Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:38:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Playing devil's advocate, but didn't sig say that the first run of the mpx would only work in 9?  Maybe I'm just picking up something I read on ttag.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:28:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe they SHOULD have kept the MP(X) to 9mm for now. Simple, and it targets all of the worldwide NATO customers using the aging MP5. That should be enough to chew on for a while.

This project should have been given more time to mature in its entirety, in a single caliber(you pick), instead of promising so much from the start.  

That would have alleviated this whole debacle.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:50:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Playing devil's advocate, but didn't sig say that the first run of the mpx would only work in 9?  Maybe I'm just picking up something I read on ttag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did Sig say that?  The manual that comes with the gun and the dedicated webpage for it say otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:40:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't recall that myself, but I'm not saying you're wrong.  The events I remember was that sometime after release of the mpx, ttag broke the news on that gen 1 wasn't getting the caliber change feature.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:21:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't recall that myself, but I'm not saying you're wrong.  The events I remember was that sometime after release of the mpx, ttag broke the news on that gen 1 wasn't getting the caliber change feature.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ditto...Im rather irritated by all of this and still thinking of dumping my gen1 mpx..
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I knew I wasn't that far off.  I contemplated today drafting a complaint to file with our small claims division of the district court to see if casting a rock at Sig would get them to respond.  Let's see what my state law has to say on this topic....

§ 4-88-107. Deceptive and unconscionable trade practices

(a) Deceptive and unconscionable trade practices made unlawful and prohibited by this chapter include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Knowingly making a false representation as to the characteristics, ingredients, uses, benefits, alterations, source, sponsorship, approval, or certification of goods or services or as to whether goods are original or new or of a particular standard, quality, grade, style, or model;
(2) Disparaging the goods, services, or business of another by false or misleading representation of fact;
(3) Advertising the goods or services with the intent not to sell them as advertised;
(4) Refusal of a retailer to deliver to a customer purchasing any electronic or mechanical apparatus the record of warranty and statement of service availability which the manufacturer includes in the original carton or container of the product or the refusal to make available on request information relating thereto;
(5) The employment of bait-and-switch advertising consisting of an attractive but insincere offer to sell a product or service which the seller in truth does not intend or desire to sell, evidenced by:
(A) A refusal to show or a disparagement of the advertised product;
(B) The requirement of a tie-in sale or other undisclosed conditions precedent to the purchase;
(C) A demonstration of a defective product; or
(D) Other acts demonstrating an intent not to sell the advertised product or services;
(6) Knowingly failing to identify flood, water, fire, or accidentally damaged goods as to such damages;
(7) Making a false representation that contributions solicited for charitable purposes shall be spent in a specific manner or for specified purposes;
(8) Knowingly taking advantage of a consumer who is reasonably unable to protect his or her interest because of:
(A) Physical infirmity;
(B) Ignorance;
(C) Illiteracy;
(D) Inability to understand the language of the agreement; or
(E) A similar factor;
(9) The offering for sale, assembly, or drafting of any trust document, including a living trust, by a nonlawyer, excluding the marketing, assembly, and funding by bank trust departments and trust companies;
(10) Engaging in any other unconscionable, false, or deceptive act or practice in business, commerce, or trade; and
(11)(A) Displaying or causing to be displayed a fictitious or misleading name or telephone number on an Arkansas resident's telephone caller identification service.
(B) Subdivision (a)(11)(A) of this section does not apply to the transmission of a caller identification service by a telecommunications provider.
(b) The deceptive and unconscionable trade practices listed in this section are in addition to and do not limit the types of unfair trade practices actionable at common law or under other statutes of this state.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Caliber conversion was sold as a key feature available on this platform, and that they failed to deliver.  I would be inclined to make a strong argument for a total warranty exchange on gen 1 uppers and the gen 1 magazines as well.  Food for thought.

Article 13 (Commercial Law) of the Maryland Code Annotated:
§13–301.     IN EFFECT
Unfair or deceptive trade practices include any:
(1)   False, falsely disparaging, or misleading oral or written statement, visual description, or other representation of any kind which has the capacity, tendency, or effect of deceiving or misleading consumers;
(2)   Representation that:
(i)   Consumer goods, consumer realty, or consumer services have a sponsorship, approval, accessory, characteristic, ingredient, use, benefit, or quantity which they do not have;
(iv)   Consumer goods, consumer realty, or consumer services are of a particular standard, quality, grade, style, or model which they are not;
(3)   Failure to state a material fact if the failure deceives or tends to deceive;

As stated in the post quoted above, Sig has advertised and still advertises the MPX as being caliber convertible.  The Gen 1 MPX is currently not caliber convertible, nor is compatible with the Gen 2 magazines.  Sig needs to step up and make the Gen 1 buyers "whole" and that does not mean we should have to pay more money to get what we have already allegedly paid for and for which they have failed to deliver.

I knew I wasn't that far off.  I contemplated today drafting a complaint to file with our small claims division of the district court to see if casting a rock at Sig would get them to respond.  Let's see what my state law has to say on this topic....

§ 4-88-107. Deceptive and unconscionable trade practices

(a) Deceptive and unconscionable trade practices made unlawful and prohibited by this chapter include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Knowingly making a false representation as to the characteristics, ingredients, uses, benefits, alterations, source, sponsorship, approval, or certification of goods or services or as to whether goods are original or new or of a particular standard, quality, grade, style, or model;
(2) Disparaging the goods, services, or business of another by false or misleading representation of fact;
(3) Advertising the goods or services with the intent not to sell them as advertised;
(4) Refusal of a retailer to deliver to a customer purchasing any electronic or mechanical apparatus the record of warranty and statement of service availability which the manufacturer includes in the original carton or container of the product or the refusal to make available on request information relating thereto;
(5) The employment of bait-and-switch advertising consisting of an attractive but insincere offer to sell a product or service which the seller in truth does not intend or desire to sell, evidenced by:
(A) A refusal to show or a disparagement of the advertised product;
(B) The requirement of a tie-in sale or other undisclosed conditions precedent to the purchase;
(C) A demonstration of a defective product; or
(D) Other acts demonstrating an intent not to sell the advertised product or services;
(6) Knowingly failing to identify flood, water, fire, or accidentally damaged goods as to such damages;
(7) Making a false representation that contributions solicited for charitable purposes shall be spent in a specific manner or for specified purposes;
(8) Knowingly taking advantage of a consumer who is reasonably unable to protect his or her interest because of:
(A) Physical infirmity;
(B) Ignorance;
(C) Illiteracy;
(D) Inability to understand the language of the agreement; or
(E) A similar factor;
(9) The offering for sale, assembly, or drafting of any trust document, including a living trust, by a nonlawyer, excluding the marketing, assembly, and funding by bank trust departments and trust companies;
(10) Engaging in any other unconscionable, false, or deceptive act or practice in business, commerce, or trade; and
(11)(A) Displaying or causing to be displayed a fictitious or misleading name or telephone number on an Arkansas resident's telephone caller identification service.
(B) Subdivision (a)(11)(A) of this section does not apply to the transmission of a caller identification service by a telecommunications provider.
(b) The deceptive and unconscionable trade practices listed in this section are in addition to and do not limit the types of unfair trade practices actionable at common law or under other statutes of this state.

Would be interesting to see SIG's response to this if it was filed.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well they succeeded at this a LONG time ago.... They have been back ordered everywhere....

T
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like the 'essential packs' were just trying to dump the Gen 1 mags ASAP

This.

Well they succeeded at this a LONG time ago.... They have been back ordered everywhere....

T

I ordered mine in October and last week customer service told me to look for it January. I received an email this morning that it just shipped.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true. I remember hearing this from sig. I bought my "gen 1 charging handle issue"/9mm only knowing fully that they didn't intend on having different calibers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Sig said that, then they should not have engraved the following on the lower receiver:  "SIG MPX MULTI-CAL".
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Really? That's your evidence that sig bait/switched you?

I knew as an early adopter, that they weren't going to have .40/.357sig available.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I knew as an early adopter, that they weren't going to have .40/.357sig available.
View Quote

That is evidence - like putting "V8" on the side of a vehicle that is a V6.  Early adopter or not, Sig has advertised this product and still does as having certain capabilities which it ultimately will not possess.  I am glad that you knew they were not going to have .40/357 sig available.  I took them at their word.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If Sig said that, then they should not have engraved the following on the lower receiver:  "SIG MPX MULTI-CAL".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is that different than engraving an AR lower as multi?  The sig gen 1 lower IS multi caliber (from what we know so far) with the pull of two pins and the replacement of a receiver.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That is evidence - like putting "V8" on the side of a vehicle that is a V6.  Early adopter or not, Sig has advertised this product and still does as having certain capabilities which it ultimately will not possess.  I am glad that you knew they were not going to have .40/357 sig available.  I took them at their word.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is still a video on their YouTube channel from back in 2014 where they specifically talk about caliber conversions.  So as soon as it was "known" that it would be 9mm only they should have erased everything that said otherwise.  To expect folks to learn from forum posts or TTAG isn't realistic especially when your own marketing which is still online says differently.  Even if you go to YouTube and watch folks who went to the 2015 Shotshow that visited the Sig booth, the Sig representatives talked about caliber changes, and the words "Gen II" never came out of their mouths.  It's also telling that their is NO mention anywhere on the Sig website about a Gen II.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
There is still a video on their YouTube channel from back in 2014 where they specifically talk about caliber conversions.  So as soon as it was "known" that it would be 9mm only they should have erased everything that said otherwise.  To expect folks to learn from forum posts or TTAG isn't realistic especially when your own marketing which is still online says differently.  Even if you go to YouTube and watch folks who went to the 2015 Shotshow that visited the Sig booth, the Sig representatives talked about caliber changes, and the words "Gen II" never came out of their mouths.  It's also telling that their is NO mention anywhere on the Sig website about a Gen II.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bushmaster ACR?

There was video and talk about quick change barrels, caliber conversion kits, etc... same with the Robinson XCR and the original Sig P250.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#15]
That's going to suck ass owning a gen1 and not being able to get mags for it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#16]
this really is a huge mistake since the EVO Scorpion is getting such great reviews these days..
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
this really is a huge mistake since the EVO Scorpion is getting such great reviews these days..
View Quote

I totally agree.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I ordered mine in October and last week customer service told me to look for it January. I received an email this morning that it just shipped.  Go figure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like the 'essential packs' were just trying to dump the Gen 1 mags ASAP

This.

T

Wow!  Cool deal!!  Maybe my 3 obsolete mags are coming soon too!  

T
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's my biggest gripe.... If it's true.  I could not give two shits about any other caliber.  9mm is where it's at.

But I have heard that the newer mags will work in a Gen 1 upper.  If so.... I am still cool!!  The gun is fun a hell to shoot!

T
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's my biggest gripe.... If it's true.  I could not give two shits about any other caliber.  9mm is where it's at.

But I have heard that the newer mags will work in a Gen 1 upper.  If so.... I am still cool!!  The gun is fun a hell to shoot!

T
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

T

If gen 2 mags work I'm fine completely happy. I have no desire to change calibers.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If gen 2 mags work I'm fine completely happy. I have no desire to change calibers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

T

This is me too
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Same here, couldn't give 2 shits about changing caliber.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This is me too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

T

This is me too

I agree. Unless there is a redesign for 10mm. That would interest me.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you care about changing barrel lengths?  Because you cannot do that either.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I honestly dont. I just want to make sure I can get new mags and keep the thing running
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#26]
The magazine redesign is what really grinds my gears. Not being able to swap calibers is fine with me, however shorter 9mm barrels and hand guards were definitely promised by sig. Now, not only will those not be available, but we're unsure if replacement gen 1 barrels and magazines will be kept in production. That sucks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:29:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I honestly dont. I just want to make sure I can get new mags and keep the thing running
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sig rep told me gen 1 mags will still be made and be available
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 6:51:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't believe that till I see it in print as sig reps have told me many conflicting things.

Over the summer one red told me that Sig was working with Badger ord. on a revised CH to take care of the slop issue.  On another call about an unrelated item I asked that rep (a different one) about that and he knew nothing.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The magazine redesign is what really grinds my gears. Not being able to swap calibers is fine with me, however shorter 9mm barrels and hand guards were definitely promised by sig. Now, not only will those not be available, but we're unsure if replacement gen 1 barrels and magazines will be kept in production. That sucks.
View Quote

I think the 9mm mags will all work.  New 40/357 mags will come out.  They really need to offer the Gen2  upper and barrel of choice to Gen1 owners at their costs to make the BS right...

T
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:13:15 PM EDT
[#30]
In the review on Recoil magazine a redesigned mag is shown next to an original. This was before a Gen 2 was released. It shows the tapered feed lips. The article says it increases reliability with all types of ammo. The MPX is a Gen 1. Does this make things clearer? Nope.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:41:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In the review on Recoil magazine a redesigned mag is shown next to an original. This was before a Gen 2 was released. It shows the tapered feed lips. The article says it increases reliability with all types of ammo. The MPX is a Gen 1. Does this make things clearer? Nope.
View Quote

Jesus...

Are 5 year olds in charge at Sig?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I read this month's ago, well before most people purchased Gen 1 MPX's
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/foghorn/now-shipping-sig-sauer-mpx/
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 5:10:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I read this month's ago, well before most people purchased Gen 1 MPX's
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/foghorn/now-shipping-sig-sauer-mpx/
View Quote

Like I said before, I don't have the time to keep up with every single blog or forum so I missed this.   This information was just not widely distributed enough and even some of the dealers (at least mine) were unaware that there was a "version 1".

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
exactly this...The fact that this was a gen 1 gun was known ONLY by those that follow the forums closely.  I am not one of those..

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never buy Gen one!

Class dismissed...

Really???

Excatly, how would you know that you bought a Gen1, until a Gen2 is released???

Life is too short to wait for a second generation of anything, to start having fun.

Would you have passed on a 1953 Gen1 Corvette, and wish you owned one today???

exactly this...The fact that this was a gen 1 gun was known ONLY by those that follow the forums closely.  I am not one of those..

If a gun was never in existence prior to you purchasing it, there's about a 100% chance it's a Gen 1. That really doesn't require one to be an insider in the industry to realize.

And has been mentioned before, there's nothing collectible about an MPX. Gen 1 or otherwise.

Now if you want an actual collectible PCC, HK94's/SP89's/MP5's come to mind....now a Gen 1 (and apparently flawed) SIG MPX doesn't even come close.

Maybe once it's been in military circulation for decades and shares an illustrious global history with other real world PCC's, perhaps......but that ain't gonna happen since the adoption of short 5.56 guns.

Link Posted: 11/23/2015 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Am I the only one that see's the "original" mag being the same as the "new" Gen2 mag????   Like maybe they finally "fixed" the gun and went back to the "original" mag??   Maybe they shoulda just fixed the gun first and then sent it out to us ready for prime time and able to do all they promised.....

T
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

MP5
View Quote

I chose a MPX over this because I figured it'd be easier to get parts at more reasonable prices (stocks, mags, etc). Jokes on me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 11:59:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Am I the only one that see's the "original" mag being the same as the "new" Gen2 mag????   Like maybe they finally "fixed" the gun and went back to the "original" mag??   Maybe they shoulda just fixed the gun first and then sent it out to us ready for prime time and able to do all they promised.....

T
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

T

The Recoil article stated that "One of the tweaks SIG made to ensure reliability with all ammo types was to cut back the feed lips on the original magazine design, which was meant to ensure positive feeding all the way into the chamber.  Weak sauce 9mm hung up halfway on the feed ramps."

So per the article, the original magazines are what is now being called Gen 2 and they were modified by cutting back the feed lips to make the Gen 1.  Last I heard from SIG (Thursday 11/19) was that Gen 2 magazines will work in Gen 1 uppers / firearms to "ensure availability of magazines for the future".  Who knows what the real story is at this point.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The Recoil article stated that "One of the tweaks SIG made to ensure reliability with all ammo types was to cut back the feed lips on the original magazine design, which was meant to ensure positive feeding all the way into the chamber.  Weak sauce 9mm hung up halfway on the feed ramps."

So per the article, the original magazines are what is now being called Gen 2 and they were modified by cutting back the feed lips to make the Gen 1.  Last I heard from SIG (Thursday 11/19) was that Gen 2 magazines will work in Gen 1 uppers / firearms to "ensure availability of magazines for the future".  Who knows what the real story is at this point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

T

I read and heard the same.  If true I am 99% cool with the mag issue alone.  I really could care less about .40 or 357 SIG

T
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top