Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2017 12:28:29 PM EDT
Other than a suppressor ( which I have) what is the best muzzle device for reducing/throwing blast away from shooter?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Surefire Warden?
Noveske Flaming Pig?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a Black River Covert Comp on a 7.5.  Outdoors I don't find it any worse than a 16", although it does throw a fireball with certain ammo.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a 7.5 and use the kak Flashcan. Loud bang and flash but it's really not bad concussion wise. I actually like it. I was mag dumping on it just to get an idea. I think easiest way to compare (atleast to me) is it seems like a 12ga shot gun.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
The pig is crazy expensive.
The KAK Flash Can is aluminum - steel is better

This is the one you want
Steel MD
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:28:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly- get a longer barrel  

SBR 5.56 will always be punchy, all that powder has to do something.

My wife has a 10.5 with a rolling thunder comp.  No kick, but plenty of eye watering concussion.

It is like a handheld flash bang
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a taper mount blast shield from Griffin Armament.  It's still loud, but the concussion is gone.  I run Griffin taper mount brakes and hiders because my Alpha and my Form 1's are all taper mounts.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:55:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a saker for my 7.5 but just recently upgraded the mount to the asr.  I also have the sico blast shield and it is great for the 7.5 concision.  I don't feel a thing and I can quickly switch it to my can.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Noveske flaming pig on my 7.5 and it works great compared to just having a standard A2 FH. I'm just waiting til the Hearing Protection Act passes (hopefully) to put a can on it. The Noveske does great at throwing the concussion forward though. It's pricey but worth it IMO.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#9]
My Smith Enterprise Vortex sends the concussion to another dimension.  I'm amazed by it.
The standard brake on my 7.25" is enough to knock people down.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#10]
A2 has always been fine for me. Its only when you add a brake do you feel your brain rattle.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Smith Enterprise Vortex sends the concussion to another dimension.  
View Quote
Don't see how as it's just a flash hider.  With a short barrel I bet it rings like a bitch.  I've heard the tines can peel back on short bbls.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't see how as it's just a flash hider.  With a short barrel I bet it rings like a bitch.  I've heard the tines can peel back on short bbls.
View Quote
I can't explain it but keeping everything else equal, it's doesn't raise much interest at the indoor range. No real ping to speak of.
Using my brake makes people leave.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top