Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 7:21:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mattgunguy] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NightOwl:

Nyah, I liked the HK style so got a pair for mine. Works fine until I decide if/which optic to go with eventually.

http://i.imgur.com/jNFbdEel.jpg
View Quote
Show off

I really do like the HK sights. Those look really good on your rifle.

Next thing I want is a bayonet lug. So needs a bayonet. I LIKE BAYONETS DAMN IT!!!!! MUST FIT OKC-3S TO ARX!!!!

Now I'm a gun nerd :)
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By glklvr:
I tried about five different BUIS', including the much vaunted LPA flip ups. CZ scorpion sights were too low for me, the factory are just crazy high, and everything else falls in between, mostly AR height sights. I have finally settled on Troy micros. They seem to be the correct height.
View Quote
LPA is mo' betta.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Troy micros work just fine with a mini dot without a base
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
What type hand stop are you using on your ARX 100 ?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 10:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
BCM stubby grip for me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Valmet62:
What type hand stop are you using on your ARX 100 ?
View Quote
If you have the original handguard (not the pic rail), I've seen people use the CZ Scorpion handstop.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info !!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:06:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Valmet62] [#8]
One more question for all you the ARX 100 experts: I found this photo on another AR15.com post and the rifle appears to have a magpug butt pad. Has anyone added something similar to their rifle and any suggestions on how to do it ?

Thanks in advance !

Link Posted: 6/30/2018 10:20:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#9]
One more question for all you the ARX 100 experts: I found this photo on another AR15.com post and the rifle appears to have a magpug butt pad. Has anyone added something similar to their rifle and any suggestions on how to do it ?

Thanks in advance !

http://bluerealmstudios.com/Downloads/myarx100.jpg
View Quote
Seen it before.  No one has ever come forward to offer up any details.  I'd guess an adhesive bond is used, but don't know what type.  I've thought about trying to do it using industrial velcro, since it has some decently strong adhesive for the hook/loop backing strips, but which can still be removed without causing damage to the buttstock.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 1:52:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak47Dennis] [#10]

Thanks in advance !

View Quote
That looks like the pad from

Nexus Tactile
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Seen it before.  No one has ever come forward to iffer up any details.  I'd guess an adhesive bond is used, but don't know what type.  I've thought about trying to do it using industrial velcro, since it has some decently strong adhesive for the hook/loop backing strips, but which can still be removed without causing damage to the buttstock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks in advance !

Seen it before.  No one has ever come forward to iffer up any details.  I'd guess an adhesive bond is used, but don't know what type.  I've thought about trying to do it using industrial velcro, since it has some decently strong adhesive for the hook/loop backing strips, but which can still be removed without causing damage to the buttstock.
I would hope it screws on like a Magpul stock pad. Any thing else is Mickey Mouse..
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ak47Dennis:
I would hope it screws on like a Magpul stock pad. Any thing else is Mickey Mouse..
View Quote
The buttpad is solid plastic on the ARX.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Nexus Tactile
View Quote
That's where I saw it, but I don't see where in the site any of those listed items can actually be ordered.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
I dont want to come across as argumentive but know its not. The push button mechnism to extend and retract the stock is located with in it.

Additionaly i dont get your point whether its solid or hollow how is that relavant to attaching a buttpad?
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#15]
That's where I saw it, but I don't see where in the site any of those listed items can actually be ordered.
View All Quotes

Nexus Tactile
Here was a response off IG.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 7:51:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#16]
I dont want to come across as argumentive but know its not. The push button mechnism to extend and retract the stock is located with in it.

Additionaly i dont get your point whether its solid or hollow how is that relavant to attaching a buttpad?
View Quote
Solid as in there's nowhere to screw a rubber buttpad in. Unless you're willing to take the stock apart and use nuts and bolts to secure it, you'll be screwing metal screws into plastic.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:55:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKDoc] [#17]
Went ahead and ordered a parts kit form Botch as a spare to my SBR and use the other barrel to SBR my FDE ARX. Still waiting on my SBR to ship though it looks like form 3 is approved. Slooow shipping. Does anybody with factory SBR know if it ships with lower rail and cover?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AKDoc:
Went ahead and ordered a parts kit form Botch as a spare to my SBR and use the other barrel to SBR my FDE ARX. Still waiting on my SBR to ship though it looks like form 3 is approved. Slooow shipping. Does anybody with factory SBR know if it ships with lower rail and cover?
View Quote
It doesn't ship with the full lower rail.  I ended up ordering mine direct from Beretta with the extended charging handle.  It has the slide off cover and a very small section of rail under it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 2:43:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKDoc] [#19]
Originally Posted By onekneedown:

It doesn't ship with the full lower rail.  I ended up ordering mine direct from Beretta with the extended charging handle.  It has the slide off cover and a very small section of rail under it.
View Quote
Thanks. Yeah unfortunately beretta USA has been out of stock on the rails for a while. I do see people order some from the Italian website and get them shipped.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 6:00:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: precisionphilosophy] [#20]
Hey guys

This seems like the ARX-100 master thread so I thought I'd post here. I've got a bunch of questions.

First how does the ARX suppress? I've got a reasonably high backpressure can and was wondering if it is going to be super gassy. I've seen mixed reports, some people saying the gas is awful, and some saying otherwise. Are the factory 10" barrels more gassy than the 16" or something? I assume that you use the normal (N) non adverse setting when shooting suppressed right?

Does anyone have experience installing different muzzle devices? Suppressor mount muzzle devices? How do you hold the barrel when installing a new muzzle device? With an AR you just vice up the upper using a bev block, or upper vice block. How do you do it with an ARX?

Any experience chopping the factory 16" barrel to ~14.5" then pinning and welding a muzzle device? Is there enough material to shoulder a muzzle device against or do you need to add a shoulder when you get the barrel chopped and threaded?

What are the best groups you can expect out of this thing? 1.5 MOA possibly? Or more likely 2-2.5 MOA?

How is the return to zero when you quick change a barrel?

Anyone completed the magwell modification to allow more magazine compatibility?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 1:49:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By precisionphilosophy:
Does anyone have experience installing different muzzle devices? Suppressor mount muzzle devices? How do you hold the barrel when installing a new muzzle device? With an AR you just vice up the upper using a bev block, or upper vice block. How do you do it with an ARX?
View Quote
Barrel blocks for ARs and barrel blocks for the ARX... It's the best way to do it.

Also, upper receiver vise blocks should never be used for muzzle device installation or removal on an AR. You could end up loosening the barrel from the barrel extension and/or shear the indexing pin and damage the upper receiver's indexing pin notch.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 2:37:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#22]
Hey guys

This seems like the ARX-100 master thread so I thought I'd post here. I've got a bunch of questions.

First how does the ARX suppress? I've got a reasonably high backpressure can and was wondering if it is going to be super gassy. I've seen mixed reports, some people saying the gas is awful, and some saying otherwise. Are the factory 10" barrels more gassy than the 16" or something? I assume that you use the normal (N) non adverse setting when shooting suppressed right?

Any experience chopping the factory 16" barrel to ~14.5" then pinning and welding a muzzle device? Is there enough material to shoulder a muzzle device against or do you need to add a shoulder when you get the barrel chopped and threaded?

What are the best groups you can expect out of this thing? 1.5 MOA possibly? Or more likely 2-2.5 MOA?

How is the return to zero when you quick change a barrel?

Thanks!
View Quote
The dual ejection ports mean you'll get blown in your face, so get used to it.  Shooting glasses are your friend.  I know LOS is working on a kydex port cover similar to the one in Ital.mil issued kit, but it's still in proto stage.

Suppressed shooting with a shorter bbl should result in comparitively less back pressure, if for no other reason than the pressure drops off sooner due to the bullet leaving the muzzle sooner than a longer bbl, all else being equal.  Set the gas block on 'S' when running it suppressed.  'N' is the larger port setting for dirty conditions or underpowered ammo.  A 3rd setting specific for can use would've been a nice feature.

Installing a muzzle device on a cut down bbl will require a crown washer.  Get a bbl vice from Brownels.  RTZ should be pretty good for bbl reinstall, though different lengths will have unique zero points.  It's as accurate as a CZ Bren, which no one bitches about.  The ARX catches more flak because it doesn't resemble an AR or SCAR.  With the 10" bbl mounted, it's nearly the same size as a CZ EVO 3.

Lastly, mod your mags & leave the magwell alone.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#23]
When I changed out my muzzle device, I clamped the flats of the nut at the front of the barrel collar into a vice.  No problems.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 3:48:13 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
I shot mine suppressed, some blowback from the giant open hole in the side of the gun, though not as bad as I'd feared. Someone's making a cover, he also make the cheekrest, but it's not perfect yet and he likes perfect.

The barrel/ gas block setting, there are two holes in the barrel to allow gas in, the gas block switches between only one, or doing both. Normal 16" setup is one hole works with mil-spec, 2 holes with weaker ammo. Usually when cutting down a barrel, you open up the gas holes to allow more in to cycle it faster given that there's less dwell time. So I've seen someone that cut to 10" or whatever and opened up the first hole to function with silencer on, then opened up the second hold to work without silencer.

I just took the barrel out and dropped it into a vice. Griffin brakes don't need a lot of torque anyway though.

Thanks!
The mod to use Magpul gen 3's isn't hard. You just deepen and widen the track enough to do it. The mod to accept other magazines with giant fences on the side is more irritating. I've done both, along with starting on grinding off the A2 pistol grip finger thingee, but I then got distracted from that project as a waste of time and tossed that part in the closet until I get bored again. I had bought a spare lower to play with, so never installed it to the gun.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#25]
How hard is it to mill off the stops on a mag?  I've never personally encountered an overinsertion problem using USGI mags (no tabs or fences). Mod the mag.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#26]
So what's the consensus regarding the best replacement flip up sights for the ARX 100 ? I just picked a rifle up from Academy Sports and the stock sights to me are a hideously impractical and sit too high on the rifle. Any info would be appreciated !!
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#27]
So what's the consensus regarding the best replacement flip up sights for the ARX 100 ? I just picked a rifle up from Academy Sports and the stock sights to me are a hideously impractical and sit too high on the rifle. Any info would be appreciated !!
View Quote
I'm personally a big fan of the Ital.mil issue LPAs because of the quality.

Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:52:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Valmet62] [#28]
any pics of these sights mounted on the  rifle ?
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 1:34:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#29]
View Quote

From p.51 in this thread:

Link Posted: 7/4/2018 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#30]
How hard is it to mill off the stops on a mag?  I've never personally encountered an overinsertion problem using USGI mags (no tabs or fences). Mod the mag.
View Quote
I just bought a bunch of gen 2's, I guess if you're invested in gen3's, but then you'll be modifying a bunch of the gen 3s anyway.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Most of my PMags are Gen 2s and I've kept it that way. I see no tangible advantage to the Gen 3s for my purposes or most any purposes.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
I not seeing any place that has them other than a seller on Amazon
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 12:48:27 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
I bought 2 sets through Amazon, no issues.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
If it's Fusion Firearms, that's that custom 1911 shop. You can trust them.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Those LPA sights look as tall as the original polymer sights, which are too high.  Are they?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:29:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#36]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
Those LPA sights look as tall as the original polymer sights, which are too high.  Are they?
View Quote
No. They are the same height as AR BUIS, like MBUS, regular Troys and 90% of the other BUIS out there. They're the right height if you use LOS' cheekpiece.

I've tried a bunch of BUIS systems, including the LPAs, looking for the right height for the ARX rail. I settled on Troy Micros. I've also tried the CZ Scorpion iron sights (too low).

High to low, at least from what I've found:
Factory plastic BUIS
90% of BUIS, including LPAs (AR height)
Troy Micros
CZ Scorpion irons

Probably going to get rid of my LPAs, since they're too high for me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Does anybody have a list of what magazines will and will not work in the ARX 100 ?
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:15:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Does anybody have a list of what magazines will and will not work in the ARX 100 ?
View Quote
The Beretta is designed to take NATO STANAG magazines. Pretty sure the only non-compatible mag right now is the Magpul M3 and Lancer AWM.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 12:41:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#39]

The Beretta is designed to take NATO STANAG magazines. Pretty sure the only non-compatible mag right now is the Magpul M3 and Lancer AWM.
View Quote
Lancer AWMs work fine in the ARX. I thought that I heard somewhere that it doesn't work with the pre-AWM lancer mags.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 11:16:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: precisionphilosophy] [#40]
Any tips for making the cheek riser a bit more stable? Mine moves around and gets knocked around. I also figured out a decent way to mount a Blue Force Gear Vickers padded sling to the gun. Front sling mount works fine, but the rear requires a sort of webbing adapter to go from 1" webbing to the thicker 1.25" sling webbing. You can kind of see it in the image with the multicam sling attached.

I am really liking my ARX though! Aimpoint sent me low mount screws for the QRP so the PRO should be mounted lower coming up pretty soon. Will also just remove the factory irons at that point and run with only one sighting mechanism trusting the PRO's durability. Going to run the gun in a 2-gun match coming up shortly hopefully.

Hoping to chop the barrel coming up in the next 6 months or so. I think I'll leave the gas ports/screws alone and just hope that the reduced barrel length translates into reduced dwell and thus reduced gas. This should then pair with suppressed use for slightly less gas to face as compared to the factory configuration when suppressed.

Link Posted: 7/18/2018 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#41]
... Any tips for making the cheek riser a bit more stable? Mine moves around and gets knocked around.
View Quote
When properly mounted the riser shouldn't move/shift at all under recoil. If the issue doesn't resolve, send the riser back for a new one. BTW, very nice stick!

-jimmy
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
Lancer AWMs work fine in the ARX. I thought that I heard somewhere that it doesn't work with the pre-AWM lancer mags.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

The very first generation Lancer magazine, the L5, is the one that is not compatible.  It has a big lip around the magazine that functions like the overinsertion nub on Magpul M3s.

The L5A is the second generation magazine and deletes the giant lip.  L5AWM improves the feedlip design.  Both fit and function fine.

Magpul M3 and the second generation EMAG have those overinsertion nubs and will not fit.  Grinding them off is all that is required if you absolutely gotta use a new generation Magpul.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#43]
FYI Academy Sports "Hot Buy" this week is Beretta ARX 100 for $799!

In stores only at Academy Sporting Goods Stores.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 10:01:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cherenkov] [#44]
Is there enough barrel diameter on the rifle-length profile barrel to cut down to SBR (10.5) and re-thread 1/2 x28?????

I think this just looks way better as an SBR, despite paying Uncle Stamp his $200 tax stamp
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Has anyone considered trying to work the grenade launcher attachment area into a pic rail?
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 11:24:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone considered trying to work the grenade launcher attachment area into a pic rail?
View Quote
No, just bought the rail.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I added some rail mounted quick connects to add a sling. The one on the top rail allows use of the sling with the stock folded. The port cover is one of Jimmy’s prototypes. The Steiner light fits perfectly, I’m guessing it was designed for the ARX since they are sister companies. The combo of Troy micros and TA44 is perfect for thisAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
rifle, it’s not accurate enough to justify any more magnification.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 6:21:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cherenkov] [#50]
Where can one find a clamp on bayonet lug for the ARX 100?

It seems a a few years ago there were some aftermarket ar15 pencil clamp on types that should work, but not too common today - searching on google yields old out of stock items.  Anyone find some?
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top