Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 10:18:33 PM EDT
i have a chance to get a swd m11 9mm with extra side charging upper, 8 mags and a fixed extra stock. seller is asking 5k it this a good deal?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't think about it too long, your probably not the only one who knows about it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#2]

All I can say is this....

$5K was around the going rate last April for M11/9s and M10/9s.

I've seen several at prices around $5.5K lately.  Obviously, the MG market can and will fluctuate.  

However, if you are really in the market for a MAC, I'd take that deal.

I kept trying to find a "screaming deal" on a MAC in 2013.  Trying to save a few hundred dollars ended up costing me $2K when the market kept creeping away from me.  Finally, I bit the bullet, and I bought around the price you are seeing.  It may be a while before the market moves significantly above my price point-- or it may not.

Doesn't really matter to me.  I have the one I wanted, and i have no intentions of selling.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#3]
its good but not great.   However, if its local and you trust the seller, that goes a long way and is easily worth 10% or more price wise...
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i have a chance to get a swd m11 9mm with extra side charging upper, 8 mags and a fixed extra stock. seller is asking 5k it this a good deal?
View Quote

Sounds like a fair deal. Not great, or even really good, but fair. Certainly not bad. Nothing wrong with both sides getting a fair deal.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:12:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, fair to good.  If you want one, and it's in good shape, grab it and know you did well.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

If it is STEN converted, that would be a big plus. Mine is.
Sten mags are cheap and plentiful.

Saint Peter
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Saint Peter
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saint Peter

All good except Sten magazines SUCK to load.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#9]
During the AW Ban, a Sten converted MAC was a plus, as the main alternative were crappy Zytel mags.  Given the supply of new mags for MACs, I don't think that's the case any longer.  It's certainly not the reason to spend money and convert a gun.  Nice quality, unmodified Sten mags don't look to be cheap any more from the quick search I did.  (Yes, beat up mags converted to 20 rounds are $5.)
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
During the AW Ban, a Sten converted MAC was a plus, as the main alternative were crappy Zytel mags.  Given the supply of new mags for MACs, I don't think that's the case any longer.  It's certainly not the reason to spend money and convert a gun.  Nice quality, unmodified Sten mags don't look to be cheap any more from the quick search I did.  (Yes, beat up mags converted to 20 rounds are $5.)
View Quote

The new Z-Mags from Shockwave Technologies are nothing short of perfection.

Mine even feeds HP's flawlessly now.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:58:42 PM EDT
[#11]
5k is a fair deal, nothing a steal though.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is good to hear. I was looking for a Mac 11 that was, converted to stem mags. I was never in the right place.

I had Sam at prac solu convert my Mac 10 to Uzi mags and man that is nice..

One of the main deciding points for me was I have a sten mkii and an Uzi. As such i am sitting on a stash of sten/uzi mags that my great grandchildren are proud of...
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Saint Peter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saint Peter

Sten conversions are NOT desirable from my perspective. The mags are very difficult to load and with the newer mags out there (shockwave), totally unnecessary. They were useful during the mag ban b/c sten mags were available. Not so much now.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree about the Sten converted one's being less, not more desirable. The new Shockwave mag is well built and reliable in my experience.

I also spent considerable time installing steel feedlips on about a dozen of my [original] Zytel mags and they have so far ran 100%, whereas before many of them were spitting out rounds or causing malfunctions, that is if they could be loaded at all. Original Zytels can still be found relatively cheap and are very easy to load without a loader.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:16:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don't think about it too long, your probably not the only one who knows about it.
View Quote

Yep, this ^

That's just about what I payed for my SWD M/11-9 last year for an in state sale. Came with 4 mags and an old Coastal suppressor that weighs a ton. Getting a side cocking upper would be great to make it a dedicated .22LR upper.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:46:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Paid 400 for just a rusted M11 lower receiver a few years ago.
Owner had a basement flood while on vacation for a couple months and the house sitter never went downstairs!
Mold everywhere, almost everything destroyed, while helping move his stuff upstairs to the garage(he was throwing everything out),
I saw the gun and offered what I had in my pocket at the time 400 bucks cash(plus 200 tax, was a steal I thought)!

Built new receiver, and cut old receiver serial number/proof marks off and welded to new one.
It was a bitc but worth it. It would have been easier to just engrave a new serial number but I was told that was illegal.
Anyways, the rust was so bad, there was just no way to refinish the old frame.

All in all with accessories/conversions and a collection of 50rd stick/ 200rd drum mags, you can say Ive spent at least 5k on it anyway.
The point is that, yes 5k seems like a fair price, as I may have just spent that on the frame myself instead of doing all the work lol.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I have found using the AUSTEN loader for the mags make life beautiful.

M/11 SWD with Sten conversion done to it. It works very very well and mines drop free easily also
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Owner had a basement flood while on vacation for a couple months and the house sitter never went downstairs!

Mold everywhere, almost everything destroyed, while helping move his stuff upstairs to the garage(he was throwing everything out),

I saw the gun and offered what I had in my pocket at the time 400 bucks cash(plus 200 tax, was a steal I thought)!

Built new receiver, and cut old receiver serial number/proof marks off and welded to new one.

It was a bitc but worth it. It would have been easier to just engrave a new serial number but I was told that was illegal.

All in all with accessories/conversions and a collection of 50rd stick/ 200rd drum mags, you can say Ive spent at least 5k on it anyway.

The point is that, yes 5k seems like a fair price, as I may have just spent that on the frame myself instead of doing all the work lol.
View Quote
Quoted for the awesome WFT

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#20]
IBTL!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah do what........
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah do what........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah do what........

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

I'd have just welded the serial numbered piece into a M249.  I hear that you can do that.

Joking, Mr. ATF man.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#23]
FWIW, I would never repeat that story to anyone.  And please plan on dying with that gun and have your heirs to promise to never sell that gun outside of your family.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

Pics?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:32:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Pics?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics?

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:19:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Spend 15 minutes converting an Uplula and you can load Sten mags easy peasy. Not a big deal and Sten mags are cheap, plentiful, and built like a brick shithouse.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:23:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oooooooooo kay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top