Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks TNVC! I wish the illuminator was better, but nothing a surefire 600v wouldn't fix.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone noticed issues with battery drain or zero shifting?

The battery drain is a definite thing, not a big deal, Ill just leave it in the off setting. I noticed 2 different times that when leaving it on the visible setting my battery died within a few weeks.

The zero shifting Im hoping is a one off thing. I zeroed it months ago. Got out to shoot it last night and my zero was no where even close. Checked the mount screw, it hasn't moved. I zeroed it a little right of center to my optic to have something to go off of until I can hard zero again. Ive had a few K through the rifle with it mounted now. I made sure to put positive load on the turrets again. Not sure if it riding around in my trunk or getting beat around at classes has shifted the zero or what. It was off by quite a bit, about a foot off to the left and low.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's odd. Certainly the first I've heard. I have been hammering away at mine for months and no issues. Again, I always check zero before anything, because tons of vibration and a hard drop can throw it off.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The battery drain is a definite thing, not a big deal, Ill just leave it in the off setting. I noticed 2 different times that when leaving it on the visible setting my battery died within a few weeks.

The zero shifting Im hoping is a one off thing. I zeroed it months ago. Got out to shoot it last night and my zero was no where even close. Checked the mount screw, it hasn't moved. I zeroed it a little right of center to my optic to have something to go off of until I can hard zero again. Ive had a few K through the rifle with it mounted now. I made sure to put positive load on the turrets again. Not sure if it riding around in my trunk or getting beat around at classes has shifted the zero or what. It was off by quite a bit, about a foot off to the left and low.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/2015-05-03%2018.46.50_zpsamtuiyu9.jpg
That's odd. Certainly the first I've heard. I have been hammering away at mine for months and no issues. Again, I always check zero before anything, because tons of vibration and a hard drop can throw it off.

I too am experiencing battery drain with my unit.  Put a fresh battery in there and a few weeks later it is dead.  I leave the batter out of the unit now when it isn't being used.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I too am experiencing battery drain with my unit.  Put a fresh battery in there and a few weeks later it is dead.  I leave the batter out of the unit now when it isn't being used.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/cclement45/2015-05-03%2018.46.50_zpsamtuiyu9.jpg

Battery drain seems to be a real thing with my unit. This has happened a few separate times. I generally try and not jump to conclusions about things so I have "tested" it doing this a couple different occasions.

Only seems to happen when I leave it in a "ON" position. I have only fiddled with it with leaving in on the visible laser setting. Ive had it in the off position for a few weeks now and used it last night with zero issues. That's kind of whatever to me and a nonissue.

Now the zero thing, Im not chalking that up to anything until it happens again. But it is something that left me up last night wondering how that happened. I had a hard zero at 100 yards a few months back.

I was shooting at a bottle about 50 yards off last night and hitting left and low away from the bottle. First I thought it was just me as I hadn't shot with NODs in a bit. Then I backpacked the rifle and held it as steady as I could. Same result. I peered down my Elcan and turned on the visible laser to see the laser far left of the middle of the reticle and low.

I thought it was very odd. But things do happen. Hell could have been jumbling around my trunk to and from several events I have shot the last few months and something caught the turrets for all I know.

POA/POI zero to an optic produces solid results on small critters such as possums out to engagement distances. I may just keep this zero as it is easier to confirm and Ill never shoot much further than 100 yards at night. Too hard to tell a cat from a possum at that point

Honestly I zeroed my laser at 100 a few months back and I don't recall the laser zero being much different from my optic zero when doing the parallel zero, maybe a cunt hair to the right and not easily distinguishable from my Elcans dot and visible red laser dot. I think Im splitting hairs with a laser system by trying to ensure its 1" right or so of my day scope zero. Maybe easier to just zero it to my optic and call it a day. I mean it cant be much off out to 200 yards which would be the max I would ever really engage something using a laser. I mean it is a laser after all. I got real wrapped up in trying to zero it back then and honestly think Im overthinking the whole thing, I mean wouldn't a POA/POI zero be pretty damn close out to 200 or 300 yards? We are dealing with lasers here not precision scopes. But if Im wrong please correct me

I know for sure the unit has taken a few hits from barricades and such

ETA for clarity, when POA/POI zeroing the visible laser to the day sight, Im looking at a distance roughly for what I have the day sight zeroed to, not across the room on a wall

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember reading on LF.net or somewhere that people have experienced drain with their military units.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I remember reading on LF.net or somewhere that people have experienced drain with their military units.
View Quote

Haven't ever had battery drain issues personally when the ATPIAL is turned "OFF."  

However, when left on an "active" setting, I've had drain.  

::shrug::

Just make sure to turn it "OFF" when you're not using it.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Has the winner been announced yet?
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The winner of the ATPIAL C? Yes. It was announced in last months newletter. The winner also has received his laser.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has the winner been announced yet?
The winner of the ATPIAL C? Yes. It was announced in last months newletter. The winner also has received his laser.

Any way you guys could convince unity to make a wing that will fit the issued non scout qd surefires?

I really dig the unity scout mount clamp for the peq15, but I don't get why they don't make any of those things for the actual issued lights.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I had mine in a case and came back to a dead battery - but suspected that perhaps the case pressed the button.  It is in the case now - set to off.  I do not recall what it was set to last time.
Page / 18
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top