Here is the coyote taking a .308 at 230 yards around midnight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBtLfUaHy0

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:39:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice shot.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:52:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Couple more fell to the FLIR T-75 last night, including a squirrel in the barn ripping up the corn bags, will work up the video:

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
FLIR brings home the bacon once again! Lots of it....

Trapped eight nice hogs this morning and took them to the University Meat Laboratory to have them processed professionally into sausage and examined for brucellosis. Huge hydraulic stainless steel table, electric winch on steel I-beam, giant walk in freezers, and professors training their agricultural students on meat quality! Sausage will be delivered next week.

Got home beat and took a nap, then put some fresh batteries in the FLIR T-75 Long Range thermal weapon scope and headed out in the backyard in the teaming rain, five minutes later took down a nice 300 pound sow after spotting her with the FLIR M-324 Pan/Tilt thermal cockpit cam. She took a handloaded 7.62mm Barnes 130 grain TSX to the head @ 125 yards, DRT.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#5]
The SkyPup live trapping, what the bleep?.
I think that is a first for you in the NV section.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#6]
It was open house at the University Agricultural College Animal Sciences division and we told the professors that we would provide some fresh wild boar hogs for the gigantic all day cook out for the alumni, faculty and students....

Officially and legally you are not allowed to have firearms on State University property, but they made an exception for us and everyone wanted to know all about FLIR thermals that I use....

The professors were especially interested in the use of thermal technology applications in the meat industry and the FLIRONE was a big hit with everyone for measuring precise temperatures and documenting them.

Plus we got some free Burcellosis testing...never can be too cautious with that!

There is a paper blot antigen-antibody kit that you put a drop of pig blood onto to check for any agglutination of the antibody against the brucella bacteria to screen for brucella presence.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#7]
FLIR T-75 SIG 716 7.62mm HOG KILL Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv8kf28SkrI&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Couple of FLIR T-75 StandAlone Mode through the tube photos showing their internal digital 7.62mm NATO BDC reticule in my backyard in the rain of some vultures feeding on hog carrion, the unit also has an internal digital 5.56mm NATO BDC you can easily switch to also.

It functions as a StandAlone very good, but works even better up to 8X with a day optic....

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:25:09 PM EDT
[#9]
T-70 Eyeball shot @ 175 yards on nice boar hog tonight after spying him with the cockpit M-324.

T-70 is a nice kit!

Going to feed allot of folks this weekend!
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok so I'm really not trying to ask a million questions but I'd like to get an idea of what sort of FOV this would present to the day optic in 0.5x vs. my LWTS at 1x.  Do you know what the T-70's FOV (degrees) is at 1x and 0.5x?  I use mine w/ a 1-6 and 2.5-10 mostly and at 1.5-2x w/the day optic my FOV is quite huge.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Without getting technical specs specifically for them and comparing, you would have twice as much FOV using 0.5X as you would 1.0X at all day scope magnifications.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Who needs NV/Thermal if you've got a good Ass?

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Holy crap! Is that a vampire donkey?
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quick and possibly crazy question,

Could the T50 or T70 pull double duty as a high quality monocular like an M18 Recon?
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Could the T50 or T70 pull double duty as a high quality monocular like an M18 Recon?
View Quote

Absolutely.  The T70 is basically a clip on version of  FLIR's M18 monocular.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For certain, the T/70/T-75 are both a weaponized M-18, they all have hardened military cores.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#17]
FLIR keeps putting 'em down with a running earshot at 75 yards, DRT.

FLIRONE works good too!

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Another ear shot on a 350 pound boar at 75+ yards at night with the suppressed SIG 556 and FLIR T-70 in my backyard right behind the house.

Once I get the video organized, it will become evident why the FLIR 60 and T-70 0.5X magnification is so wonderful for night hogging.

I saw this boar from 200 yards away while walking with my FLIR LS-64 and could not tell if it was a hog or a deer as I also saw four bedded down deer within a hundred yards of this boar hog. I did not have my rifle with me and had to go back to the house to get it and come back out and relocate the boar hog, who had moved quite a bit from where I had first spied him with the LS-64.

Due to the large live oak trees and the underbrush, I was happy for the Red InstaAlert on the LS-64 and was able to relocate a red hot thermal signature in deep brush behind a large live oak. Began stalking him but he was on the move scarfing up the fresh crop of acorn mast that had fallen down in the last two weeks.

Turned on the T-70 and was able to pick him up with the 0.5X magnification, however when I laid down on the ground to target him I could not see him anymore and just got a couple of short traces of this back sticking up out of the brush. Had to move and relocate three times, all the time shifting back and forth from the LS-64 to the T-70 as I attempted to get into range so that I could see him.

Finally, decided I would have to take a standing off hand shot because after three tries laying down, that was the only way I could target him.

Put a suppressed Barnes 70 grain hand-loaded TSX into his ear and down he goes.

I never would have located and found this hog again using higher magnification as I needed WFOV to find him and target him in the very difficult to see conditions.

Just another good reason why I highly recommend 0.5X for hunting on foot when you are on the ground with these destructive beasts!

Will work on the vid this week which should illuminate the excellent enhancement the 0.5X provides in very difficult situations.....

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#20]
450 pound hog ear shot after midnight FLIR T-70:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA-uYCFiBZE&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
450 pound hog ear shot after midnight FLIR T-70:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA-uYCFiBZE&feature=youtu.be
View Quote

Are you hunting off your back deck again
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#22]
There is a long story behind this one, everyone totally LOAF!!!!

He took a 5.56mm handload Barnes 70 gr TSX and 7.62mm 175gr SMK to his ear simultaneously!

Had a FLIR T-50, T-70, T-75, and RS64-35mm all one him at once.......and he was DRT.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Okay swami...  what is LOAF?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me help you "Laughing Our Ass/Asses Off"
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:37:56 AM EDT
[#26]
FYI for owners of FLIR T-70/T-75 Government Systems military thermal weapon clip-on scopes;

I contacted Flir Government Systems in Pittsburgh about having the TAU 2.6 microbolometer firmware upgraded to the latest TAU 2.7 firmware with all the new image enhancements and this is what I found out:

"The T70/75 Military weapon thermal sights uses firmware that is a modified version of the stock FLIR Personal Vision Systems’ firmware."

"FLIR GS does not currently have a released version of the T70/75 firmware or T70/75 software that is compatible with the Tau 2.7, it is probably several months away.

This effort is currently underway.."

Scott Keitzer
Director of Systems Engineering

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#27]
BTW, the deal with this TAU 2.7 upgrade is that it is NOT a simple software upgrade patch, it requires the complete rewriting the entire firmware and software from A to Z.

Good news is that this may include numerous improved internal digital 5.56mm and 7.62mm BDC reticules as well....
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is another good reason why I personally like the FLIR T-70, I was attacked and knocked down by this hog because I had the magnification on 1X instead of 0.5X.

I was out on the powerline grade out back tonight and watching many buck deer chasing does 400-600 yards out on the FLIR M-324 Pan/Tilt in the UTV, but saw some more thermal signatures behind them about 800 yards down the line. Got out and started hiking towards them.

The deer all took off when I got within 200 yards of them but I could still see what appeared to be hog thermal signatures another quarter mile down the way.

Got up to them at 250 yards out and took a bead on the biggest one with the T-70 leaning up against a telephone pole for support.

First 225 pound sow drops dead in her tracks with an earshot and about a dozen other hogs all scatter and try to get away.

One hog breaks out of the sounder and starts running my way, had the T-70 on 1X and started shooting at the running hog coming right at me, shot 6 times and missed every shot except the last one hits the hog at 50 feet from me, it rolls, gets up and continues coming right at me. Next thing I know I am on the ground as the hog ran into my left leg as I was trying to get out of the way.

Flipped the T-70 to 0.5X laying on the ground and shot the hog through the chest @ 50 feet behind me.

Pretty exciting to say the least, but since I had the thermal on 1X for the first shot @ 250 yards, I was unable to nail the charging hog in the 1X FOV, as soon as I switched to 0.5X the hog died. In a situation like this, I wish that I could have switched to 0.5X in time to prevent getting knocked down as I was alone at night in the woods a couple of miles out back of the house....

The first 250 yard ear shot dropped the sow in her tracks:

This is the dude that knocked me over:

Between the two of them, another good sausage haul....

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:16:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Did you have any NV on? If you had you could have switched to the IR laser
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:41:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah, that would have helped but I did not bring the NV since it was about two hours after sundown and the moon is just now coming up about four hours after sundown.

I feel like heading back out there again with the NODs now that the moon is up and the sky is clear to blast a couple more!
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:35:36 AM EDT
[#31]
BTW, just for the record, that last big earshot 450 pounder the T-70 brought down provided 225 pounds of sausage, two gigantic tenderloins, and some of the best ribs I have had in a long time!!!

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#32]
200 yard song dog in the rain again, does not get much better than that with a thermal.

Except then a sow shows up and the T-70 wastes her with an earshot in the rain too!

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Here is another good reason to be equipped with excellent Night Vision and Thermal at night when you are out hunting in the wilderness, coming up on these bad boyz at night freaks me out!!!

Looks like we need some bigger traps though!

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#35]
.300 Win Mag
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#36]
are those seriously bison? eat that shit man - they are so delicious
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
are those seriously bison? eat that shit man - they are so delicious
View Quote

My favorite red med meat, with venison in second place.
Them buffalo's make the best 1/2lb burgers.

Damn, now I'm hungry, and it's my bed time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#38]
The lead bull is Top Gun, the second in command is Rambo, and the third is the Terminator.

They are protected here and we don't mess with them and pray they don't mess with us either....
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 6:47:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Working on a new build to mount some of my FLIR NV/Thermal gear on.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I wanted this sucker ever since I first got to hold one at the HK Booth at the Shot Show, thanks to HK for this hyper engineered hog stick!
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I wanted this sucker ever since I first got to hold one at the HK Booth at the Shot Show, thanks to HK for this hyper engineered hog stick!
View Quote

I remember that day well...  Is that the 416 I showed you or one of the others?
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#43]
I could not get a German 416, had to settle for a measly MR556 instead, has heavy 16" barrel 1:7" with no chrome lining and standard threads for suppressor.

It does have complete Cerakote quad color finish on everything including the stock and six HK metal and three HK polymer magazines.

All internals and controls have upgraded lubricity enhanced NP3. Upgraded stamped HK nickel boron bolt system. Upgraded HK tactical charging handle has been refinished in NP3 and slide rack honed; seems like it is on ball bearings.

Trigger system has the complete SOCOM DDM upgrade to a single stage medium reset 3-3.5lb release. German HK1 stock with swing out rubber plate for storage, HK custom grip w/ storage.

And it will take standard M4 uppers, so a HK 10" SBR upper will be a nice addition.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-416-10-4-Upper-Kit-OTB-p962.htm

Will find out how well it kills at night soon....
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#44]
HK 556A1 is dialed in and ready to kill some hogs tonight!

It does rock literally.

Complete Cerakote quad color finish on everything to inc stock.

All internals and controls have upgraded lubricity enhanced NP3.

Upgraded stamped HK nickel boron bolt system.

Upgraded HK tactical charging handle has been refinished in NP3 and slide rack honed; seems like it is on ball bearings.

Trigger system has the complete SOCOM DDM upgrade to a single stage medium reset 3-3.5lb release system.

Complete internal blueprint.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:54:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
HK 556A1 is dialed in and ready to kill some hogs tonight!

It does rock literally.

http://www.phossil.com/thom/HK/HK%20Rocks.jpg

http://www.phossil.com/thom/HK/HK%20T70.jpg

Complete Cerakote quad color finish on everything to inc stock.

All internals and controls have upgraded lubricity enhanced NP3.

Upgraded stamped HK nickel boron bolt system.

Upgraded HK tactical charging handle has been refinished in NP3 and slide rack honed; seems like it is on ball bearings.

Trigger system has the complete SOCOM DDM upgrade to a single stage medium reset 3-3.5lb release system.

Complete internal blueprint.
View Quote

It is so ugly that it is beautiful
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#46]
It is a wicked kit, will post some pics of some of the kills this weekend with it, absolutely loving it!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#47]
More about this fine kit later, got hogs to clean after getting back home at 5AM:

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Ridiculously stoopid shamful selfie while freezing my arse off last night out hogging again, will post some fraternal hog killer pics of the hunt with mucho NV/Thermal gear getting used to the max....

Three manics with guns, FLIR RS64-60mm 6.8SPC, FLIR RS64-35mm 6.8SPC, and FLIR T-50 7.62/51mm:

ZOMBIE HOGS MUST DIE!

That was 18 hogs total eradicated including the feti...and we were just getting started! Thermal rules the night again..
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Then, to top it all off, one of the gang was walking in the dark to a tree stand in a dense live oak understory and spotted this boar hog off to the side with the helmet mounted FLIR M-24 and shot it at 150 yards when it crossed the trail using the FLIR RS64-60mm ThermoScope and left it there and climbed up into the 15 foot tree stand.

Fifteen minutes later he hears some barking and thinks some hunting dogs are nearby, but then all hell breaks loose 150 yards from him with yelping, barking, and howling. Looks over through the thermal and a pack of coyotes are attacking his recently deceased hog and trying to drag the carcass off deeper into the woods. Got down out of tree stand and went to go rescue the hog as the dogs were going wild in the dark. Saw the dogs in the thermal but too dense to shoot. It was all over in about three minutes when he got there and they took off, however this is the damage the coyote pack did to the hog in less than 3 minutes......

Another two minutes and they would have ripped the boar hogs head off!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Sorry this was mentioned a ways back in your thread, but do you know if the TAU 2.7 upgrade may be applied to earlier m24 scopes?
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top