Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2015 6:03:07 PM EDT
Can you guys let me know if this is right.  I have a Crye NightCap and am looking at buying an AKA2 mount that has the dovetail hookup.  

Is this and this my only two options for mounting this to a PVS-14?

I'm guessing by looking at it, but on the dual one, I could take off one of the dovetails to make it a single, right?  I have no use for double.

Currently I am using a J-arm with a rhino mount, but it doesn't have the dovetail mount.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, go with the DDA, the horizontal adjustment is essential & that extra dovetail is to quick-switch eyes when the 14 bores a hole into your brain after a few hours of use It doesn't get the optic perfectly over the other eye, but it gets you close enough.

Oh, there have also been reports of Wilcox & Norotos stuff not playing well together. I think it was the other way around though, with a DDA not fitting some G24's or something. Does anyone remember or have experience with that combo?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#3]
If you don't feel the compelling need to get dovetail, you could just get an AKA2 with bayonet interface and use your existing J-arm.  That is the exact setup I run on my NightCap by choice, and I have the AKA2 dovetail adapter and DDA in my spare parts box.
Top Top