Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2017 9:32:42 PM EDT
I picked-up this 5/44 Nagoya Toriimatsu (2nd run) Type 14 Nambu with extra mag. Not a lot of finish left but solid. All matching. It will need new springs before it's shot....They are on order.

I have about $375.00 in it counting the springs I ordered.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!

I like those goofy-looking things. I'm going to have to pick one up eventually.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice!

I like those goofy-looking things. I'm going to have to pick one up eventually.
View Quote
It's been said that is where Bill Ruger got the idea for his Ruger Standard .22 pistol.

I'll pick-up some ammo for it tomorrow but the seller has a bunch of surplus Jap. ammo and the holster for it but it's all still packed away. His Dad (passed) was a gunsmith in Texas and he just moved the gun collection to Virginia. Hopefully I'll get the rest by and by.

That said I did not buy it in the expectation I would ever see the rest of the stuff (no betting on the come for me) but I thought it was a fair price.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#3]
If you plan on shooting it, I'd get an extra firing pin to replace the matching one for shooting.

Just so you know, these have a habit of breaking firing pins and extractors.

There are original unnumbered firing pins available, but original extractors are hens teeth.

Also, DO NOT DRY FIRE IT.

They WILL break the firing pin.

Stay away from PCI 83 grain Nambu ammo, it is under-powered and thus tends to stovepipe, possibly breaking the extractor.

The newer PCI 100 grain Nambu ammo is better.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
For ammo you can resize and trim 357 sig brass. Reloading dies are the best accessory you can get for these!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top