Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 11/16/2016 9:35:16 PM EDT
I just bought some 647 grain FMJ bullets and some 622 grain incendiary bullets, and I am going to start reloading for an AR50 using H50BMG powder.  What should be my starting load?  Internet searches make me think to start at 215 grains, go up in 1 grain increments, and stop when I get either flattened primers or sticky bolt movement.  Is this correct so I don't mess something up?  Does anyone have any safe and accurate pet loads they use for surplus bullets with this powder?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 11:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  That is exactly the info I needed.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:12:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use 215 grs for everything from ball to AMAX as its a mild load and won't beat you or the brass up.

I got some of my most accurate loads from using 222 grs. and AMAX seated out to 5.71". That was out of my AR-50 but should work fine out of yours.

As for surplus, just seat them to the cannalure and shoot them.
View Quote

he gave the same info to me about 10yaand its solid.

I got to 225 grs for the m2hb, but 215 is my go to load
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I took 650 grain brass solids up to 245 grains of H50BMG with no pressure problems on my AR-50.

Had a new shooter in the 1000 yard FCSA game use my rifle and this play ammo, AND HE OUT SHOT ME !!!

Like I always say "Accuracy is determined by the loose nut behind the gun." Judging the wind and other conditions is where he beat me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:35:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Like I always say "Accuracy is determined by the loose nut behind the gun." Judging the wind and other conditions is where he beat me.
View Quote

Much wisdom you have shared in your comment.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is my load sheet.. I only use H50....  Standard warnings apply.. lower the charge and work up..

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top