BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mikado_Wu:
Last Friday my Omega had been shipped.  Today, silencer shop had my paperwork ready to be signed.....

However, no one has talked to me yet.  I am curious, as I so not have not purchased a stamp for this can yet.  

Anyone know if we are being gifted the Tax Stamp?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Omega 300, bogo23-1407xx

Applied August 2nd ‘23

As of today, still “in process”

Purchased a Hybrid 46 to get the bogo, picked it up from jail today.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 10milg29:
Only what...two months until the 2024 BOGO is announced?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Worth trying......

I finally contacted me last night.  They now have my money, papers signed.  Lets see how long its in jail for.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mikado_Wu:
Worth trying......

I finally contacted me last night.  They now have my money, papers signed.  Lets see how long its in jail for.
View Quote

What was your number and date?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By walldj45:

What was your number and date?
View Quote

Submitted - 6/20/2023

BOGO23-134xxx
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
So...the BOGO update video was posted almost 90 days ago.  ...any reason to think they'll offer any updates on the updates?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#8]
And for those that Care, my Bogo has been paroled, kind of.  Have to wait till Tuesday to pick it up.  Little shocked this came through on a Sunday morning at 6am, Maybe because the systems where shutdown yesterday.
Submission Date: 05/01/2024
APPROVED: 05/05/2024
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Update: 1363XX just arrived at my FFL.

Originally Posted By DashDot:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268939/IMG_3906_jpeg-3157100.JPG

Not part of the recall since it hasn’t shipped or been assigned.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/268939/IMG_3907_jpeg-3157101.JPG

While pending form 4 i found out it was affected by the recall so i arranged to send it back through my dealer. While they had it the suppressor form 4 cleared and i grabbed it. The turn around for them to inspect/fix was quick. Maybe a couple weeks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DashDot:

Update: 1363XX just arrived at my FFL.

View Quote

1360** still "in process"

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to go ask at NRA booth this weekend...wish me luck.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Mytus:

View Quote

You won’t be the only one…
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 5:09:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By dan_h:

You won’t be the only one…
View Quote

Yall really think SiCo cares?  

They suck thousands into their BOGO promos every time they offer one.
Same scam.
Same long delays.
Same complaints.

They are laughing all the way to the bank.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:50:51 PM EDT
[#14]
It’s a classic trade off: speed, quality, cost - pick two.  

The BOGO trades speed of delivery for quality at a low cost IF the totality of cans offered meet people’s needs & requirements. The FOMO jump on the bandwagon folks roll dice on needs and requirements.

NFW I’d participate in most BOGO cattle call, as good deals that meet quality & cost come along often enough. But I’ve seen the BOGO motivate fence sitters.  I think the biggest risk to SiCo marketing going forward  is that designs are perceived to be advancing and the free can might be perceived to be stale Christmas cake on New Year’s Eve.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:13:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jwlaxton] [#15]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
It’s a classic trade off: speed, quality, cost - pick two.  

The BOGO trades speed of delivery for quality at a low cost IF the totality of cans offered meet people’s needs & requirements. The FOMO jump on the bandwagon folks roll dice on needs and requirements.

NFW I’d participate in most BOGO cattle call, as good deals that meet quality & cost come along often enough. But I’ve seen the BOGO motivate fence sitters.  I think the biggest risk to SiCo marketing going forward  is that designs are perceived to be advancing and the free can might be perceived to be stale Christmas cake on New Year’s Eve.
View Quote

They didn't advertise it as "We'll ship the BOGO cans when we have idle capacity".  It's a scam.  On Capitol Armory's website it said it would take less than 6 months.  I can't remember what SiCo's website said, but I thought it was less time.  Regardless, I've bought 8 SiCo cans, and the BOGO Omega 300 would have been 9.  This was the first time I bought while they were offering the BOGO, and I won't buy anymore cans from them.  In fact, I already bought another can from a different company for the use I had intended for the BOGO can, and it's already approved.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By jwlaxton:

They didn't advertise it as "We'll ship the BOGO cans when we have idle capacity".  It's a scam.  On Capitol Armory's website it said it would take less than 6 months.  I can't remember what SiCo's website said, but I thought it was less time.  Regardless, I've bought 8 SiCo cans, and the BOGO Omega 300 would have been 9.  This was the first time I bought while they were offering the BOGO, and I won't buy anymore cans from them.  In fact, I already bought another can from a different company for the use I had intended for the BOGO can, and it's already approved.
View Quote

Perfectly reasonable to trade cost for speed.  

I suppose this latest BOGO will be perceived more as a scam / abuse especially given the current ATF beat-down-the-NFA-trust fast individual approvals.  Hard to know what the ratio of satisfied to disappointed is / will be.  I only personally know one person who participated and they seem tolerant of the deal.  I suspect SiCo is meeting whatever explicit contractual obligations were made.

This thread will sink into archives and obscurity and likely not inform any future cost / benefit decisions if another BOGO crops up.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DogtownTom:

Yall really think SiCo cares?  

They suck thousands into their BOGO promos every time they offer one.
Same scam.
Same long delays.
Same complaints.

They are laughing all the way to the bank.
View Quote

Your assertion regarding SiCo’s lack of concern may be correct…but is also explains why they have a rating of ‘F’ with the BBB…if you visit that site you’ll find the most recent complaint against them is this specific issue.

As the marketplace continues to innovate, I’ll certainly be looking at other options…especially lighter weight ones!
Link Posted: Today 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Mytus:

View Quote

I stopped by and asked...tldr version.

Lots of BOGO orders...warranty rework took precedence...every distributor is ordering lots due to ATF approval speed...dedicated part of production area for BOGO cans...several hundred going out weekly.

No current plans for BOGO 2024...
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top