decoding this’s year’s batch of lies.

Thought it might be fun to hear some comments and see how the board here votes.

Prop 64 Legalization of Marijuana. Allows adults over the age of 21 to buy pot like alcohol.

Well, that is the main argument right there.  The same harm it is doing now (but we tax it) and the same type harm as alcohol.  

Like you I don't think it's a win/ win situation but we're not being progressively more harsh with users ( like say Singapore) so we've signalled accepting the status quo, lax ( or no)  enforcement and penalties.   We could push back but there is no public will to do so.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top