Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2016 6:01:22 AM EDT
cut down an extra handgaurd and my mini-4 fits inside.

I dub thee, "wannabe integral suppressed g36c"

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I dig it.  What's the OAL with the can?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dig it.  What's the OAL with the can?
View Quote

32 1/4" unfolded,

23 1/2" folded
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:57:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Serious question.

Is a semi G36C worth the coin?  I mean, a Tommy Built gun would run someone $5500-6500, maybe higher.  

Kinda tough to swallow, even for a guy who has an HK sear and an M16...
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:40:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Serious question.

Is a semi G36C worth the coin?  I mean, a Tommy Built gun would run someone $5500-6500, maybe higher.  

View Quote

idk.  It all depends on your wants.  I bought this 3 years ago and only occasionally shoot it.  It's a chopstix kid full conversion.

It was one of those guns I wanted to add to my collection at the time.  I've thought of selling it, but the uniqueness has helped me hang on to it.

Plus, the action is silky smooth, and the trigger feels and acts like a two stage.  Crisp break.  Gun is easy to take-down and clean.  I can do all maintenance by myself if need-be as I have a factory barrel nut wrench with the cut out for the short barrel, and the mandrel to lock into the trunion much like how the Geissele reaction rod works with an AR.

I have not experienced any symptoms of accuracy degrading due to the trunion getting too hot and warping the plastic or whatever material the receiver is made out of.  The gun shoots exactly like it did the day I got it.

Are they really selling for that much now?  Kind of got me thinking...  
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

idk.  It all depends on your wants.  I bought this 3 years ago and only occasionally shoot it.  It's a chopstix kid full conversion.

It was one of those guns I wanted to add to my collection at the time.  I've thought of selling it, but the uniqueness has helped me hang on to it.

Plus, the action is silky smooth, and the trigger feels and acts like a two stage.  Crisp break.  Gun is easy to take-down and clean.  I can do all maintenance by myself if need-be as I have a factory barrel nut wrench with the cut out for the short barrel, and the mandrel to lock into the trunion much like how the Geissele reaction rod works with an AR.

I have not experienced any symptoms of accuracy degrading due to the trunion getting too hot and warping the plastic or whatever material the receiver is made out of.  The gun shoots exactly like it did the day I got it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question.

Well an SL8 is $1500-2000, G36 parts kit $3000, labor $1000...that's $5500-6000 right there.

Where in FL are you located?  If you're near Jax, I'd sure like to see it one day to get a feel for it.  There's one in south Florida for sale at the moment, but the dealer is really pushing the boundaries on the price IMO.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well an SL8 is $1500-2000, G36 parts kit $3000, labor $1000...that's $5500-6000 right there.

Where in FL are you located?  If you're near Jax, I'd sure like to see it one day to get a feel for it.  There's one in south Florida for sale at the moment, but the dealer is really pushing the boundaries on the price IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question.

I'm in Pensacola.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:00:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried shooting it like that? Seems like the handguard would get pretty toasty.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:06:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have you tried shooting it like that? Seems like the handguard would get pretty toasty.
View Quote

Not yet.  I imagine it might get hot but I'm hoping not hot enough to melt lol.

The suppressor is inside 2.5 inches with nearly 3 inches sticking out.

There are no heat shields inside.  If it melts I'll just go back to the "C" handgaurd.

I picked this one up for 25 bucks and out of boredom wanting to try something.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:08:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I was wondering though, can aluminum A/C repair tape be used as a heat shield or does it need to be separated from the plastic?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was wondering though, can aluminum A/C repair tape be used as a heat shield or does it need to be separated from the plastic?
View Quote

It would likely need to sit up off the plastic as normal heat shields would. Otherwise, the heat is just going to transfer straight into the plastic.

I think you run a decent chance of cooking that 'guard, but you won't know for sure until you try. At least you don't have much invested!
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It would likely need to sit up off the plastic as normal heat shields would. Otherwise, the heat is just going to transfer straight into the plastic.

I think you run a decent chance of cooking that 'guard, but you won't know for sure until you try. At least you don't have much invested!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if a suppressor wrap would work better?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top