Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2016 8:22:00 PM EDT
So my first SBR and grail gun was form 1'd as an individual several years ago  because I put every penny I had in to the gun and was too cheap to start a trust. I have since learned the error of my ways and formed a trust with several other items in it.  But my first SBR is my baby and I want my oldest son to have it some day. Do I have to go through the whole process and pay another 200 bucks to transfer that rifle into my trust or is there a better route that I'm not familiar with
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Good information here.

GOA
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
nope, you would have to do a form 4 and all associated paperwork, pay the 200 dollar transfer tax to put that in the trust. there is no way of getting around that.

the better way to go, if you want to pass it on to him, is to make  a will and have that put in your will to him.  the only transfer that will ever happened there is when you die and he does a tax-exempt  form 5 transfer.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

nope, you would have to do a form 4 and all associated paperwork, pay the 200 dollar transfer tax to put that in the trust. there is no way of getting around that.

the better way to go, if you want to pass it on to him, is to make  a will and have that put in your will to him.  the only transfer that will ever happened there is when you die and he does a tax-exempt  form 5 transfer.

View Quote

So if I understand you correctly...even though it was filed as an individual, he could still maintain the firearm upon my death via form 5 without paying a tax?  As long as it is stipulated in my will?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So if I understand you correctly...even though it was filed as an individual, he could still maintain the firearm upon my death via form 5 without paying a tax?  As long as it is stipulated in my will?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. I would also like to transfer some things I had as an individual to my trust, but it's a waste of a tax stamp compared to just buying another thing.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate the help.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top