Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2017 9:46:40 AM EDT
Hey Florida arfcommers, I will be taking a family vacation with the in-laws to Captiva Island soon, just wondered if anybody here had any tips for best ways to enjoy it. Apparently you have to ferry to the island and can't drive your car there, and from what we have heard the ferry costs + parking your car for a week are pretty intense so we may be staying on the island a lot.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You can drive to the island, you don't have to take a ferry.  You go through Sanibel to get to Captiva.  I'm not familiar with everything there is to do on the island besides the beaches.  Hopefully Blackfox will chime in.  He's very familiar with that area.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can drive to the island, you don't have to take a ferry.  You go through Sanibel to get to Captiva.  I'm not familiar with everything there is to do on the island besides the beaches.  Hopefully Blackfox will chime in.  He's very familiar with that area.
View Quote
I thought you could drive.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can stay at the South Seas Resort (ex South Seas Plantation) it's a very nice place.

Try to catch a meal at The Bubble Room and The Green Flash.

Captiva is accessible by car from Sanibel.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Sanibel?Captiva no need for ferry....north Captiva maybe? regardless, don't forget to eat at the Bubble Room...
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like he is talking North Captiva. Restaurant choices are limited. Like one. It is quite fancy. So you will have to pack in groceries.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry gents I didn't quite get the distinction at first but it is NORTH Captiva Island, which is why there is only ferry access apparently.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Two different islands Captiva is on the north end of Sanibel and you drive there N. Captiva is the next island north of Captiva and there is no way out there other than boat or airplane. There is a ferry from Pineland marina in pine island that takes you out to the island " people only". Better bring all the food you need for the entire time your out there and then some more to play it safe no grocery store and bring Thermocells and Off for the no see ums  .There is a little store you can get some small stuff at but its very very expensive a 12 pack of cheap cans of beer is going to cost you like $60 . No cars at all everyone rents a golf cart to get around. The fishing is great bring all your fishing equipment , and  a cast net for bait. Fish the area around the airport on the east side or walk around by the pass between N Captiva and Cayo Costa tons of big snook right up on the shore this time of year. N Captiva is the best of the best . I love it there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#9]
It's exclusive and quiet. Just a pain if you have to go anywhere. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top