Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 1:15:54 PM EDT
Anybody have any info or experience with SCAR Moses Mags? They have a good rep for their FAL mag version.
Looks like they have only been out for a couple weeks, so I'm sure not to many people have tried them yet.

Always looking for options
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:24:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I was waiting until they had some in FDE, before I bought a couple to try.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a few last week.
Picked 2 at random, loaded both to capacity, and let loose with 2 different 17s.
They worked perfect.
I hope to get a little more range time in soon.

A few notes=
they took 21 rounds, but I loaded 20 for testing.
They latch in nice with the bolt closed and 20 rounds in the mag.
BHO activates nice.

From my limited testing, they look GTG
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Copperjacket on FNFORUM said he ran 40 rounds through each of the 4 SCAR Moses MAgs he got. He said they are 100% and would be buying more.They seem to be the real deal. He also mentioned dropping them on concrete with no issue. Has this been an issue with stock magazines? I wouldn't think to drop my $40 steel magazine on concrete but it does make sense that they should hold up to a certain amount of wear and tear, even on concrete.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a update on the FDE mags. I got a email from George at Moses and he says at least a few more months before the FDE ones come out for sale.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Copperjacket on FNFORUM said he ran 40 rounds through each of the 4 SCAR Moses MAgs he got. He said they are 100% and would be buying more.They seem to be the real deal. He also mentioned dropping them on concrete with no issue. Has this been an issue with stock magazines? I wouldn't think to drop my $40 steel magazine on concrete but it does make sense that they should hold up to a certain amount of wear and tear, even on concrete.
View Quote

That pretty much sums it up, but I should add that the bodies feel a little soft if I squeeze the sides while unloaded.  This makes me wonder if they would survive the "run over by a truck test," but while I do drop mags on the ground during reloading, I make it a point not to drive on top of them.  I should also mention that Moses are the only aftermarkets I have tried, so I don't have anything else to compare them to apart from OEM.  I am very pleased with them though, and I prefer them to OEM unless/until a problem is noted.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#6]
At 27.99, I'm gonna have to give a few a spin.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Got an up date from their youtube channel- They run over it three or more times

"Truck Test"

Don't know how to embed yet
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got an up date from their youtube channel- They run over it three or more times

"Truck Test"

Don't know how to embed yet
View Quote

Well, color me impressed.  I was just thinking about picking up a few more.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my 2 mags last week and tested yesterday. Both performed without issues so no complaints.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Top Top