Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 2:12:37 PM EDT
I am planning on buying a silencer to be used exclusively for 9mm.  I plan to use it on a CZ SP-01 with an RMR, and possibly an MP5 later on.  I have ruled out the Octane 9 because I have read that it has a lot of backpressure and I want to avoid that.  

I have narrowed it down to either the Octane 45 or the Liberty Infiniti.  Both seem to have good performance with 9mm and are reasonably easy to clean, and I would like to choose the one that will keep backpressure to a minimum.  Has anyone tried both on 9mm and can you comment on which one will have less blow back?

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am planning on buying a silencer to be used exclusively for 9mm.  I plan to use it on a CZ SP-01 with an RMR, and possibly an MP5 later on.  I have ruled out the Octane 9 because I have read that it has a lot of backpressure and I want to avoid that.  

I have narrowed it down to either the Octane 45 or the Liberty Infiniti.  Both seem to have good performance with 9mm and are reasonably easy to clean, and I would like to choose the one that will keep backpressure to a minimum.  Has anyone tried both on 9mm and can you comment on which one will have less blow back?

View Quote

I stopped reading right here. Pics of shenanigans
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably the Mystic X.

I have an octane and the blowback is pretty bad the last time I remeber shooting it (on a Beretta 92 BT).

I've placed a Liberty regulator on order for a SBR 15-22 as it looks like the Spectre baffle design will force a lot more of the gas back into the action compared to a monocore design.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both the Octane 45 and the Mystic. They are pretty different animals.

I know the Infinity is full Titanium and will save weight, but I'm guessing it will still be heavier than the Octane. The Liberty boosters are longer and heavier. But the Mystic (Infinity) is quieter.

Octane is probably lighter and cheaper.

I'd agree that the Infinity will probably have less back pressure.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I have all three cans but not a CZ SP-01. I can give it a shot on an M&P 9 Saturday if you don't receive an answer before .
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Running a Octane 45 with a M&P45 and 1911 has some blowback.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Can't comment on the Liberty, but on my Glock 17 w/ Octane 45, it does have a notable amount of blowback.  You don't necessarily notice it every shot, but every once in a while you get hit with it.  I keep my mouth closed when I shoot it now
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an Octane 9 and Mystic. The Mystic definitely has less blowback.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Ive got both cans and a bunch of threaded CZ's.

The Octane 45 is a great can, but its hard to compete with dedicated 9mm cans.  The Mystic X is quieter and for whatever reason, seems less gassy to me.

Its heavy though.  I havent played with an Infinity, I assume the weight difference is significant.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:02:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would but I don't have it yet- I am planning on putting it together during the long wait.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:04:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have all three cans but not a CZ SP-01. I can give it a shot on an M&P 9 Saturday if you don't receive an answer before .
View Quote

I would love to hear your opinion.  Even if it's not a CZ, a direct comparison on the same host would give a good idea of which is better/worse.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:11:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ive got both cans and a bunch of threaded CZ's.

The Octane 45 is a great can, but its hard to compete with dedicated 9mm cans.  The Mystic X is quieter and for whatever reason, seems less gassy to me.

Its heavy though.  I havent played with an Infinity, I assume the weight difference is significant.
View Quote

That's interesting, I would have bet on the Octane being less gassy due to the larger bore.  Maybe the baffle design plays a bigger role in the matter.  

The Infiniti with a piston comes in at almost exactly the same weight as the Octane 45, although it's a bit longer.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#14]
On the Smith and Wesson 9mm M&P the octane 45 had noticeably more back pressure than the Infinity or mystic.
I thought for sure the octane 45 would have less because of the bore diameter but that is not the case.
Just for the fun of it I also tried it on a HK P 30 L.
Same result.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
On the Smith and Wesson 9mm M&P the octane 45 had noticeably more back pressure than the Infinity or mystic.
I thought for sure the octane 45 would have less because of the bore diameter but that is not the case.
Just for the fun of it I also tried it on a HK P 30 L.
Same result.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  It seems like that is the consensus then.  I am definitely leaning towards ordering an Infiniti.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top