Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2007 2:34:59 PM EDT
just wondering if there is much of a following here?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking about buying a Bravo.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Bark River Copperhead. It's my favorite knife. The blade is a good length, a little under four inches I think, with enough belly to be a good skinner. It's sharpened all the way to the hilt. (A lot of knives aren't for some reason, but that's where your intricate carving work is done, so it's important.) There's no upper guard to get in the way or to prevent the use of a proper deep sheath. It has a full tang. Takes a great edge, and last but not least, it looks good.

This year I field-dressed, skinned and butchered two deer and a moose, and that was the knife I used for most of it, not to mention all kinds of miscellaneous camp chores like making fuzz sticks for fires, cutting up vegetables, and etc.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Mike Stewart at BRKT made me a fine knife.

Here's the thread:
archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=4&t=210674

EDIT:

Oops...just noticed...don't think you can view the Archives.

So I'll just say I would not hesitate for a second to buy another BRKT knife if it fit my needs.
Link Posted: 12/6/2007 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I had looked at the Bark River's on-line for quite a while, but never had the opportunity to handle one.  

A few weeks ago I decided to purchase a Bravo-1 with Orange G-10 scales.

I was extremely impressed with the knife when it arrived.  It was slightly larger than I had expected (a good thing)   Fit, finish and attention to detail are superb.  

I'm sure I will eventually buy more, probably a Fox River and a Micro-Slither.
Link Posted: 12/7/2007 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#5]
i purchased my first barkie a few weeks ago as well(a few days before thanksgiving) and have since picked up 14 others.
Link Posted: 12/8/2007 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The Bravo -1 is one of my favorites. I cannot say enough about the company and the knives. Bark River's not only look as good as custom knives costing much more money, they also perform, and are backed by a no BS warranty. Need your knife sharpened, blade or handles polished? Sheath have a problem? No big deal. Send it in, it's all free!

Bravo -1

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top