Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2015 12:43:37 PM EDT
Sold my metric Imbel/STG58 kit build from way back in the day.

Had Arizona Response Systems cut down the barrel and parkerized it >10 years ago (!?!).

GREAT gun considering it was my first build of any kind. I included 10 mags.  Got what I believe to be a fair price for it (while not gouging my friend).

Replacing it (for now) with an M1A SOCOM 16... but I don't think it'll be my last foray into FAL territory.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Get yourself a nice Commonwealth inch-pattern SLR.

For some reason, they seem to have more "soul" than a generic metric.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I sold a pristine kit build STG 58 back in '08.

Not a day goes by where I don't regret doing that. Didn't even have to sell the thing, it was just a safe queen at the time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Do not sell guns!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

True that.

I think I fell victim to a series of circumstances:

-The desire for something different

-A friend who wants what I've got and is willing to pay a fair price (in both our opinions)

-Being temporarily broke (my own fault, due to some recent 'big ticket' purchases)

-A wife that's fine with multiple guns, as long as each fills a specific role (ie. My shotgun, my duty pistol, my backup/travel gun, my precision rifle etc.). Two carbine-length battle rifles... she'd know!!! She's already giving me the stink eye over multiple AR uppers! I keep telling her, "But that a .300 SBR dear. That other one is a 5.56 SBR. They look identical, but they're TOTALLY different animals, I swear."

I'll find another down the road. Maybe go for a para next time around. Who knows.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I sold my FN FAL para back in 1987 I think it was... no regrets... loved the look but hated the feel of it, no cheek weld, hell on brass....
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh . . . They'll make more . . .
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I brought my sig 716 and FAL Imbel build to the range a couple weeks ago. Didn't like the way one shot or felt in back to back comparisons. So I sold it. Still have the Imbel build
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:32:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I've shot an M1A SOCOM and I wouldn't trade a broken FAL for one. They reek of tacticool And I found it to be a very unpleasant gun, balance, recoil, and getting slapped in the face with muzzle blast. It might be a different story if you're going to remove the factory flash hider and put on a suppressor.

An M1A National Match... on the other hand...
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've shot an M1A SOCOM and I wouldn't trade a broken FAL for one. They reek of tacticool And I found it to be a very unpleasant gun, balance, recoil, and getting slapped in the face with muzzle blast. It might be a different story if you're going to remove the factory flash hider and put on a suppressor.

An M1A National Match... on the other hand...
View Quote

I tried talking a good friend out of that same rifle. Wouldn't listen. We picked it up, hit the range. He fired it 4 times, asked if I wanted to shoot it, declined. Sold it within a week.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#10]
I sold my para build for an M1A, one of the worst mistakes of my life. Still trying to get back into the FAL game. Live and learn.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:04:00 AM EDT
[#11]
The only way I'd sell my Gear-logo Imbel metric FAL is to buy
an FN SCAR-H. Even then maybe...

I built my FAL with an un-numbered kit, with a new Argentine
chrome-lined barrel.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I have two consecutively serial numbered Imbel GL receivers. Going to use them on two all Imbel kits I have. Should be pretty nice.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:54:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Sold an Imbel imported by century years ago to fund other guns. That gun ran like a raped ape.
I regret it everytime i see an FAL.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Funny that I ran across this thread  I've got a DSA SA58 with what appear to be Austrian proof marks on the barrel I've been thinking of selling, just sitting on the fence.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I could sell one of the two Imbel based kit guns I own, but they run great and I know it will be difficult in the future to find one as good in the future.   Just troubleshooting one could run $100 given how much ammo costs.   The only way I would sell one is if I ever end up buying a Belgian preban.

Given the scarcity of parts and general crap being sold these days.  FALs and AKs are not worth selling if you intend to own anything similar in the future.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:32:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I sold my para build for an M1A, one of the worst mistakes of my life. Still trying to get back into the FAL game. Live and learn.

View Quote
Bro I keep telling you Ill get you started you just gotta finish ;)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top