Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2014 12:41:06 PM EDT
Was looking at a PTR91 GI but came across a Imbel FAL built by pacific armaments.  I don't really know much about FALs but it had a real nice feel to it when I handled it.  Its marked at $899 and they said they would come down to around $750.  Best deal I can get on a PTR 91 GI is about $950 after shipping.  

Anything I should look for?  I know there might be a bias but which do you guys think?  Is a Imbel by Pacific Armaments good to go?  I sure wouldn't mind have the "right arm of the free world" in my collection...

Thanks a million!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Jump!
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Where would I look for any Century markings?  Didn't see any when I gave it a once over at the shop
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Or,...just look for "IMBEL" rollmark on the right upper side.  With or without the gear logo, IMBEL-receivered FALs are the best starting point.  I have no experience with Pacific to express an opinion.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Pacific Armament Corporation aka "PAC" should be the importer of the receiver, not the builder of the rifle.  PAC was one of the early importers of the IMBEL "Gear Logo" receivers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:37:47 AM EDT
[#6]
given that FAL part kits without a receiver are over $500, as long as the lands on the barrel look good, I would jump on it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:54:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Fo.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#8]
i have a PAC marked FAL, so far it has had no issues.  TrIgger on it is the worst of any gun I've ever shot, that's only issue.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Fo, definitely Fo.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PAC is who built them from kits, I have one and though I only have a few rounds though it, it has been good to go.  Price is right too.
View Quote

No.  PAC imported the receivers.  CAI marked doesn't always mean Century built it either.  Century sold many loose Imbel receivers.  There were many Imbel receiver importers.

Hesse
Century
Enterprise
Pacific Armament Corp
Pars
Springfield Armory

They all sold them loose.  A few also built rifles.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PAC is who built them from kits, I have one and though I only have a few rounds though it, it has been good to go.  Price is right too.
View Quote

Wrong! Don't quote information that's not accurate. PAC is just the importer of the bare receivers. That's why they are roll marked as such.

Most FAL builders do not mark them, only a few do.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:54:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Buy it NOW!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Before the boating accident, I had a Century Built G1:

I must have gotten a good one because that gun ran like a raped ape!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top