Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/8/2014 12:50:22 AM EDT
writing up my my form 1 finally and got to length, i had been looking forward to using the nea firearms CCS stock kit, but looks like now it requires an atf form 6 and 6a to import it from canada, not really wanting to do more paperwork just for a few pieces, I have emailed Troy Industries about their trunk monkey or M7A1 stock, but according to their site it will most likley only be available in a stock set/upper combo

question is does anyone else make a stock like this?

example of stock
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 4:37:29 AM EDT
[#1]
emailed troy, got a return email pretty quickly, but it will only be available as an upper kit or whole rifle
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 5:54:14 AM EDT
[#2]
You can find them on the EE pretty regularly.   I think there are a couple on there right now.  That's where I got mine.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:02:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I seen some on ebay not long ago, but they were pricey
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:38:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Troy...yea.

I recently bought a LWRC UCIW stock.  It's only $125 or so for the complete kit (stock, tube, special spring, short buffer, castle nut) and very nicely made.  I tried using it on my 10.5" gun, but it's almost too short and light compared to the B5 Sopmod it replaced.  I liked the compact stock so much, though, that I already began building another rifle just for it.  This one will have a 7.5" or 8" barrel.

Complete LWRC UCIW:

Link to stock:
https://www.lwrci.com/p-361-uciw-ultra-compact-stock.aspx
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm, I'm not surprised NEA has the monopoly here, found another company, forgot the name but said they were now contracted with NEA for making their design,

I'll be keeping an eye in the ee listings
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:49:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh how I hate thee....let me count the ways

1: Complete .300 BLK PDW (I'm still working on mine)
2: RDIAS (It will be a long time before I can afford one.  And they will probably be $50K by then)
3: Modular rifle.
4: Suppressor (At least 2 years before I will have one)
5: RDIAS
6: RDIAS
7: RDIAS
8: RDIAS
9: RDIAS

Very nice work.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#10]
How do you like the NEA stock? Pretty comfortable?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 6:36:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#12]
it's cool, it's compact, but I would not describe it as comfortable especially if you have anything other than irons or a reflex, i.e. scope that you need eye relief for

Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice, hopefully I can get my hands on one
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 2:06:15 AM EDT
[#14]
still havent found one of these stocks, im suprised there isnt a company that imports them, anyone order them and have to do the form 6 and 6a? whats the extra wait time?

also, where are you getting those straight cut 20 rd p mags? cant seem to find those either, almost looks like they only make curved 20 rd now
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't have to file any federal forms to import an NEA stock to the USA...... The import fees were $40, but other than that it was painless to get it.

Gotta be honest, I'm really sad that some of you would be willing to do business with Troy after what they did. They say getting head from a gay dude feels pretty good until one of your friends sees you, putting a Troy product on your gun is a lot the same.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#17]
+1 on the LWRC ultra compact stock. Love mine. Makes my 8.2" 300blk an even more nice, compact package.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I didn't have to file any federal forms to import an NEA stock to the USA...... The import fees were $40, but other than that it was painless to get it.

Gotta be honest, I'm really sad that some of you would be willing to do business with Troy after what they did. They say getting head from a gay dude feels pretty good until one of your friends sees you, putting a Troy product on your gun is a lot the same.
View Quote

Huh? Who did what now?  Point me in the right direction please.  

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 4:07:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can buy them from NEA directly, actually Engage Armament has them in country and ready to ship.  Give them a call link

IMG_5649 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks wayne1one! Have been emailing Andy to purchase one of these just now. Just by answering an email within 15 minutes of initial contact, after hours I might add, is great CS in my book. Calling in my order tomorrow. Thanks again for the heads up!
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 3:58:00 AM EDT
[#21]
No problem bro!!  Enjoy the stock.......
Link Posted: 6/14/2014 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Troy shit in their mess kit by hiring two men that they never should have and then told everyone to FOAD. One was a federal agent involved with Ruby Ridge-another sniper who said he would have taken the same shot to kill Vickie Weaver that Lon Horiuchi did, the other an anti gun police chief from (IIRC) Chicago. The choice to hire these two is an absolute slap in the face to pretty much their entire customer base. They are branching into .gov sales (or are at least trying) and tactical training. And fuck you if you don't like it.

You can choose to do business with them and help fill the paycheck of guy who helped kill and wound fellow Americans who just wanted to be left alone, or you can send a message that there is no safe harbor for these people. Your Call.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:00:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Troy shit in their mess kit by hiring two men that they never should have and then told everyone to FOAD. One was a federal agent involved with Ruby Ridge-another sniper who said he would have taken the same shot to kill Vickie Weaver that Lon Horiuchi did, the other an anti gun police chief from (IIRC) Chicago. The choice to hire these two is an absolute slap in the face to pretty much their entire customer base. They are branching into .gov sales (or are at least trying) and tactical training. And fuck you if you don't like it.

You can choose to do business with them and help fill the paycheck of guy who helped kill and wound fellow Americans who just wanted to be left alone, or you can send a message that there is no safe harbor for these people. Your Call.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, wow.  Don't get me started on Waco and Ruby Ridge.

On topic, I can't imagine this stock is any more comfortable than a MP5 collapsible stock or an AK underfolder.  

That said, I am always glad to see options available for the AR platform.

Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

On topic, I can't imagine this stock is any more comfortable than a MP5 collapsible stock or an AK underfolder.  
That said, I am always glad to see options available for the AR platform.

View Quote

Options are also good and I am glad that NEA is making these stocks....
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:12:38 AM EDT
[#25]
been a while since i checked the post, thanks for the info, going to make contact with engage armament
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:24:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Agreed 100%.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it's cool, it's compact, but I would not describe it as comfortable especially if you have anything other than irons or a reflex, i.e. scope that you need eye relief for

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3703/10438811495_6fcf2a07e9.jpg

Agreed 100%.

heres a link it says at the top of description, and thats also the store link you go on from the nea website
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 2:36:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#28]
The stocks have since been improved and features new finish (melonite) etc, all of the ones I have seen run flawlessly........  Check this link out!

Link
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#29]
wow how have i missed this thread.  i have one of the stocks from the original pre order and it's been running without any issues.  i still run a 7" 5.56 upper and an 8" 300blk upper on the nea stocked lower i have , mostly 300blk lately since my sdn-6 was approved.   i guess i'll send an email to nea to see if i can get the updated parts in case i start having issues with my setup , it would be nice to have the parts on hand and not have to wait for them.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:26:12 AM EDT
[#30]
hmmm yea looks like they had a few issues, and the lwrc one isnt much longer, still like the nea one, hoping they have resolved issue, sounds like they back their product though, may have to build another one and try the lwrc also
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Good news Engage is giving one of these away free!!  Engage is trying to raise their FB numbers and decided to give a stock away to a lucky fan.  I will post a link when it goes live.

IMG_7118 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_7111 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_7101 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_7096 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_7093 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_7090 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Well I don't have Facebook lol. But I did call and order it from them, should be shipping out tomorrow, now I need to get a bolt, can pin, firing pin and retainer, any recommendations?
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Well I don't have Facebook lol. But I did call and order it from them, should be shipping out tomorrow, now I need to get a bolt, can pin, firing pin and retainer, any recommendations?
View Quote
I would buy the $80 BCG from AIM with free shipping.  By the time you order the parts individually the carrier will only be a couple extra dollars.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#35]
'I took my 16" carbine with the NEA stock on it out for the first two sessions last week, no issues. I only put maybe 200 rounds thru it, but it stayed locked open and there were no cycling issues at all.

I need to get off my ass and send some paperwork in now that SBR's are legal here....
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#36]

Forgot about that thread.

I need to post an update.  NEA made good and sent me updated parts.  The stock locks up solid as a rock now.  No problems with it anymore.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edited for forum:  Great looking stock!

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lon Horiuchi is ten times the patriot that that idiot Weaver could ever hope to be.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lon Horiuchi is ten times the patriot that that idiot Weaver could ever hope to be.

I'm tired and it's getting late.

Is that sarcasm or not?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is that sarcasm or not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that sarcasm or not?

I can't tell either. Surely it is sarcasm, if not.....
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that sarcasm or not?

Edited for forum: Great looking set up!

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:07:43 AM EDT
[#41]
I have no idea what's going on here.....got the stock installed and my lower assembled, I like it
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
USMA graduate vs. a racist who can't tell another dumbass to go cut his own goddam shotgun barrel.  We're really discussing this?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that sarcasm or not?

USMA graduate vs. a racist who can't tell another dumbass to go cut his own goddam shotgun barrel.  We're really discussing this?

You sound like you don't give two flying fucks Horiuchi shot and killed an unarmed woman.

Apparently, cutting down a barrel should result in death of unarmed women.  What a patriot....

Congrats, you are the very first to make my ignore list.

click*
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that sarcasm or not?

Yes we are, because it will never be acceptable or legal to follow shoot on sight in LE operations again. When those agents got that order, the agents that put their careers over their morals and fired on the Weavers and Kevin Harris, they were no different than the common criminals they are supposed to be fighting.

Every man who has ever killed another has had to make a decision and weigh consequences. Some murder for drugs, some for money-which is what the agents did at the end of the day. You can laugh at me, you can call me names or find some catchy little cool kid cut-down to minimize my reply to you, but at the end of the day, nobody should ever have to see his dog, his son, his friend, his wife, and his self shot in cold blood because he didn't want to cooperate with federal agents who wanted to infiltrate a racist group. The idea that an agent should be firing into a small occupied dwelling-basically a shack- with 4 people in it should have been enough for Horiuchi to question his orders and refuse the shot.

Vickie Weaver was murdered. Flat Murdered. You can carry the water for these knuckle dragging thugs if you want, but you're a nothing to me if you do. I give LEO's a wide degree of lattitude in how they prosecute their job responsibilities, but people should have  gone to prison for a very long time over that deal.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yes we are, because it will never be acceptable or legal to follow shoot on sight in LE operations again. When those agents got that order, the agents that put their careers over their morals and fired on the Weavers and Kevin Harris, they were no different than the common criminals they are supposed to be fighting.

Every man who has ever killed another has had to make a decision and weigh consequences. Some murder for drugs, some for money-which is what the agents did at the end of the day. You can laugh at me, you can call me names or find some catchy little cool kid cut-down to minimize my reply to you, but at the end of the day, nobody should ever have to see his dog, his son, his friend, his wife, and his self shot in cold blood because he didn't want to cooperate with federal agents who wanted to infiltrate a racist group. The idea that an agent should be firing into a small occupied dwelling-basically a shack- with 4 people in it should have been enough for Horiuchi to question his orders and refuse the shot.

Vickie Weaver was murdered. Flat Murdered. You can carry the water for these knuckle dragging thugs if you want, but you're a nothing to me if you do. I give LEO's a wide degree of lattitude in how they prosecute their job responsibilities, but people should have  gone to prison for a very long time over that deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that sarcasm or not?

Well said Dave.  Bravo.

Now...back to the thread.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Yeah, I'm thinking I may order a LWRC UCIW.

It's only 1" longer (than the NEA, collapsed), uses a standard bcg and costs about 1/3 (or less) of what the NEA does.

I do think the NEA is neat, but given the factors, it's just not worth spending 3 times the money to make gun 1" shorter IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's only 1" longer (than the NEA, collapsed), uses a standard bcg and costs about 1/3 (or less) of what the NEA does.

I do think the NEA is neat, but given the factors, it's just not worth spending 3 times the money to make gun 1" shorter IMHO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The LWRC is the choice you make with your head, the NEA CCS is the stock you buy with your heart.... it is so fucking badass looking in real life!
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 8:39:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The LWRC is the choice you make with your head, the NEA CCS is the stock you buy with your heart.... it is so fucking badass looking in real life!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The LWRC is mo' betta

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#49]
I just hate that Nordic discontinued their bufferless stock.
I realize that the applications are limitied, but I love mine.

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I just hate that Nordic discontinued their bufferless stock.
I realize that the applications are limitied, but I love mine.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/devtucker/IMG_20130704_231500_079.jpg
View Quote

would have loved to get one of these for a 22.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top