Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2015 3:54:15 PM EDT
Just picked this up

Going to mill out the receiver and inlet a Marlin 795

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Long ago someone made a plastic stock that looked like a MG42 that you stuck a 10/22 in. Looked cool, but later I sold it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Long ago someone made a plastic stock that looked like a MG42 that you stuck a 10/22 in. Looked cool, but later I sold it.
View Quote

i have that same POS MG42 stock and it was probably .  it was like 1/3 scaled

i didnt use it and got me a real MG42 parts kit.  

i still need to make the receiver for it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:05:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Where did you get that? Is is a replica or some type of airsoft?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where did you get that? Is is a replica or some type of airsoft?
View Quote

display gun made from MG34 parts kit.  

everything is original except receiver is made of cast aluminum that im going to mill out and inlet
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
milled out

testing fitting

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]
im 85% done with this

man this was a pain to get the rifle inside. i had to do some tight twisting and use a rubber mallet to hammer it through

also did some severe modification by removing a lot of the Marlin  795 trigger guard

i have it bolted on through the buffer tube in the action and the barrel is pointed a bit downward.

i have to do some more filing to point it straight.

also need to buy an aluminum tube and connect it to the Marlin 795 as a barrel shroud because its about 12 inches short

the 795 trigger is also short and will need to create a trigger horse shoe adapter to bring it down.  any suggestions on how to do this?

ive used kydex before and heated it up to form it around the original 795 trigger

i also want to create a longer charging handle

then paint the receiver and test fire

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#8]
amazing work
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Now that is cool!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#10]
bought a shoulder thing that goes up

brings the barrel length to 5 feet long

trimmed down the barrel shroud to 12 inches

painted the barrel shroud black

now time to work on the extended trigger

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:02:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Great ideals, and great work with what you have to do it with. The only thing I see in a lot of your builds. You spend so much time to get the rifle to fit in these chassis' or stocks. And the trigger is always so far from being right. How hard would it be to find a competent welder to make your builds right and complete? If your going this far, don't just half ass it. There is nothing more satisfying  than a finish project .Just my 2 cents of the thousands of pictures you have posted over the years. Bear of Tactical Image Guys. I use to build the SAW M249 stocks for the Ruger 10/22`s. I know what I am talking about here. Not trying to be hard here, just wanting to help someone with an interest and love that I share as well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:22:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Great ideals, and great work with what you have to do it with. The only thing I see in a lot of your builds. You spend so much time to get the rifle to fit in these chassis' or stocks. And the trigger is always so far from being right. How hard would it be to find a competent welder to make your builds right and complete? If your going this far, don't just half ass it. There is nothing more satisfying  than a finish project .Just my 2 cents of the thousands of pictures you have posted over the years. Bear of Tactical Image Guys. I use to build the SAW M249 stocks for the Ruger 10/22`s. I know what I am talking about here. Not trying to be hard here, just wanting to help someone with an interest and love that I share as well.
View Quote

thanks.   its still not done yet until i fabricate my own trigger extension.  i finished painting the receiver and barrel shroud black so its cleaned up.

yea the trigger sitting high has always been a problem for me.  the M249 SAW doesnt have that problem with the 10/22 because it magically lines up and you dont have to touch the 10/22 trigger at all.

the .22LR Barrett M82 using a 10/22 also magically lines up with the M82 barrel shroud.  

it just really depends on the chassis im using since i only have Marlin 60, 795 and Ruger 10/22 to work with.  

a 10/22 may fit in this however id have to cut off the MG34 trigger guard which would throw off the original look.   also the MG34 receiver would be thin.

this thing feels like it weighs close to 30lbs. so having a thin receiver can crack the cast because its so front heavy

it wouldnt make sense for me to pay a welder ($40/hour) to spend hours trying to modify the receiver just to align the trigger.  if the trigger was down more, then Marlin 795 barrel wouldnt line up with the MG34 barrel shroud at all.

its just easier to just fabricate something with Kydex or even use other triggers and make an extension.

also the airsoft are made of pot metal.  not sure if welding will work with it.

im always looking for new ideas on doing extended triggers.  now that i have my own mini mill, it makes it easier for me to fabricate custom things.  

i just need to learn more of the functional mechanics like a trigger group where something that pivots off a roll spring, then hits a tension spring, and then hits something else.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#13]
It's done and firing.  

Pics with a .22LR 1918 BAR clone

Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#14]
beautiful work sir
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#15]
What kind of accuracy are you getting with the sites on the mg34?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What kind of accuracy are you getting with the sites on the mg34?
View Quote

its decent

these were double taps @ 25 yards

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm betting there's no (cheap & easy) way it could be modified to a beltfed.
That would be way cool!
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm betting there's no (cheap & easy) way it could be modified to a beltfed.
That would be way cool!
View Quote

that would require more engineering unless there's an existing complete belt fed .22LR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top