Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2015 1:00:44 AM EDT
Sorry guys... no pictures but had my DSA STG-58 with Steyr barrel out last week  and though I was hesitant to case it and transport it as it is a "401K" firearm that I rarely shoot I was pleasantly surprised to ring the 12" 200-yard gong EVERY time using the irons! It amazed me as the front sight post nearly covered the gong! God-damn I love this rifle! I used handloads with Varget powder and Hornady 150gr FMJ rounds in 1X fired NATO 7.62 brass. Nothing match-grade about it, other than the brass trimming and chamfering the ignition holes.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:05:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they can be pretty great rifles.  On the internet you'll see some folks say they are too heavy, they kick to hard, the trigger's suck, etc.  But the only one I've fired makes all those statements false.

You've got a very good rifle there.  Take care of it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#2]
nice! I had a 1-4x on mine and I could hit at 500 easy all day on man sized steel targets. Out to 750 I was limited to the magnification, but could still hit fairly regularly, depending on the wind. I think all too many people say these rifles are inaccurate because they won't punch 5 holes touching at 100yrds. More than accurate enough for me though.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:34:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top