Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2015 6:07:44 PM EDT
Looking for opinions on the upper for my first SBR build. I have it narrowed down to two choices but it really comes down to piston vs DI. I have access to either an LWRC 10.5" piston upper or a Noveske Gen III 10.5" DI upper with switchblock. They are close to the same price so that's not an issue for me.

The lower is a Noveske Gen 2 (non chainsaw) that I paid too much money for on Gunbroker.

I'll be running it mostly suppressed once they are legal in this commy state (hopefully this Friday!)

I like the idea of piston but have heard in other threads that running it suppressed, a piston will get almost as dirty as a DI anyway so it doesn't matter.

Thoughts? Opinions? Emotional outbursts?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking for opinions on the upper for my first SBR build. I have it narrowed down to two choices but it really comes down to piston vs DI. I have access to either an LWRC 10.5" piston upper or a Noveske Gen III 10.5" DI upper with switchblock. They are close to the same price so that's not an issue for me.

The lower is a Noveske Gen 2 (non chainsaw) that I paid too much money for on Gunbroker.

I'll be running it mostly suppressed once they are legal in this commy state (hopefully this Friday!)

I like the idea of piston but have heard in other threads that running it suppressed, a piston will get almost as dirty as a DI anyway so it doesn't matter.

Thoughts? Opinions? Emotional outbursts?
View Quote

Fingers crossed. That's awesome.

I think if you are running suppressed most of the time, a DI upper is the best choice.

Plus you already have the Noveske lower...
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Noveske, great quality (obviously) and matching parts always look better IMO. If you're going to run it suppressed most of the time, is the switchblock necessary, or better to have? Especially considering the cost.

I personally like the NSR rail, it's awesome, and you can't get the NSR rail on the switchblock.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Noveske, great quality (obviously) and matching parts always look better IMO. If you're going to run it suppressed most of the time, is the switchblock necessary, or better to have? Especially considering the cost.

I personally like the NSR rail, it's awesome, and you can't get the NSR rail on the switchblock.
View Quote

Thats a second vote for Noveske. I'd also like an NSR rail but for utility purposes, I think the switchblock would be better. Just more options for firing suppressed or unsuppressed. Now if there was an easy way to fit an NSR to a switchblock, that would be the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#5]
LWRC is having a 20% off sale this weekend. I like mine. No experience with DI SBR's.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. I've got a few things to check out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top