Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2017 5:15:58 PM EDT
I got my concealed permit back when I was in college. I have since moved to various different locations all in Florida. My permit expires in March of this year and I need to renew it. Online, one of the requirement is that I provide a tracking number that is on my renewal notice. I don't have a renewal notice and so how exactly do I go about renewing the license? Do I have to go in person? Has anyone else had this issue?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got my concealed permit back when I was in college. I have since moved to various different locations all in Florida. My permit expired in March of this year and I need to renew it. Online, one of the requirement is that I provide a tracking number that is on my renewal notice. I don't have a renewal notice and so how exactly do I go about renewing the license? Do I have to go in person? Has anyone else had this issue?
View Quote

Do I understand correctly that your licence expired in March 2016, to whit more than 180 days ago?

If that is the case, you can't renew, you have to start over.

Additionally, a licensee who fails to file a renewal application on or before its expiration date must renew his or her license by paying a late fee of $15. A license may not be renewed 180 days or more after its expiration date, and such a license is deemed to be permanently expired. A person whose license has been permanently expired may reapply for licensure; however, an application for licensure and fees under subsection (5) must be submitted, and a background investigation shall be conducted pursuant to this section. A person who knowingly files false information under this subsection is subject to criminal prosecution under s. 837.06.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#6]
No, March of this year, 2017. It's still valid and I carry daily
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Then you should just be able to walk in to a regional office and renew on the spot. I'm not sure if all the locations do this but, the one in my area prints a new license on the spot.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Check the list of Dept of ag regional offices on thier website.  If you are close to one, that is probably the easiest way.

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Licensing/Regional-Offices

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/

Regional offices print the license and hand it to you.

ps.  Address changes are made at the same website.  You are required to keep your address current.

(8) Within 30 days after the changing of a permanent address, or within 30 days after having a license lost or destroyed, the licensee shall notify the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services of such change. Failure to notify the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services pursuant to the provisions of this subsection shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of $25.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#9]
My husband just had a great renewal experience.  He took his renewal form to the tax collectors office in Key West.  He immediately got in to see the guy who does it, they took a photo and did the other stuff, and he paid.  New permit came in the mail on Thursday.  Wow!
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Yup, the Dept of Ag office is the way to go.  I was in and out with renewed license in hand...about 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Go in person to your local FDA licensing div. branch. I did this last year. Went in at 8am, no one was there. I was in & out in 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#12]
They just made it to where you can renew online also
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top