Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 4:18:24 PM EDT
My dealer said he has a customer that is looking to sell an M1 with a 14" barrel. It is equipped with ghost rings and is a former police model he bought from his dept. Does anyone know if there is enough meat in the barrel to thread it for chokes?

My brother has the Supernova tactical model and there is not enough metal to thread for chokes. Before I waste my time and his time I thought someone here might be able to give me an informed answer.

You might ask why I want to thread it and I think it might make a decent brush gun for both deer and grouse.

Thanks for any help you guys may provide.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#1]
as the full length (18') barrel on the Beneli has a larger OD around the choke area than the rest of the barrel, if the shorty model has the same OD to the end, I'd say there is not enought wall thickness to thread a set of chokes in it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It'll be too thin.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:58:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top