Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2013 8:27:36 AM EDT
Hey guys, a buddy of mine has a mini-30 he bought new (unknown build date) it's been flawless, up to the point he acquired a Ruger brand 20 round magazine. Then he started having the following major malf.

He says that with the 20rd mag  about 2-3 rounds into the mag it will consistently blow the trigger group out of the bottom of the rifle!!!

I haven't witnessed this, but I believe him. And he say's it ONLY happens with a Ruger brand 20 rd mag. his 5 and 30rd mags do fine.

Now, I have never owned, or even shot a mini-30 so I didn't know this was a possible malfunction.

Any thoughts/suggestions??

Thanks,

Ruckus
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Bend the trigger guard for a tighter fit.

Link Posted: 4/7/2013 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The Mini-30 is nothing but a flaw.
Even when Mini's cost <$200 they weren't worth crap.

I owned a Mini-14, paid less then <$170 NIB, but it was a POS.  Buddy of mine bought a Mini-30, against my advice.  Even bigger POS.  And after shooting it he agreed.

I sold mine off years and years ago and can't say how happy I was to see it go.

But that said, do as the guy suggested, re-bend the trigger guard to tighten it back up.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help TF.

We'll give it a try and see how that works.

Ruckus
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I had that happen. Sent it back. When it came back the note said the headspace was short and the increased pressure was doing that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had that happen. Sent it back. When it came back the note said the headspace was short and the increased pressure was doing that.

I would call Ruger and ask about this.
Top Top