Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2013 6:57:15 PM EDT
It would be great to find a raw forging, but they appear to be few and far between. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the first few xm148's were castings, but that they had a "cracking" problem. Barring finding a raw forging, anyone have any knowlege about using billet 7075 or 6061 to machine a receiver?  any ideas/suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
In for responses.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Wood?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The drawing calls for 7075 forging or 6065 for billet. Member rncbinc is hopefully close to having 80% 203 receivers available

William
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Check www.gunbroker.com for receiver forgings. I found 2 and snatched them up...haven't seen any since but they come up for sale from time to time.  I am still waiting on the ATF for paperwork on my finished and 80% receivers, they take a long time but it will be worth the wait. The 80% receivers I am trying to get made are 6061 T6 billet.  The hunk of aluminum that goes into the mill is huge!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check www.gunbroker.com for receiver forgings. I found 2 and snatched them up...haven't seen any since but they come up for sale from time to time.  I am still waiting on the ATF for paperwork on my finished and 80% receivers, they take a long time but it will be worth the wait. The 80% receivers I am trying to get made are 6061 T6 billet.  The hunk of aluminum that goes into the mill is huge!
View Quote

Would you hurry up already
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top