Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 10/15/2016 2:52:43 PM EDT
I am looking to buy a couple hundred rounds of .50 BMG for a Barrett M82.. What's the best ball ammo to stock up on? Seems like the Federal M33 from SG ammo is a pretty good deal, but I have read that ammo is a little hotter than it needs to be. How does the IMI M33 ball compare to Federal?

Old 1950's lake city ball shoots around 3 MOA at 300 meters, and Magtech shoots close to 2 MOA but I can't find Magtech .50 BMG anymore.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I highly recommend IMI M33 Ball. I just sold a case of factory loaded IMI 50BMG M33 Ball to a shooter in CA. I also sold all the IMI 50 BMG M33 Match bullets shown below to another shooter in CA. I have obtained excellent accuracy with IMI 50 BMG M33 Match bullets I have reloaded

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Still looking at getting an M82 to go with my M99. Is there any ammo that won't run consistently in M82? I have read problems with Hornady AMAX OAL in feeding but I primarily shoot PMC or American Eagle in my M99. Are those reliable in everybody's experience, realizing less than stellar accuracy potential?
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top